Fastest 6-speed,irs,no nos. cobra

rtusnake

Established Member
:lol1:1998 called, he wants his joke back. Im surprised there isnt more 9 sec 6-speed IRS cobras out there. Is the IRS in them that bad at stock weight?

I think the instant torque from the blowers hits the halfshafts hard and breaks them. You need a good 60ft to run 9's at most people's powerlevel with these cars

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Larry that is some absolutely sick MPH man!!! It's a totally different beast with the TS on there!!!! :rockon:

+1...good luck Larry, keep us updated on your progress with the TS. Once you get all that power to the ground in the first 60' you will be well in the 9's for sure.

Very nice runs rtusnake!:rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
+1...good luck Larry, keep us updated on your progress with the TS. Once you get all that power to the ground in the first 60' you will be well in the 9's for sure.

Very nice runs rtusnake!:rockon:
Thanks, there is definitely a lot left in it. That was just playin around in street trim. I put ice in it the next day at a 1/8 mile track and picked up 1.5 mph, which I'm figuring would probably be 2 in the 1/4. Later this month I'll be running it on slicks, so if the tranny and clutch hold up I should have some decent et's to report.

Robz

Established Member
Snap on Supraforums has gone 10.59 @ 130.0 with the stock twins and no nitrous...

Alot of fast cars and great runs!
Although I'm not a cobra,
I have also runs 9's in a stock bottom end (street car) c5Z, 6 speed IRS and n/a.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Snap on Supraforums has gone 10.59 @ 130.0 with the stock twins and no nitrous...
That looks pretty comparable to my 10.34@132 on the eaton blower with no nitrous.
Alot of fast cars and great runs!
Although I'm not a cobra,
I have also runs 9's in a stock bottom end (street car) c5Z, 6 speed IRS and n/a.
You sir, have one bad ass vette. I'm definitely a fan.:beer:

Almo

Established Member

How much boost?

12 pounds of boost in Cobras on stock block/stock Eaton has ran 130MPH trap speeds.

If I recall, 22 pounds are about it from the stock turbos.

A Supra at the track with 18 pounds of boost at similar weight is like a Cobra on 9 pounds of boost.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
How much boost?

12 pounds of boost in Cobras on stock block/stock Eaton has ran 130MPH trap speeds.

If I recall, 22 pounds are about it from the stock turbos.

A Supra at the track with 18 pounds of boost at similar weight is like a Cobra on 9 pounds of boost.

Again compairing boost from a roots supercharger to 2 turbos is completely different. The supras boost 12-14psi stock I believe.

Almo

Established Member
Again compairing boost from a roots supercharger to 2 turbos is completely different. The supras boost 12-14psi stock I believe.

Whats this again crap? :shrug: Yes, I believe we all know these cars have different power adders... I wasn't comparing a roots to turbos, I was comparing boost in both cars running the FI they have from the factory to run similar times at similar weights. This isn't rocket science!! Then again I should have known this shows a Supra needs a little more to run what it does compared to a Cobra and there might be people running out to defend this. Not to mention, a Turbo Cobra at 9 pounds would put down quite a bit more than a roots at 9 pounds. Peak that is.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Haha... it does mean something and of all people, you should know you need lots more to run the same times. LOL Panties a little tight? You would support that statement as CI's don't lie and it takes more boost in a Supra to make the same power of a larger CI at less boost.

I stated such because when I was running 11.0s at 9 pounds of boost, I was following a Supra at similar weights to mine running 11.20s at 18 pounds.

Some never state boost because it would tell the tale of Supras.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
My car made 649 rwhp and 574 tq on a puny little 71mm turbo at 18 pounds and pump gas and had a 4,600 rpm power band. Car traped mid 130's and pulled liter bikes with the AC on. If you can do it with one pound of boost good for you. I don't really care...

Users who are viewing this thread