Destroyed Piston from 2015 Mustang GT

Scott GT/CS

Established Member
I'm quoting a member in BOG (Blue Oval Gang)..

2015 Mustang GT Track Pack 6spd MT
10429407_856433194401968_8366463853010548533_n.jpg

"Car only has 2000 miles, apparently the 6 speed cars are popping up across the states, customer says the check engine light blinks and the engine blows, 3rd car to do it in the nation."was the #3 cylinder.

I'm just giving a heads up in case theres a problem in Fords Tune. Keep an eye out for the CEL

Scott GT/CS

Established Member
the owner states 3 others just like his had same thing happen. all were GT 6spd man with track pack option.

Zemedici

Established Member
yes 100% all stock. between this and the post regarding the fire inside a members 2015. my confidence in this new model is fading fast.

showed it to my coworker (worked for Proline) and he said that it looks like rod or wrist pin failure from too much cylinder pressure, ie nitrous or centrifugal supercharger. Are you SURE this was a stock tune vehicle? Do you know the owner personally?

Dont mean to doubt you, but this is insanely fishy.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That doesn't loom like a detonation failure from a bad stock tune. That's a catastrophic failure. I think abnormal forces were at play. Probably nitrous.

Scott GT/CS

Established Member
showed it to my coworker (worked for Proline) and he said that it looks like rod or wrist pin failure from too much cylinder pressure, ie nitrous or centrifugal supercharger. Are you SURE this was a stock tune vehicle? Do you know the owner personally?

Dont mean to doubt you, but this is insanely fishy.

I DO NOT know the owner personally. He is a member of BOG (Blue Oval Gang) on Facebook. one can simply go to their group and type in 'Piston" for a search word and pull up the same pic & the entire story.. the guy who made the post (Timothy Manley) claimed the CEL started blinking and that caused what he said was excessive detonation thus causing the piston to go south, north at same time LOL. my wife alerted me to that post this AM. I hope it is something else as this doesn't look good for FORD esp with the Fire issue as well.

Scott

ArabianOak

Established Member
dam...I would assume there is ALOT more to this story than what we are seeing, especially considering the "stock" tune on these cars is about as soft as a pillow pet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OP we aren't blasting you...

I also have a hard time believing that was caused by the stock tune.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Mechanical parts fail, stock or not. You never know the story or even if it's true or not.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
For a piston to be bouncing around like that, something failed and forced induction will deff and can cause this.

Scott GT/CS

Established Member
OP we aren't blasting you...

I also have a hard time believing that was caused by the stock tune.

I know ya'll aren't blasting ME. I too find it very odd to see damage like that, esp on a stock tune. I am just simply making aware of a "possible" problem considering he said 3 other Mustangs of the same options did the same thing..

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know ya'll aren't blasting ME. I too find it very odd to see damage like that, esp on a stock tune. I am just simply making aware of a "possible" problem considering he said 3 other Mustangs of the same options did the same thing..

How did he hear about the 3 other Mustangs? I imagine they didn't happen in the same area. Has any one else seen or heard of it?

Users who are viewing this thread