Fastest nitrous coyotes

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
To each their own. I posted my own opinion from my own personal results with the MT82. It's not rumor or hearsay or second hand information, those are facts from the 10k miles my MT82 lasted before breaking 4th gear and being stuck in 3rd.

I'm not really sure why there is a need to 'fanboy' the MT82 when it is well known they have some inherent issues.

Just because one person has good luck with theirs, does not discredit the many others who have had issues, myself included.

I'm glad to hear you're having success with yours. I would prefer to have the Mt82's superior gearing over the T56 but my confidence was not high in the getrag and as such, I made the switch.

I can't remember quicksnake, did you beef up the trans at all? I thought I remember you saying you tore it down for something but that might be someone else.

qcksnake

Established Member
To each their own. I posted my own opinion from my own personal results with the MT82. It's not rumor or hearsay or second hand information, those are facts from the 10k miles my MT82 lasted before breaking 4th gear and being stuck in 3rd.

I'm not really sure why there is a need to 'fanboy' the MT82 when it is well known they have some inherent issues.

Just because one person has good luck with theirs, does not discredit the many others who have had issues, myself included.

I'm glad to hear you're having success with yours. I would prefer to have the Mt82's superior gearing over the T56 but my confidence was not high in the getrag and as such, I made the switch.

I can't remember quicksnake, did you beef up the trans at all? I thought I remember you saying you tore it down for something but that might be someone else.
So because you had bad luck with it and feel like it has a inferior 5th gear everyone should steer clear?
I have had many manuals and I remember clearly installing input shafts and other pieces into a t56 cobra box to get it to hold up.

I'm not fan boying the mt82 and I understand its far from perfect, but for a stock gt transmission its pretty good.

What I'm proposing is bad choices on clutches, bad drivers and bad tire choices are problem.

Gates on the get rag are much closer than the t-56 and at weight of the cars they are in you have to choose clutch and tires carefully.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So because you had bad luck with it and feel like it has a inferior 5th gear everyone should steer clear?
I have had many manuals and I remember clearly installing input shafts and other pieces into a t56 cobra box to get it to hold up.

I'm not fan boying the mt82 and I understand its far from perfect, but for a stock gt transmission its pretty good.

What I'm proposing is bad choices on clutches, bad drivers and bad tire choices are problem.

Gates on the get rag are much closer than the t-56 and at weight of the cars they are in you have to choose clutch and tires carefully.

I didn't recommend someone to 'steer clear' of the MT82. I advised against high loads, in this case spraying nitrous, on 5th gear as a result of it's weaker synchro and smaller gear size.

The "power" gears or high load gears are 1-4. I do not believe 5 and 6 are engineered and designed for high loads. If they were, I think ford would have kept the stronger synchro for at least 5th gear, leaving 6 as the only overdrive gear in the MT82. They did not though, instead they opted for an inferior synchro(double cone vs triple cone) for 5th gear since, under normal driving circumstances, there is no need for a stronger synchro that would be required to "work" under high load conditions.

Again, just my experience and opinion based on driving it and seeing it torn down to it's bare internals.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Also, I would agree on the clutch being one of the main culprits. I have spoken to a handful of people who have simply switched to a better clutch and they report night/day differences. I don't have any first hand experience with this as my clutch was stock and I swapped to a mcleod when I put in the magnum. That is just what I have seen reported.

highpsi615

Established Member
Wicked numbers guys. Quick question for the NX plate users spraying 100 shot, about how many passes are you seeing out of a 10lb bottle? Thanks!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Wicked numbers guys. Quick question for the NX plate users spraying 100 shot, about how many passes are you seeing out of a 10lb bottle? Thanks!

Depends on the quality of the fill but I generally see about 6 solid quarter mile runs on a full 10lb bottle before a performance gain(mph loss on the timeslip) is realized.

mustang5oh

Established Member
Well, FINALLY was able to make a couple passes yesterday. Testing the shifting we only used a 100 shot. Ran a 10.63 @ 126mph with a 1.41 60 foot and a little slower 10.67 @ 126mph with a 1.45 60 foot time (slipped a little). Needless to say I am pretty pleased. Next time out will be the 150 shot.

here is a little video of the 10.67 run
2011 gt 5.0 auto - YouTube

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Well, FINALLY was able to make a couple passes yesterday. Testing the shifting we only used a 100 shot. Ran a 10.63 @ 126mph with a 1.41 60 foot and a little slower 10.67 @ 126mph with a 1.45 60 foot time (slipped a little). Needless to say I am pretty pleased. Next time out will be the 150 shot.

Nice tines! Congrats!

bmoney50

Established Member

nice times I hope to be running a very similiar setup this spring. Do you have a roll bar in the car? What are your other mods?

69camaro...

Established Member

that track looks like its closed lol. Nice run though:rockon:

mustang5oh

Established Member
nice times I hope to be running a very similiar setup this spring. Do you have a roll bar in the car? What are your other mods?
No roll bar yet... (should be putting one in this winter)
Other mods are Full stainless works exhaust with high flow cats, CAI, Livernois Motorsports tune, 4.10 gear, 1 piece driveshaft and only suspension mods are lowering springs.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I do not know what this 2014 GT ran at track but he beat me by a car length . We roll race around 30mph. Its about quarter mile long. A friend told me the dude with the 5.0 have 100shot of nitrous . Every thing else is stock on the car.

mustang5oh

Established Member
I think you'll go quicker! How are you getting those 60 fts? Very nice!!

Oh forgot a converter too. I launch the car at 2500 and it is a monster out of the hole. Best run without nitrous was also yesterday with an 11.41 @118 with a 1.55 60 foot time. I think even with the 100 shot it has more in it. The car was shifting early into 5th which is should not be doing and the bottle was done after 2 runs. No one told me they didn't fill it after the dyno pulls. We are expecting 1.39 60 foot time with a better prepped track and a full bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread