Dealer says their area rep leads them to believe there will be a '23 GT500

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford Performance, SVT, whatever.. the lady called it SVT when she transferred me...

is that what's important, or that the people answering the phones at Ford don't know if they are making a 23 or not?? or is it because I dare challenge your omnipotent authority on this precious forum?

You can challenge me all you want. Let's throw down a healthy wager on it if you have your doubts.

Say, $1,000?

EDIT: I'd be as confident to say that if there is a 2023, I'll sell you my first allocation for $1,000 UNDER MSRP.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ignore Are You Listening GIF by Ubisoft Canada

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
You can challenge me all you want. Let's throw down a healthy wager on it if you have your doubts.

Say, $1,000?

EDIT: I'd be as confident to say that if there is a 2023, I'll sell you my first allocation for $1,000 UNDER MSRP.
Ford told me my order was on material hold as of April 21st. They have three months (between September-November) to get the material hold issue taken care of for it to be a 22 model. If they do not get the material hold cleared up in that time frame and there is not a 23 model, I'm not getting a car. If Ford announces that there will be a 23 GT500 it'll definitely be a 23 model.. per Ford, CFTP won't happen, but my order is for a non-CFTP.

so now, if Ford told me that, who are the people on this forum to debate it? i never claimed to have insider information, quite the contrary, I have no idea if there will be a 23 model. I'm saying wait for Ford to make an official announcement.

My dealer told me their Ford rep happened to call them and threaten them not to cancel the (two) orders for GT500s that they have in the system, within 30 minutes of me calling Ford inquiring about my order and 23 models

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford told me my order was on material hold as of April 21st. They have three months (between September-November) to get the material hold issue taken care of for it to be a 22 model. If they do not get the material hold cleared up in that time frame and there is not a 23 model, I'm not getting a car. If Ford announces that there will be a 23 GT500 it'll definitely be a 23 model.. per Ford, CFTP won't happen, but my order is for a non-CFTP.

so now, if Ford told me that, who are the people on this forum to debate it? i never claimed to have insider information, quite the contrary, I have no idea if there will be a 23 model. I'm saying wait for Ford to make an official announcement.

My dealer told me their Ford rep happened to call them and threaten them not to cancel the (two) orders for GT500s that they have in the system, within 30 minutes of me calling Ford inquiring about my order and 23 models

Material Hold- your dealer doesn't have an allocation. I guarantee you won't get your order.

There will be no 2023 GT500. Carbon Fiber, non-Carbon Fiber or Platinum.

Why on God's great Earth would Ford call a dealer and threaten to cancel their order/allocation for a customer calling in and asking questions? Give me a break.

I have twelve oceanfront properties in Kansas I'll sell you for $100,000 cash.

The information you're spewing/re-spewing is making it appear as you're just trying to troll, because it's so incredibly far off base.

So, you in on the wager? Especially now since you're definitely not getting a 2022.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
so now, if Ford told me that, who are the people on this forum to debate it? I'm saying wait for Ford to make an official announcement.

Generally, SVT hotline employees are contracted. They don't spend time dealing with Ford corporate, least of all about an inquiry into a car that doesn't exist. I thought you said you spoke with SVT but now you spoke with Ford?

As for debate, it was already laid out for you. No program, no car. Again, ask your dealer for a copy of the form they filled out to participate in order to get a '23 allocation. They never paid a fee for '23 (in actuality, YOU would be paying that fee for them, however indirect it may be).

Self fulfilling prophecy is not the missing link here.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm just hoping to go 5/5 on wagers. I could use some beer money for vacation next week.

Since homie ain’t gettin a ****ing car, he should be able to pay up.

Again, it’s wild that with what you do, people argue with you. But to be fair, i see the same shit - people try to argue hellcats with me, until they realize who signs my ****ing checks

ford20

Established Member
It's like NIck and Tob said, there will be no 2023 GT500.

There will be a S550 Mustang in 2023 but it will be a short model year.
I don't know exactly what Earl does at Ford, but if he is saying there is no 2023 GT500, I would believe him more than a sales manager looking to keep a hefty deposit or salesman trying to make their commission. Earl seems to have a pretty good track record of relaying correct information from what is going on.

Every GT500 order is on UMH until the Regional Rep changes the Priority code from 01-09. If you are still at PC 10 or higher, you better get on Autotrader and start calling up dealerships, or else you are unlikely to get one. My car was literally just a GT500 with the HE package. That's it. No other options and I was stuck in UMH from March until my salesman called and said they weren't getting a 2nd allocation even though they told me my order was their first order that they placed for a GT500. That's after being told 2 weeks prior that their regional rep confirmed my order and that it would be built. Dealers lie all the time to try and get sales. At the end of the day, you can wait until September 19th to find out if there's a GT500 or not and potentially be behind the 8 ball and watch ADM's skyrocket, or you can bite the bullet, ask for your deposit back and go find a 2022 and be content even if in the unlikely scenario that a 2023 GT500 will be announced. For what it's worth, my dealer told me that there would also be a 2023 GT500 when he told me my order was canceled. When I called him back 10 minutes later to ask about it again since I was shocked that my order was canceled, I had to leave a message and still haven't heard back from him about a 2023 GT500. Now I'm just trying to get my deposit back after buying a GT500 at a different dealer. Had I remembered, I would have reached out to Nick to get my 2022. Oh well.

CGoeschel

Established Member
While it’s quite possible that there might not be a 2023 GT500, it’s premature to say that since there is no 2023 dealer program for GT500 yet, that means there’s no program possibly coming in the next month or so. We just wholesaled Mustangs with Ford last week and we are still wholesaling 2022 model year with October build dates. They usually have us sign the agreements ahead of model year changeover. October is not balance out for Mustang, so there’s still hope.

dan1982

Established Member

material hold? Jeesus christ man.. that dealer doesnt even have an allocation. I CANT believe ANY DEALER would behave this way. I guess your dealer is hoping alllll allocations get filled and THEN they are able to build your car. just wow. Taking deposits without allocations........... should be criminal. GM started building 2023 model year cars in may.

Users who are viewing this thread