Does money grow on branches?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
and until you are involved with a company that's legit using MLM, you will never change your point of view. I've seen this debate from both sides, and can agree with both parties.

Not all MLM's are legit, some are very much fraud. That's where the bad name "pyramid scheme" was born. However, there are a few winners out there. You just have to know which ones.

Me too but when some noob comes along like op they're going to get the scam teatment from me.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So these business are making tons of money by suckering in the people who maybe believe in how the system works?

It's not easy money by any means but it is money. I've done well, again not threatened by what you think you know. Looking for the guys that have experience in these types of businesses.

Two guys apply for the same position within the same company, both fresh out of college. One has a BA and the other has a MBA. Logic tells me the MBA guy would get a second look before the BA guy, depending on the position. Obviously if it's an entry level position the BA guy would probably get the position if the MBA guy wanted more pay for his knowledge. It is situation based but I do believe a MBA opens doors without experience. Every experience begins new.

hahahaha **** no. The one with the experience gets the nod.

I hope you don't make any major company decisions.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
So these business are making tons of money by suckering in the people who maybe believe in how the system works?

It's not easy money by any means but it is money. I've done well, again not threatened by what you think you know. Looking for the guys that have experience in these types of businesses.

Two guys apply for the same position within the same company, both fresh out of college. One has a BA and the other has a MBA. Logic tells me the MBA guy would get a second look before the BA guy, depending on the position. Obviously if it's an entry level position the BA guy would probably get the position if the MBA guy wanted more pay for his knowledge. It is situation based but I do believe a MBA opens doors without experience. Every experience begins new.

what school is your MBA from??

what is your college degree and where did you get it from??

yeah, that's what i thought (online degree likely).

MBA means next to nothing when they can be had for 6 months of online nightly classes, etc.

the guy who earned a BA from a good 4 year school and has good 'real world' experience will get the spot over the guy who got a community college degree, and online MBA (all other things being equal).

so tell me again, why you're spamming this site with stupid online pyramid garbage if you're so accomplished with your MBA?

Last edited:

coop33

Established Member
Runicon04, I do believe it's a who you know world. I should have said ceteris paribus in my example. If you are a CEO of a large company and you have many people working for you, you have a better chance of making more money if the employees are cost effective. This is what MLMs feed off of but the cost is time and for some, an investment upfront. I've looked into several and have been able to see who is doing what and for the most part have been able to decipher bad from really bad.

UnleashedBeast, thanks for the input from experience! I have seen both sides to this coin. Your point of it works if you do is my example of positioning. I've had friends try to talk me into some bad setups because they know only what their uplines tell them..

03snkbt they do all start out the same! "You're in the right place at the right time" lol. That phrase has been beat like an 89 Civic. It really is about timing and what you want in return.

Sinister, in the op I mentioned something to the sort of all input is welcomed both good and bad. I'm mainly wanting to hear from the guys that have tried these businesses and not the hearsay comments.

jrd699, you nailed it. Unless you are a sole proprietor, your company has CEOs, VPs, managers, employees. Each position making money for the guy up the ladder. That's the American way.

Njc0las I am not a noob. I joined December 2010 but have used this site for years prior. My post count is low because I don't normally have a lot to say.

Virtual SVT, my comment says both guys fresh out of college, meaning neither have experience. I hope you don't read books to your kids if you have them.

kirks5oh why are you arguing and agreeing with yourself on your own post? Your assumption is silly. My degree was only brought up because someone questioned my competence. If you don't know why I am "spamming" this site with my garbage, please read the original post and other's comments.

TwinTurbo4vGT you busted me!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Runicon04, I do believe it's a who you know world. I should have said ceteris paribus in my example. If you are a CEO of a large company and you have many people working for you, you have a better chance of making more money if the employees are cost effective. This is what MLMs feed off of but the cost is time and for some, an investment upfront. I've looked into several and have been able to see who is doing what and for the most part have been able to decipher bad from really bad.

UnleashedBeast, thanks for the input from experience! I have seen both sides to this coin. Your point of it works if you do is my example of positioning. I've had friends try to talk me into some bad setups because they know only what their uplines tell them..

03snkbt they do all start out the same! "You're in the right place at the right time" lol. That phrase has been beat like an 89 Civic. It really is about timing and what you want in return.

Sinister, in the op I mentioned something to the sort of all input is welcomed both good and bad. I'm mainly wanting to hear from the guys that have tried these businesses and not the hearsay comments.

jrd699, you nailed it. Unless you are a sole proprietor, your company has CEOs, VPs, managers, employees. Each position making money for the guy up the ladder. That's the American way.

Njc0las I am not a noob. I joined December 2010 but have used this site for years prior. My post count is low because I don't normally have a lot to say.

Virtual SVT, my comment says both guys fresh out of college, meaning neither have experience. I hope you don't read books to your kids if you have them.

kirks5oh why are you arguing and agreeing with yourself on your own post? Your assumption is silly. My degree was only brought up because someone questioned my competence. If you don't know why I am "spamming" this site with my garbage, please read the original post and other's comments.

TwinTurbo4vGT you busted me!

:uh oh: wow you really are clueless.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

so, where did you get your college/MBA degree from?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Unless you are a sole proprietor, your company has CEOs, VPs, managers, employees. Each position making money for the guy up the ladder. That's the American way.

The difference is regular businesses don't rely on its own employees as the primary consumer of its goods to exist.

coop33

Established Member
Sinister, you're right.

kirks50h and psucobra96, it's irrelevant. The only reason it came up is because someone said I rode the short bus. Whether it came from McCombs or Lamar, it has nothing to do with my original post. You guys are way smarter than I am.
There, I said it.

DaleM: Touche

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Sinister, you're right.

kirks50h and psucobra96, it's irrelevant. The only reason it came up is because someone said I rode the short bus. Whether it came from McCombs or Lamar, it has nothing to do with my original post. You guys are way smarter than I am.
There, I said it.

heemburst

Last

Established Member
thepizz, understandable and a valid point. My degree isn't dormant, the MLM is just another source of income. It's using leverage to gain more work hours in a day without exhausting myself. There are people way smarter than myself involved with these types of businesses. At the time it was worth a look to me, then it was worth the risk and i'll add that i'm a risk adverse guy.

Are you the guy asking about Just Energy about 8 months ago? Go use your MBA, make some money and put some capital into a franchise, Subway, Snap on, something like that. Or find a hard working friend and open a Taco Truck with them. MLMs are scams.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Asking about mlm. Claims to have MBA but won't acknowledge alma mater. Claims to have successful company....but looking into mlm. Busted for not following rules by posting link to mlm in sig.

OP, successful business owners are doing one of two things: planning the next move that will take their business to the next level or wrapping it in a bow to sell off and cash out while its hot. Their not the guys slinging soap and vitamins to their downlines.

Ban this ****ing troll.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Asking about mlm. Claims to have MBA but won't acknowledge alma mater. Claims to have successful company....but looking into mlm. Busted for not following rules by posting link to mlm in sig.

OP, successful business owners are doing one of two things: planning the next move that will take their business to the next level or wrapping it in a bow to sell off and cash out while its hot. Their not the guys slinging soap and vitamins to their downlines.

Ban this ****ing troll.

+1

i'm calling b.s. on the MBA--not that i even care

add to that he doesn't even know the term "does money grow on TREES?"

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Sinister, you're right.

There, I said it.

How condescending of you.

Users who are viewing this thread