Few Power Questions

zeusha

Established Member
Ok guys, just put the Steggy Ported Stage IV or V not don't remember had it sitting a while but this is as far as i'm taking this car with power adders. Just wondering on what I would need to WOT this thing with no fear. Other than the expensive obvious like a full RT fuel system. I mean like is my mass air Ok? Stock pumps or BAP needed? My mods so far are only as follows:

K&N FT Pack Cold air, Ported blower, 3.0 Pulley Billet flow and Roush Exhaust.

Please keep in mind this is not a track car however not to say I don't have fun. The car has still yet to be tuned watsoever is still stock tune i'm working on a tuner now waiting for 1 to pop-up. Any advice is appreciated. I was beat by my buddies 12 Camaro few weeks back and is no way that should be happening lol. Something is obviously wrong.
WP_000155.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Datalog is your friend! Check your fpdc, I was maxed with upper pulley only making 455rwhp.

cobracide

Established Member
What does it look like under the hood? Do you have a full set of idlers, snub? Differential cover? Subframes? Traction? 170* thermostat. These are some basic mods you might want to consider before you thrash the Cobra.

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
Thanks for the calls on that. I dont have any idlers, im gonna start the mod train here I guess. Just trying to take care of the important first ya know.

zeusha

Established Member
Ill take some under the hood pics tomorrow. Looks bland n boring but some red andonized stuff will get that looking better

cobracide

Established Member
Thanks for the calls on that. I dont have any idlers, im gonna start the mod train here I guess. Just trying to take care of the important first ya know.

Hehe, ok then but be careful.

Ill take some under the hood pics tomorrow. Looks bland n boring but some red andonized stuff will get that looking better

Sound like it will be good looking soon!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read through your opening thread and see you have the stock tune, and you mention being beat by the '12 Camaro a few weeks ago. So I'm assuming you didn't have the ported blower installed at that time. You didn't race him with the 3.0 pulley and a stock tune, did you? I surely hope not. At least not before checking your A/F.

Very nice looking Cobra you have there, by the way. The Roush side exhaust gives it a nice, different look.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Here was my OLD set-up....

Steg Stage 4 Eaton
2.76 upper pulley
JLT CAI
KB BAP
High Flow X
SLP Catback
NEW SPARK PLUGS gapped properly
New Fuel Filter

And a tuner / shop who is knowledgable I prefer a shop, not a mail order tune thats just me though

Stock TB/ Stock Plenum
Stock Fuel system
Stock Lower Pulley

On 91 Octane, 518hp / 488tq

zeusha

Established Member
I read through your opening thread and see you have the stock tune, and you mention being beat by the '12 Camaro a few weeks ago. So I'm assuming you didn't have the ported blower installed at that time. You didn't race him with the 3.0 pulley and a stock tune, did you? I surely hope not. At least not before checking your A/F.

Very nice looking Cobra you have there, by the way. The Roush side exhaust gives it a nice, different look.
Unfortunately Bob, I did race him with the blower installed on the Stock tune. Wont do it again amazed it lived with what I know now actually. Im 1 of 4 in my crew with a 99-04 Cobra just wanted to stand apart a lil. I think it all comes together well. Thanks for the good comment brother.

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
Here was my OLD set-up....

Steg Stage 4 Eaton
2.76 upper pulley
JLT CAI
KB BAP
High Flow X
SLP Catback
NEW SPARK PLUGS gapped properly
New Fuel Filter

And a tuner / shop who is knowledgable I prefer a shop, not a mail order tune thats just me though

Stock TB/ Stock Plenum
Stock Fuel system
Stock Lower Pulley

On 91 Octane, 518hp / 488tq
What did you run on that setup? What power did it make? Im curious as to know abouts where I am right now.

Users who are viewing this thread