Drunk Driver

RangerDLA

Established Member
Soooooo, on my way home from Wal-Mart, a drunk turned into me causing me to slam on the brakes, swerve and hit the curb with my right front wheel damaging it and the tire. I followed the car and she's a resident here at my apt complex . I called the PD and they showed up and actually took my statement and arrested her for DWI. I was pissed as you can imagine, but at least they did what was right. She was hammered. Couldn't stand up and could barely talk. Now I've got to get her insurance to buy me a new wheel and tire. I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS!

Anyone have two front Goodyears that are in a good shape and are willing to part with? I want two so they're even and I'm only asking in case her insurance tries to screw me and I have to come out of my pocket. The wheel isn't bent and suspension was fine, but I'm taking her to get alignment and such checked tomorrow.

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm glad those Willwoods stop the way they do.

Question: how much are track pack replacement wheels for the front? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm glad those Willwoods stop the way they do.

Question: how much are track pack replacement wheels for the front? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Not going to be cheap, see if you can find a dealership that does wheel refinishing.

EDIT: Just looked em up, looks like they retail at $2100 apiece.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that sucks man, I would have been so pissed, good Thing you called the police and got a report, I'm sure her insurance will cover everything

Snoopy49

Established Member
Don't waist your time trying to get it repaired, the paint is not available. If her insurance won't pay, try to get a used one off of eBay.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Texting and driving is usually worse I get mad as hell seeing a driver on the road with their heads buried in their lap swerving all over the place! I could have been worse glad no one was hurt and the damage light.

I guess you won't be on speaking terms with your neighbor

RangerDLA

Established Member
Texting and driving is usually worse I get mad as hell seeing a driver on the road with their heads buried in their lap swerving all over the place! I could have been worse glad no one was hurt and the damage light.

She was so drunk, she probably won't remember me. My car is a weekend car and is always garages, so I won't have to worry about her finding it. Plus, she lives in the back and I live up front.

SVT_28

Established Member

+1

RangerDLA

Established Member
Good news is I got her aligned, balanced and the suspension checked and she's good to go. Toe was out of spec, but that was it. A blast down the highway confirmed it. Tragedy avoided. Still going to get a new wheel and tire out of it though.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good news is I got her aligned, balanced and the suspension checked and she's good to go. Toe was out of spec, but that was it. A blast down the highway confirmed it. Tragedy avoided. Still going to get a new wheel and tire out of it though.

It would be nice if they give you a check for a replacement wheel from Ford, you can buy a new take off full set of wheels/tires for $2000 usually.
As Snoop mention don't waste your time trying to match the damaged wheel with the others, the paint is proprietary and refinishing will never match exactly.
If small cosmetics, you might get them to blend it in close, got a pic of the damage?
Unless you love the factory rubber, might be a good opportunity to improve the car with better rubber.
Good luck glad it wasn't worse.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread