fatties

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
go with the 275/60/15 mt radial pro's best hooking drag radial on the market. don't get hung up on "width" numbers

been mid 8's @ 167 on them.....

let me know if you want a deal on some race stars

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Just because it says you can put that tire on a 9" wheel on some web site, It doesn't mean its the optimum fit.
Don't believe me. Waste your money and try all the different sizes on the 10" wide wheel. After all the different tire sizes are used, you'll see the 295 is the winner.
A 325 wide tire on a 10" wide wheel isn't going to out preform a 295 wide tire on the same wheel. The 295 will be the winner because the foot print has a larger contact area.
I have 35 years of car racing experience. I might have some knowledge here.

It's not "some website" it's the manufacturer of the tire. I'm not saying that a 295 won't be just as good, or fit under the 2011+ body better than a 325, just trying to correct everyone who says a 325 wont work on a 10 inch wheel, when the manufacturer themselves say they're safe on a 9 inch wheel. If they were a low profile tire, there's no way they would provide a proper contact patch on a wheel that small, but because they have a 28" sidewall they work okay on a smaller wheel. Also, I've used both 295s and 325s on my 10" wheels and my car has always hooked harder on the 325s.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I ran the 275 ET street pro's on a 10" racestar, sportlines and incorrectly set suspension got me a set of 1.6x 60's, stick car

WildOne12

Established Member
Getting ready for a game change. I will keep my 20"tsw wheels and h&r springs in the garage.
Looking to get the cobra jet springs and fats/ skinneys for a while. I'm looking to maximize my current hp (around 400ish) and se t the suspension to handle about 800hp launches. All in preparation. .......

If that is your plan you might want to look at a set of 28X10.5" Stiff Sidewall Slicks... That Kind of power with hard launches on drag radials could lead to broken parts.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
go with the 275/60/15 mt radial pro's best hooking drag radial on the market. don't get hung up on "width" numbers

been mid 8's @ 167 on them.....

let me know if you want a deal on some race stars

Next tire I'll be trying on a 10" wheel. Too many guys hung up on width of the tire. If the 275 hooks as good as you and a few others have mentioned. Then its a no brainer. Less rolling resistance due to narrower tire = more top end speed.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If these are intended for track use, I would much rather prefer going with a bias ply tire over a radial, like the Hoosier QT Pro or MT ET Streets.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
its a stick car.
but im looking to shot 150 out of the gate, on the 2 step set at 3500.
should be nasty.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
the pro radial works good on a stick car, i just broke a ton of stuff with the pro radials... first bent the axle tube, then the stock carrier, then stripped the ring and pinion. put a 28x10.5 slick on and never had a problem

turbosha

Established Member
I figure it was a place to start.
not sure how to bring the two step into the mix with the tps switch.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
I figure it was a place to start.
not sure how to bring the two step into the mix with the tps switch.

tps switch is trash, put a micro switch on the pedal... i tried the tps an it would activate at diffrent spots in the throttle tps= it turning on between 50-100% diffrent each time

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
tps switch is trash, put a micro switch on the pedal... i tried the tps an it would activate at diffrent spots in the throttle tps= it turning on between 50-100% diffrent each time

On these cars you have to use falling voltage, if not rising voltage will do that.

BV600

Established Member
I know its a completely different car but. My 04 gto with a 403 and magnacharger made 640tq at like 3k rpm and I could hook 265 mt. I could hook spraying it to.

turbosha

Established Member
What tall is the 295 55's?
I'm running 3.31 gear and dot want to cross the 1/8th in second gear.ff

Users who are viewing this thread