Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

earl lee

Established Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/09/...mon-performance-numbers/?hcid=hp-tile-small-1

You can take those numbers with a grain of salt, even if those were the numbers dodge were to go with it which I doubt but this thing would be faster then that. Some suggest they might have let off. I bet this fat boy will be low 10's.

Regardless it is going to be faster then anything from Ford or Chevy for the time being. Its going to be crazy to think a few bolt ons might be able to push this thing into the 9's.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/09/...mon-performance-numbers/?hcid=hp-tile-small-1

You can take those numbers with a grain of salt, even if those were the numbers dodge were to go with it which I doubt but this thing would be faster then that. Some suggest they might have let off. I bet this fat boy will be low 10's.

Regardless it is going to be faster then anything from Ford or Chevy for the time being. Its going to be crazy to think a few bolt ons might be able to push this thing into the 9's.

From the sound of it, it may just take a tune, or a pulley swap and tune.

paluka21

Established Member
There is no way that car will be trapping 125mph in the 1/8th mile. If that were the case the car would be well over 150mph in the 1/4 mile and in the low 9's or better.

Recon

Established Member
Didn't they say it did 9.56 in the quarter in stock form?

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Idk, it looks like they went fast through the 1/8th and then just "coasted" through the back half. They aren't revealing how fast it really is in the 1/4 yet. Just a teaser.

openaccount

Established Member
If this thing doesn't run 9s I'd be surprised. Now it may take the driver seat only/race gas setting etc... To get there, but I don't see the point of making this vehicle with such a grand marketing scheme if it's not going to break the internet in the process.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
In my dads drag mustang, I did a 6.3 second 1/8 mile at 109 mph and finished the 1/4 at a 9.9 @ 134. Had a couple tenths left in it too as is. The gearing is too short and I topped out at 134 long before the 1/4.

Big block 557 CI, N/A motor. I know its a totally different beast.

The Demon should hit 9's from the factory.

Jefe

Established Member
Might be in the 9s?! Pulleys, tune, injectors, and slicks on a Hellcat and you're deep in the 9s now. This thing better be able to crack into the 8s as the Hellcats are very close with all of its seats

Nitrous 9.29:

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I paused the teaser video on the HP graph, it looks like it goes just past 700hp and the clock says 757.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Dont think for a second Dodge is giving away the whole story this early on. They're saving the best for last.

That 10.5/7xx hp is likely the black key, regular gas, or both. This thing is going to run a bit more than 3/10 quicker than the hellcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dont think for a second Dodge it giving away the whole story this early on. They're saving the best for last.

That 10.5/7xx hp is likely the black key, regular gas, or both. This thing is going to run a bit more than 3/10 quicker than the hellcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's probably a good point. This car is literally only good for one thing, it better be much faster than that.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
8's? You realize the HC challenger weighs 4,449 lbs right? Even if the Demon comes in at 3900 pounds it would have to put out approximately 1061 hp to run 8.99 in the quarter...You're talking about 8's like they're 13's. And without a cage where are you going to run the car? I have no doubt the car is going to be the straight line pony car king but 8's are retard fast.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_horsepower_elapsed_time/horsepower_elapsed_time.php

Might be in the 9s?! Pulleys, tune, injectors, and slicks on a Hellcat and you're deep in the 9s now. This thing better be able to crack into the 8s as the Hellcats are very close with all of its seats

Users who are viewing this thread