ebay alternator- 160 AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
My battery light just started coming on when I accelerate so looks like time for an alt. Glad I saw this, I'm gonna go ahead and order one too

Monster Mach

Established Member
Just a heads up... only because I'm really into alts... and I know the seller through people.. all of the alts are remans.. you won't be expecting life like a new alt I give it 1-2 years tops. Especially with the way cobras spin the alts....

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Just a heads up... only because I'm really into alts... and I know the seller through people.. all of the alts are remans.. you won't be expecting life like a new alt I give it 1-2 years tops. Especially with the way cobras spin the alts....

Still better than what I have had in the past.........

SVTDice

Established Member
Whats so bad about Remans? It sounds to me like they are like refurbished. Honestly though like I've bought plenty of refurbished things in the past. Including my TV's and they work just fantastic. So i'm not seeing the big deal here?

Monster Mach

Established Member
Whats so bad about Remans? It sounds to me like they are like refurbished. Honestly though like I've bought plenty of refurbished things in the past. Including my TV's and they work just fantastic. So i'm not seeing the big deal here?

Remans use old parts still the brushes ect the parts that cost 2 cents but they overlook and cause major failure.. your t.v doesn't spin at 10000 rpm at idle.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Sorry guys, I haven't had a change to datalog with the new alternator. I've been trying to track down a misfire this afternoon. Also did a compression test and I think I have a bad COP even though they checked out fine on a multimeter (think that's what it's called". But I have had all the accesories on and it seems like its doing well. Will datalog as soon as I find the bad COP.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member

I thought pretty much all aftermarket alternators are remans.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I blew 2 stock alts at the beginning of this year with weeks of eachother. I put one of these 160s in and it was in the rest of the year....they get my vote

gabe1530

Banned
I blew 2 stock alts at the beginning of this year with weeks of eachother. I put one of these 160s in and it was in the rest of the year....they get my vote

now thats what i like to hear! :beer:
cant wait to get this installed with new cop's and a new iac valve.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

Looks like I will be getting one of these. I needed someone who actually revs their car past 3500 to reply :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
My datalogs never go below 13.5 volts. This alternator seems to work fine. I think it's a safe call to go ahead and order one if you're thinking about it.

Thanks for the input and keeping us updated!
I am curious if I should try their 200amp alternator...?
Prob gonna stick with the 160 amp you chose:shrug:

This thread has me seriously confused as to whether to go with a Start N Charge or this 160 when I need a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread