Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I made a huge mistake of carrying over negative equity on a trade. Originally she had a Dart, but it was stuck in limp mode for 2 weeks and the dealer couldn't fix it. So, we traded it in for a new Charger RT Max. The Dart was less than a year old and I was down about $5k. ...

If it was less than a year old, I'm guessing they gave you a loaner car while it was in the shop. Why didn't you just keep the loaner until they could get the car fixed properly? Why in the world would you trade a car that you're already upside down in it on a more expensive car?? Looks like bad decision making did you in.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
had a buddy accidentally buy a hellcat yesterday and in convo with dealership the demon came up...guy said they were gonna try to sell theirs for sticker(115K) and make news, as other dealerships would be closer to the 140K mark...how much truth to that i have no idea, but thought it was interesting

C0bra99

Established Member
Not sure when performance testing (0 to 60) started to get tested on a prepped race track. Road and track should change thier name to just track from now on. Guess we will have to ignore all the current 0 to 60 of all others since it didn't get done with using this new testing criteria.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
had a buddy accidentally buy a hellcat yesterday and in convo with dealership the demon came up...guy said they were gonna try to sell theirs for sticker(115K) and make news, as other dealerships would be closer to the 140K mark...how much truth to that i have no idea, but thought it was interesting
How do you accidentally buy a car?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
How do you accidentally buy a car?
he just stopped to look on a sunday...didn't expect anyone to be there, and then proceeded to get talked into it lol. he's looked at em for awhile, just swore he didn't NEED one

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
he just stopped to look on a sunday...didn't expect anyone to be there, and then proceeded to get talked into it lol. he's looked at em for awhile, just swore he didn't NEED one
That's not an accident though. Also curious how this salesman knew the pricepoint on the car when it hasn't been announced.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He doesn't. Just speculation on selling a new car. Before the 350 came out I had a sales manager say they were only getting two a year and because of this he was not going to be able to buy one for himself. They got way more than 2.

blk02edge

Established Member
Dodge themselves said well under 100k so the dealer is probably BSing

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
While watching the NHRA spring nationals on Fox yesterday there must have been at least 3 Demon commercials. Wheels up running the 1/4. Got to love their marketing/advertising dept, they know how to promote a performance car. The Demon no doubt will sell out, but those commercials will get people in the showroom and into lesser challengers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read early on $85K, then I could never find that info again like it wasn't supposed to be released.

That's what was posted all over SVTP and the VOA page. I'm not sure Dodge ever published a price.

I think the only numbers they talked were the $1 add per option.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's what was posted all over SVTP and the VOA page. I'm not sure Dodge ever published a price.

I think the only numbers they talked were the $1 add per option.

came from one of the Dodge Insiders over on the hellcat board, same number I got from my local dodge / srt salesman, most are going to be charging $25k adms.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
My guess has always been around 85K. Tim K. did say well under a 100K. I remember when the Hellcats first came out, everyone thought they would be around 80K, nope, they were around 65K.

Users who are viewing this thread