ebay alternator- 160 AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
I'm buying this alternator as well, they are local and hell why not lol...are these sypmthoms of a bad alternator: when I pull the car out of gear while coming to a stop or even coasting...the car dies or drops rpms lower than idle and then kicks the back up...let me know if anyone has heard or experienced this

this does NOT sound like a bad alt. i am on my 3rd or 4th alt, since owning the car...and this was NEVER one of the symptoms.

symptoms are usually - battery light coming on occasionally, or in the higher rpms....radio will cut off, and ABS light will come on the dash (this is the ONLY time i have seen my ABS light come on)...also i'd like to note, when the radio DOES cut off, and the ABS light comes on, you dont have much further to go at all, before the car cuts off, and is dead.

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
I bought one off ebay a while ago for my swap. It was a rebuilt one, and was tested, it had the paperwork and all that jazz. It was installed and ran good for a month or so, after that it started to drain my battery when the car was off. Cost me a new alternator and a battery. I went with a new motorcraft one and haven't had a single problem.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I bought one off ebay a while ago for my swap. It was a rebuilt one, and was tested, it had the paperwork and all that jazz. It was installed and ran good for a month or so, after that it started to drain my battery when the car was off. Cost me a new alternator and a battery. I went with a new motorcraft one and haven't had a single problem.

fyi there are no "new" ones from Motorcraft anymore....thats a rebuilt unit also.

-Jake

Monster Mach

Established Member
Like I said people contact mechman.. his alts are NEW all hand wound with new brushes and new cases...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Like I said people contact mechman.. his alts are NEW all hand wound with new brushes and new cases...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Just tried to PM him and it said that he isn't accepting PM's. Can you get some info on his product for us? Pricing, amperage, parts used, stuff like that. Thanks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

M4_ELITE

Established Member
Just ordered one as my current one seems to be on its way out. This will be my 3rd alt in 2 years... I had a remand ford that lasted about 3 months, I replaced that with another remand ford alt and it lasted around year and a half/ 6000 miles. Hopefully this 160 AMP lasts a bit longer, these are a bitch to change!

gabe1530

Banned
i installed this 5+ months ago and its still running strong. i run a triple pump fuel system, bunch of gauges and extra jazz. it hasnt skipped a beat and with my areoforces im still seeing 13.5-14 under load.
i would buy another in a heartbeat.

SVTDice

Established Member

TRBO VNM

Just a FYI, it definitely does not seem like the norm by any means, but a buddy that installed his ended up having to shim in a little. He was having belt squeal and he tried different belts, idlers, etc and still had the squeal. Put a straight edge on his setup and the alt was off just a bit. I think he just used washers to space it and so far for 4 months it hasn't made a peep.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
i just bought one, lets see how long is lasts. it was only $142 does that seem right? is that what all you guys payed?

Last edited:

xsboosted

Established Member
Just ordered mine. Will it affect my tune at all going to the 160 amp? Also has anyone had one of these units fail yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread