Did you pay over or under? If so how much?

Did you pay over sticker ? Poll is anonymous

• Under msrp

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Msrp

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • 1k over

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 1001-5k over

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • 5k over

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters

KGTG350

My neighbor told me he paid 93k otd for his

Makes me feel better about the 5k adm I paid lol. I guess it's all relative to perspective and opinion.

In the end if you have it you enjoy the hell out of the car!

Purchased in Southern California December 30th 2015 after a week of hunting. No complaints or regrets whatsoever. I give props to all you who scored one at msrp.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
5k over...hated it sooo much but my patience is thin, looked for 3 weeks and just kept running into at least 10K over

NC03SVT

Established Member
Both dealers closest to me in NC that have gotten a GT350 have marked them up considerably. One for 10K and another for 15K above MSRP.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
People tell about as much truth about their car deals as their gas mileage.

Decide if you want to believe me-

$5000 ADM

Which, apparently makes me stupid, an idiot, bad negotiator, ruining the future of mankind for everyone else or whatever stuff I read in every. damn. thread. on these cars. My goodness, it is so obnoxious. Editor Turner is out there making great content and I barely want to come here and read even for free due to all the BS in between.

Except, I asked the dealer what they could move on, and traded my 2015 F250 for the same price I paid for it 18mos ago, or, about $5000 over market.

If you want the car, don't want to pay ADM but the sales manager has to show the GM something because other dealers keep offering to buy it, then work the other parts of the deal. Or, come complain on forums about people that know how to negotiate a deal and are getting their cars early, make so much money this little passion purchase is OK etc etc

Heh, I'm sure it'll make me a popular man. I used to moderate/part own a forum, I know how this goes.

The SVT Performance team is clearly investing in the site, I think it's awesome they have Steve Turner in here writing. IMO, the mods should consider how to improve the signal to noise or sorta new guys/lurkers like me aren't going to hang around.

:thumbsup:

RazorSVT

Established Member
5 or 10k to many people is nothing.

If im buying a car for a family member and they said these are the 3 cars I'd like, BMW M4 a GT350 or a Cadillac Escalade paying 20k over sticker for the GT350 is a bargain still.

Never understood why anyone cares what others pay.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I would guess that this is a bit more of a specialty vehicle. That's one really good reason to gather data on sales prices. Information is good. Good information is better!

BlownAway03

Established Member

If im buying a car for a family member and they said these are the 3 cars I'd like, BMW M4 a GT350 or a Cadillac Escalade paying 20k over sticker for the GT350 is a bargain still.

Why is it some people think because an inquiry is made that someone cares or is worried about what people are doing with their money. How about maybe someone is in the market and just wants to know what they should be paying realistically. No matter what anyone says, this car is definitely not worth anything over the sticker price on paper. Many of you claim it gives a euphoric and thrilling driving experience and Yada Yada yada, but this is already a $60k Mustang.

RazorSVT

Established Member
I think common sense says if you pay msrp for a car that is selling above sticker you are doing ok. If I made 40k a year I would never buy a 60k car, mustang or not. If I made 250k a year I'd probably be ok paying a 20k adm to get the car now and for summer. All relative.

liter of cola

Established Member

we care cuz this car at msrp is on the edge of some people's budgets. so all these loaded dudes paying 75k for this car ruins it for its intended market.

CO Mack

Established Member
we care cuz this car at msrp is on the edge of some people's budgets. so all these loaded dudes paying 75k for this car ruins it for its intended market.

MSRP is just a suggestion. The real price is whatever sellers and buyers agree to mutually. Many cars go for less than MSRP, some go for more. Ford has built one of the few that are more than the sum of their parts and demand is very high driving average selling price above MSRP.

If you are not able to buy the things you want, this is America, change how you're spending the money you have or go make more money. Don't whine about those that have prioritzed getting the money to buy the car.

Last edited:

RazorSVT

Established Member

The intended market is the rich dudes. People forget companies are in business to make money. If Ford has successful dealers they succeed.

BlownAway03

Established Member
MSRP is just a suggestion. The real price is whatever sellers and buyers agree to mutually. Many cars go for less than MSRP, some go for more. Ford has built one of the few that are more than the sum of their parts and demand is very high driving average selling price above MSRP.

If you are not able to buy the things you want, this is America, change how you're spending the money you have or go make more money. Don't whine about those that have prioritzed getting the money to buy the car.

Is demand really that high though? I see many of these cars sitting and sitting for months with adm. I've been buying sports cars for a while, and Ford dealers seem to be overly ridiculous with their markups. Not so much what they charge but their unwillingness to deal even when they see the car isn't bringing what they ask. For instance, remember all the dealers sitting on 2013 GT500's for months or even years after 14's hit. Having the money isn't the problem all the time. I was in the market for a 350 but couldn't find any dealers that had more sense than a door knob. Therefore I purchased a Hellcat, which stickers for more, but I got at a fair price. It wasn't about the money. I just can't see paying over msrp for anything. It's a principle thing to me. More exclusive cars, I can see, but you guys are jizzing yourself for a Mustang that just so happens to rev over 8k and has to borrow its handling foundation from General Motors. Oh yeah, it has a flat plane crank. I guess that's worth it for some of you to lose your ass?

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Is demand really that high though? I see many of these cars sitting and sitting for months with adm. I've been buying sports cars for a while, and Ford dealers seem to be overly ridiculous with their markups. Not so much what they charge but their unwillingness to deal even when they see the car isn't bringing what they ask. For instance, remember all the dealers sitting on 2013 GT500's for months or even years after 14's hit. Having the money isn't the problem all the time. I was in the market for a 350 but couldn't find any dealers that had more sense than a door knob. Therefore I purchased a Hellcat, which stickers for more, but I got at a fair price. It wasn't about the money. I just can't see paying over msrp for anything. It's a principle thing to me. More exclusive cars, I can see, but you guys are jizzing yourself for a Mustang that just so happens to rev over 8k and has to borrow its handling foundation from General Motors. Oh yeah, it has a flat plane crank. I guess that's worth it for some of you to lose your ass?

To each his own, Ford did a hell of a job on these new gt350s to warrant all the hype...Is it worth 20k over? no not really..is it worth 5k over? Currently i would say so..personally this cars fun factors and styling is way better than a hell kitty will ever be...I would rather have a "mustang" and pay whatever they are asking over a fat cat..And I own a 700+hp gt500 and this gt350 has got it imo overall...yea may not have the big power but not what it was designed for...GT350 is a big win all around and many will agree..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread