Did you pay over or under? If so how much?

Did you pay over sticker ? Poll is anonymous

• Under msrp

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Msrp

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • 1k over

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 1001-5k over

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • 5k over

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris,

I would hope so for those that want one. I guess there is no point to buying one that is already at the dealership at this time anyway. You couldn't drive it with the performance tires on it without taking your life in your hands.

Pete

Correct. Mine is being trailered to my garage once it arrives

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
93k is still crazy. I saw an auction on Ebay today for a GT350 with 5 miles on it for $62,000 OBO. He said that he ordered two, the other is on its way, and did not want to keep both. Interesting...

Pete

krt22

Established Member
93k is still crazy. I saw an auction on Ebay today for a GT350 with 5 miles on it for $62,000 OBO. He said that he ordered two, the other is on its way, and did not want to keep both. Interesting...

Pete
Most likely placed 2 orders hoping one would arrive sooner, both ended up coming at the same time so now hes trying to flip one

Shelbyman

Established Member
You know it's interesting to see what people have paid for their cars. I know with some people its an ego thing to tell others they paid less than they really did. Not sure why they do this really as its not helpful to anyone. So I don't know if I'm to believe all the info bantered around on this site or any other for that matter. For me personally I see no reason to tell anyone any figure other than what i actually paid...and that was $8k over MSRP. Knowing what I know and with the many phone calls I have made all around the country not one dealer told me they would sell me a car for less than $10k over msrp. Thats just what I found out.

Out here on the west coast its much worse. I bought my 2015 GT from Galpin Ford, believed to be the largest dealer in the US, and even though I was a past buyer they quoted me, once they got their allocations, a price of $25K over on the street models and $45 over on the R's. Their allocations had to be the most in the country...22 street models and 6 R's. I have no way to determine what they actually have been selling them for.

I do have one friend that I trust completely that bought one way back in the middle of Oct for msrp. That is the only person I know that has done that for real and hes not from the greater LA area but was known to his local dealer. I know people have in's with dealers and that can get them a good price and that's great but the avg Joe has a much tougher time of it.

I really like my car. I think Ford hit a home run with it and that over time these will hold up well value wise...depending on total production. Speaking of total production I have head very little about it. No one I know has heard anything about it. If anyone has any reliable info on it I would love to hear about it.

smkn350

Established Member
You know it's interesting to see what people have paid for their cars. I know with some people its an ego thing to tell others they paid less than they really did.... Knowing what I know and with the many phone calls I have made all around the country not one dealer told me they would sell me a car for less than $10k over msrp. Thats just what I found out.

No ego here. After reading this post I had to check exactly what I paid for mine. Including the amazing car cover, that fits better than a glove, I paid 55,143.xx. When the car was delivered sticker price was 58,040 for a track pack, stripes and black roof. With a little luck it can happen!

Thanks MAS for the amazing price you gave me and 30 others that proudly serve our country.

Last edited:

CO Mack

Established Member
People tell about as much truth about their car deals as their gas mileage.

Decide if you want to believe me-

$5000 ADM

Which, apparently makes me stupid, an idiot, bad negotiator, ruining the future of mankind for everyone else or whatever stuff I read in every. damn. thread. on these cars. My goodness, it is so obnoxious. Editor Turner is out there making great content and I barely want to come here and read even for free due to all the BS in between.

Except, I asked the dealer what they could move on, and traded my 2015 F250 for the same price I paid for it 18mos ago, or, about $5000 over market.

If you want the car, don't want to pay ADM but the sales manager has to show the GM something because other dealers keep offering to buy it, then work the other parts of the deal. Or, come complain on forums about people that know how to negotiate a deal and are getting their cars early, make so much money this little passion purchase is OK etc etc

Last edited:

CO Mack

Established Member
LOL. Great first post.

Heh, I'm sure it'll make me a popular man. I used to moderate/part own a forum, I know how this goes.

The SVT Performance team is clearly investing in the site, I think it's awesome they have Steve Turner in here writing. IMO, the mods should consider how to improve the signal to noise or sorta new guys/lurkers like me aren't going to hang around.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heh, I'm sure it'll make me a popular man. I used to moderate/part own a forum, I know how this goes.

The SVT Performance team is clearly investing in the site, I think it's awesome they have Steve Turner in here writing. IMO, the mods should consider how to improve the signal to noise or sorta new guys/lurkers like me aren't going to hang around.

It's hard to do that when we have mods like Barry, Brad and Doug..psh..

lol Just kidding.

What forum did you moderate? I've enjoyed this forum more than any other I've been on.

Users who are viewing this thread