Fastest 6-speed,irs,no nos. cobra

Almo

Established Member
Really.

Please explain.

What does boost really mean to you and why should I really care... :poke:

Haha, I typed it above for you sweetheart and the last I checked, I don't recall me being here for your happy a$$. And seeing how you are getting your little panties in a bind and this has gotten off topic, I'll be stopping here.

Please feel free to PM me if you need a napkin.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
REALLY?

LOL...

Are you are a woman?

You talk like one...

Dont call me your sweetheart.

And you never answered my question.

What does boost really mean to you and why should I really care...

Are you just mad that you are no faster than a 15+ year old stock twin six cylinder car...

:)

xzero

Established Member
Well this is going to pose for an interesting show I think its starting to turn into a grudge match. :read:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Haha, nice one Rob. I like that.

This has turned into the age old, mine is better than yours, my dad can kick your dad's butt thing. They are all totally different combos, quit trying to compare them. I'm sure everybody's here runs good for what it is.:shrug: I like supras, vettes, cobras, vipers hell there are a few f bodies that I even like. This thread has now gone to sh*t.:beer:

Almo

Established Member
I apologize to the others, when the Supra posts came out, I thought I would share about what it takes in comparison to stock stuff on the Cobra at a boost level and BPU with stock turbos on the Supra at it's boost level to run the same times.

I should have known it would show the Supra would need a bit more and the defenders of the world would take that as a derogatory statement toward the Supra.

By the way, nice pass Robz!

1Quick4.6

Established Member
yet another thread gone to waste by the elite supra nutridders.......

I apologize to the others, when the Supra posts came out, I thought I would share about what it takes in comparison to stock stuff on the Cobra at a boost level and BPU with stock turbos on the Supra at it's boost level to run the same times.

I should have known it would show the Supra would need a bit more and the defenders of the world would take that as a derogatory statement toward the Supra.

lol common guys you know the slow and delerious came out last night and and had too many old domestics..not enough fast imports.:lol:...there just on the rebound lol

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member

No need for an apology bro, I'm sure most of us understood the post.

lol common guys you know the slow and delerious came out last night and and had too many old domestics..not enough fast imports.:lol:...there just on the rebound lol
:lol::lol::lol:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
All I gotta say is way back in ole about 1993 ish. I had an 88lx with headers, K&N, full exhaust, blah, blah, blah. Well some jackleg in a "Supra (with his girlfriend)" decides to show off next to me in traffic. Well it took about 15 miles for us to get a break in traffic and with my airplane 2.73 gears I proceeded to hand him his ass from about 20mph up to about 120 lol. Guy about locked the brakes up to turn and not see my face. Me and my fiance continued to laugh for a long time. For some reason since then I haven't wanted one.

Oh and "True Story"

I had to tell it because boy was I proud of my little ole LX.

Last edited:

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
It's nice to see some cars rolling out now! I wish I kept my car and at least put the tubular k member on it I had sitting in the basement. Oh well, keep knocking the times down fellas! Congrats

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
yet another thread gone to waste by the elite supra nutridders.......

:nonono: Supra trolls please stick to the designated areas. We know what a 6spd/IRS single turbo supra can do. These are positive displacement blower cars though, and running low 10s & 9s with an IRS and no nitrous in a supercharged car that makes instant torque/HP from idle to redline is an accomplishment for this platform. :rockon:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I stated such because when I was running 11.0s at 9 pounds of boost, I was following a Supra at similar weights to mine running 11.20s at 18 pounds.

Some never state boost because it would tell the tale of Supras.

What does it matter if it takes 15 or 30 psi for a supra to make a certain amount of power when it's more than any of these cobras anyways? Would it make you feel better if it beat you with less boost or something?

Last edited:

apollo240

Established Member
I believe this record belongs to Tommy Godfrey of JPC. His old Cobra ran high 9's 6spd, no spray, still IRS.

mr2cam

Established Member
What does it matter if it takes 15 or 30 psi for a supra to make a certain amount of power when it's more than any of these cobras anyways? Would it make you feel better if it beat you with less boost or something?

Maybe he has no idea how boost is measured and what "pressure drop" is and how having 2 heads with 32 valves can easily cause a "pressure drop" therefore causing the car to make the same amount of power then a single head car but with half the amount of boost. Does that mean the turbo isn't working as hard because the PSI taken from the intake manifold is less? Absolutely not, it is working at the exact same rate, if you know anything about how a turbo works then you would know this.

Users who are viewing this thread