• Nitto NT-05

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I love my GS-D3's, but since they are no longer going to be making them that only really leaves 1 choice. Nitto.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've been having pretty good luck in a 295 width BFG KDW2 - good traction with 400 hp....ok traction with 500 hp. If you roll into it in 1st you're good...

I'll give them this much though, best rain tire I've owned in a long long time. I keep an extra set of wheels/tires for the track so they fit my bill just fine.

Ryushin

Established Member
My only real concern with the NT-05's is that there is not much tread depth to them. I'm worried that in 5K miles, they won't be much better than drag radials.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I would love to try some NT-05's, but for some reason 90% of manufactors don't want to offer 315's or 335's in a 18 unless its a DR.

Are you saying NT05s are DR? These tires are meant for carving corners with the added benefit of rain performance. Their sidewall strength is probably similar to the ZR Nittos.

Jefe

Established Member
My only real concern with the NT-05's is that there is not much tread depth to them. I'm worried that in 5K miles, they won't be much better than drag radials.

I have 4700 miles on my rear set and they hook just fine and still have more than half tread from what I can tell

Jroc

Established Member
Are you saying NT05s are DR? These tires are meant for carving corners with the added benefit of rain performance. Their sidewall strength is probably similar to the ZR Nittos.

No, NT-05's aren't offered in 315's or 335's for 18" wheels.

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, this is a bit of a switch. Based on what I've read, the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta actually exceed the GS-D3's and are supposed to stick as well as Nittt's 555's. The price for the Vredestein's seems to be comparable to the NT-05's.

Evs04Snake, were did you purchase these?

Evs04Snake

Established Member
Presently I have Vredestein Ultra Sessanta tires on mine. Good in the wet, not as sticky as the Nitto DR's. I have 275/40-17 on stock wheels on front and 315/35-17 on rear on 10.5 wheels. Pretty good for a DD. Paid about $760 for all 4, delivered. Bought from Group A Wheels.

:thumbsup:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Where did you hear this?

They already stopped making the 265/35/18 size that both Kevin and I run on the front of our Cobras. I was told by Goodyear they are possibly phasing out the GSD3 model tire all together. I just had to replace my worn GSD3s (been on the car for 3 years). I ended up with Pilot Sports. They are OK, but run more narrow than the same size GSD3 tires I had been running.

Not happy! :cryying:

Plus, the GSD3 just looks killer.

2ed3041.jpg

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
So what about 17" sizes? As long as they keep making the 315/35/17 size tire I don't care what they do. :-D

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Found this cool video on the making/research of the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires. I'd never heard of them till this thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWMTiXPbLQ"]YouTube - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta[/ame]

xxtorinoxx

Established Member
I have 4700 miles on my rear set and they hook just fine and still have more than half tread from what I can tell

approaching 5000 miles on my nt-05's and they are wearing well. Still have alot of tread left on the back and the fronts still look new.

Car is daily driven to work. These tires are awesome in the rain. 70+ mph much better than the nt555's they replaced on my car.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
approaching 5000 miles on my nt-05's and they are wearing well. Still have alot of tread left on the back and the fronts still look new.

Car is daily driven to work. These tires are awesome in the rain. 70+ mph much better than the nt555's they replaced on my car.

since you've owned both what tire sticks better?

xxtorinoxx

Established Member
I had the nt05's stick better than the 555's i had but they don't compare to the 555r extreme II's i had replaced. They are the same as the drag radial but with stiff sidewalls.

nt05's on my car spin in second if you are really on it but they bite pretty good from a 30mph roll.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
So 555r extreme II's are basically the drag radial with stiffer side walls? I'm looking for something super sticky. Sick of no traction with my cheapo sumitomo cheapos. I was gonna get Nitto drag radials again (haven't had a set in years) but if 555r extreme II is better I'll get those? I don't go to the track but it's not really a daily driver, just a fun toy I also take to work once in a while.

Jefe

Established Member
I had the nt05's stick better than the 555's i had but they don't compare to the 555r extreme II's i had replaced. They are the same as the drag radial but with stiff sidewalls.

nt05's on my car spin in second if you are really on it but they bite pretty good from a 30mph roll.

Taken them to the track? Havent seen any 60' times posted yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread