Experiencing major sellers remorse

SVTwhore

Established Member
Yesterday I regretfully sold my 10th anniversary Termi with exceptionally low mileage and clean as ****. I was reluctant during the whole ordeal, honestly never thought I would sell the car. With a few life changes on the horizon it was the best thing to do. With another kid on the way I need to buy a bigger house. Also I am just starting up my remodeling/construction business so I really needed the extra capital for everything.

I was dealing with who I thought was the buyer over the course of 3 weeks or so. He was a gentleman in his 50's and seemed like he would take great care of the car based on our conversations. He and his son were finally able to make the trek in yesterday to finalize the deal, they drove 6 hours one way. After a pretty lengthy interrogation as to how I maintained and treated the car we went for a drive. He was immediately sold on the car after the drive, said it was by far the best performing car he had ever had the pleasure of riding in. Which made selling it sting just that much more, I'm very proud of my car.

Unbeknownst to me the car was being purchased for his 20 year old son that was mute during the 2 hour inspection and drive. The father didn't mention this until after all paperwork and money had been exchanged. When I came out of the house with my file of maintenance records and receipts I overheard him making his kid promise he wouldn't blow the engine in this one like he did in the the car mine was replacing. Now, I know the car is his to do whatever with but this bothered me a great deal. I mean, the car (Natasha), yes, I named the old girl, means a lot to me. Tons of sentimental value, I wanted to know that she was going to a good home where she would continue to be taken care of.

The kid couldn't just be in the moment and enjoy his new ride that daddy paid for. He was so busy texting while backing out of my driveway he cut the wheel too soon. Ended up bouncing up and off the curb which when the car came down slammed the front bumper straight on the curb. Little bastard scrapped the paint as well as cracked the cover :cuss::fm::mj::bash::xpl:. To top things off he didn't even care enough to stop and assess if he had done any damage. I mean, that may have been because I exploded with, "Are you ****ing kidding me!!!?" with a trail of additional expletives muttered in anger.

As I followed them off my road heading back to work I get to watch my sexy ride swerve away down the road because dip shit was still texting. The sad truth is, after hearing about the kid's lack luster driving habits, I don't foresee my car maintaining it's pristine low mileage status. Please, someone come on over and give me a :kaboom:. Anyway, I needed to vent so sorry for the lengthy post. Figure if anyone would get it fellow enthusiasts and car guys would.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
that blows but its just a car. As long as you got what you wanted and didnt get nickled and dimed down screw it. Be patient and find another if you really want.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Well, you sold the car which sucks in itself especially after what seemed to be part of your life for quite sometime. Almost any one of us here in that situation would react and feel the that same remorse and disgust with the new owner. It is a shame you had to sell it, but you have good reason I just hope you got what you wanted for it.

I myself am 20, will be 21 in July and I find myself more 'anal" about my car than most but that is just my nature. I bought it in June of this year and have done nothing but clean it up and slowly mod it to my liking. Not all are the same and unfortunately not are brought up that way because they aren't making the payments. The script is flipped when daddy pays for everything!

Would be great if he made an account here. Then posts up a thread, "Bought a new cobra...but demoed the front fascia upon departure!" :bash:

STREETREBEL

Established Member
When I sold my 04 Cobra, I swore I would buy another one someday.
8 years later I finally got another one. It is SWEET!
I bet you will do the same someday.

These stories are always sad...

But the technology on these cars is a bit dated.

And its hard to put one of these cars into 'good hands' because they are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

Farewell little red Termi...

SVTwhore

Established Member
I get that it's just a car, but it's just a car that I worked my ass off to get and was very particular about. As well tons of great memories in that car, actually met my wife when I had it on display at a car show. Cars come and go, I'll get another one someday down the road for sure. Getting another with under 20k miles will be difficult.

Like I stated, I just needed to vent some frustrations. It wouldn't have been as bad if I didn't have to watch him smoke the bumper right away.

SVTwhore

Established Member
Well, you sold the car which sucks in itself especially after what seemed to be part of your life for quite sometime. Almost any one of us here in that situation would react and feel the that same remorse and disgust with the new owner. It is a shame you had to sell it, but you have good reason I just hope you got what you wanted for it.

I myself am 20, will be 21 in July and I find myself more 'anal" about my car than most but that is just my nature. I bought it in June of this year and have done nothing but clean it up and slowly mod it to my liking. Not all are the same and unfortunately not are brought up that way because they aren't making the payments. The script is flipped when daddy pays for everything!

Would be great if he made an account here. Then posts up a thread, "Bought a new cobra...but demoed the front fascia upon departure!" :bash:

I guess the kids age wasn't really relevant, hope I didn't offend you with that comment. I know 20 somethings that are more responsible than a couple guys in their 50's that I work with. Your comment is so true about when someone else buys it for you. They just don't respect it the same as if they had to put in the hours to earn it.

SVTwhore

Established Member
As far as price, I got my asking price so I am happy about that. I told the guy outright before he made the drive that the price was firm. He agreed that it was fair but still tried to low ball me $2500 when they got here. Stuck to my guns though and told him outright sorry you wasted the trip and have a nice day. Dude smirked and said "you don't know if you don't try" and handed over the full amount in cash.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Thankfully, it IS just a car and you are putting the money toward something worthwhile to further your future. You will always love and remember the car. Keep your head up and make that $$$. Next up, GT500 :thumbsup: :dancenana: If it makes you feel better, my car was SUPER abused from the PO and now look at what she has become! Your car will be okay ;) There are plenty of people willing to save a terminator.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Despite the fact selling your Cobra would be painful you did it for the right reasons. You can always get another.

..........Now to the new owner of the car. In a word "that cars days are numbered!". Nothing ever good comes when daddy buys his young son a hot rod. The fact he somehow managed to damage the car just leaving the driveway you should have put the father over your knee then scold him for showing such bad judgment plus the fact he knew you wouldn't be happy to learn he was going to hand the keys to your pride and joy to an adolescent.

Don't be surprised a new member joins SVTP asking about a nitrous kit, pullies, a stick axle and a F#&king Fast shift knob :nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry it's gone! I sort of feel your pain, and know exactly what you're talking about. This reminds me of when I sold my Callaway Camaro back in 2002. I had put a lot of money and time into it and it was both a show car and a performer on the street. An engineer from Florida wanted to buy it and I was sort of ready to sell. 2 weeks later he and his son flew up to pay for it and drive it home. Sadly though, dad had bought it for his (irresponsible) son and not for himself. By the time they arrived in Florida 2 days later the kid somehow found a way to bust two Koni shocks and mess up the engine. I won't even get into how he utterly destroyed the worth of the car by converting it into a run of the mill hotrod. LOL! But, it was his car to take care or destroy. After a week or so of mild heartache that my baby hadn't found the home I had hoped it found, it was out of sight, out of mind. Life goes on!

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I feel your pain. When I sold my A4, it was to a 17 year old kid that totaled his last two cars. It sucks knowing that all of that hard work, and all of those long weekends cleaning the car, and making things 100%perfect will no longer be appreciated

I am 20 myself, and I can tell you that it's kids like that that make my damn insurance premiums so high. His dad needs a slap in the face for buying him that car in the first place after blowing up the last car. I still carfax my last tow cars, A4 and S4, occasionally to see if they are still doing well

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Despite the fact selling your Cobra would be painful you did it for the right reasons. You can always get another.

..........Now to the new owner of the car. In a word "that cars days are numbered!". Nothing ever good comes when daddy buys his young son a hot rod. The fact he somehow managed to damage the car just leaving the driveway you should have put the father over your knee then scold him for showing such bad judgment plus the fact he knew you wouldn't be happy to learn he was going to hand the keys to your pride and joy to an adolescent.

Don't be surprised a new member joins SVTP asking about a nitrous kit, pullies, a stick axle and a F#&king Fast shift knob :nonono:

This

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Well, the good news is that you won't see the car around town while it's being driven into a ditch.....From your description you did the right thing. Enjoy your family and buy another one down the road.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
As long as you got what you needed out it, its all good. I does make me feel better if what I sell goes to a good owner, but if it doesn't, its just a car. There are many more out there

blwn89gt

Established Member
Sorry to hear you sold it, good luck with your business and hopefully you can get back into a terminator in the future or even a gt500. Its amazing how these kids wreck and run cars down and then they get rewarded with a car like a " terminator".

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Sad story, know how you feel about the car. Im overly crazy about my car and would lose it if i saw that after selling it. However it was sold. You got the money you wanted for it hopefully and you can now move on and do what you wanted to with the money. Get an other terminator down the road. There is always going to be a nice low mile car hiding somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread