Dyno Results- Boss Intake Manifold to Cobra Jet Intake Manifold

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Very nice congrats! Do you have any plans on using stage2 or 3 cams? and Shaun with the came with that power drop off stop on a GT and pull like a Boss to 7700rpms?

I would love to do dome stage 3's in the future. My goal right now is still to break into the 10's n/a stock long block. Then ill decide what route to take after.

Thanks for posting up the results.

No problem.

bigriff85

Established Member
I'm going to try to do this cobra jet manifold on my i1 procharger I hope it'll work! Anyone yet to do one in a procharger set up?

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm going to try to do this cobra jet manifold on my i1 procharger I hope it'll work! Anyone yet to do one in a procharger set up?

That would be an unbelievable setup, tune us in for that one! it appears like procharger is the only s/c on the market that looks like it would work with the cj. but i dont think there's been any word of someone trying it.

the rest of my parts arrive on my birthday, it'll be a nice little delivery on thursday :banana:

again congrats blazer, got me psyched for this!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member

Ive tossed around the idea but I already have the boss manifold. The cj setup is expensive and would require a custom air intake. So after all is said and done it would be close to 2k with tuning or I could pulley the car for $80 and make more power with only 1 more psi.

bigriff85

Established Member
I wouldn't need a custom air intake with a procharger ....??? All I would need to fabricate is a silicone fitting to run from duct pipe to the throttle body

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
That would be an unbelievable setup, tune us in for that one! it appears like procharger is the only s/c on the market that looks like it would work with the cj. but i dont think there's been any word of someone trying it.

the rest of my parts arrive on my birthday, it'll be a nice little delivery on thursday :banana:

again congrats blazer, got me psyched for this!

What is your setup going to consist of? Also who will be doing the tuning?

-Thomas

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't need a custom air intake with a procharger ....??? All I would need to fabricate is a silicone fitting to run from duct pipe to the throttle body
an oval throttle body to a round 3.5" pipe without hitting the fan while turning down 45 degrees is what I would call custom.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What is your setup going to consist of? Also who will be doing the tuning?

-Thomas

I'll be using a cleaned up manifold, 01bluesnake's intake and dual 65mm tb. Power but the hour with be doing the install and will be on their dyno tuned by Ken from Lund..

And yeah the price for their CAI is outrageous, hence why I went with Drew's. PBTH just did a cobra jet and American racing longtubes and it put down 453 93oct SAE.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'll be using a cleaned up manifold, 01bluesnake's intake and dual 65mm tb. Power but the hour with be doing the install and will be on their dyno tuned by Ken from Lund..

And yeah the price for their CAI is outrageous, hence why I went with Drew's. PBTH just did a cobra jet and American racing longtubes and it put down 453 93oct SAE.

Nice im excited to see your results. Will you be on e85 or 93?

Yea I saw there results on the GT, made me feel good that pretty much the same mods as mine and on 91oct made the same power. Looks like its right on par for where it should be. Looking forward to see what yours puts down also since you also have pypes.

Might be the decision maker in me getting 01bluesnakes CAI.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice im excited to see your results. Will you be on e85 or 93?

Yea I saw there results on the GT, made me feel good that pretty much the same mods as mine and on 91oct made the same power. Looks like its right on par for where it should be. Looking forward to see what yours puts down also since you also have pypes.

Might be the decision maker in me getting 01bluesnakes CAI.

I'll be trying e85 for the first time in the car and I'll probably drive it with that till I get bored having to go across town to fill up, but I'll have a 93 tune on hand also.

Did u see a dyno graph on pbth's gt? bc I just got the whp # no tq. Yeah comparing my results vs his and yours would be a good precursor, bc their dyno is particularly not a generous one. I put down 426/370 SAE back in April after the engine rebuild, so you guys are pitting down 25+ whp more than what I'm putting down now with my current mod list.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'll be trying e85 for the first time in the car and I'll probably drive it with that till I get bored having to go across town to fill up, but I'll have a 93 tune on hand also.

Did u see a dyno graph on pbth's gt? bc I just got the whp # no tq. Yeah comparing my results vs his and yours would be a good precursor, bc their dyno is particularly not a generous one. I put down 426/370 SAE back in April after the engine rebuild, so you guys are pitting down 25+ whp more than what I'm putting down now with my current mod list.

The only graph Ive seen is on the PBH site with the GT before the ARH long tubes, with 393rwtq.

Our car's should be very similar in numbers so we will see!

-Thomas

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
No wont fit. No cutout for the strut tower brace.

Im not worried about it being more expensive. I can sell either the boss setup or the CJ setup and make my money back.

It would fit, but you would need to use the engine mounts from Steeda.

Regards,

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread