Finally got my chance with a ZL1

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
dude, a ZL1 will ass rage a cobra stock for stock, then he compares a camaro to a corvette yet we complain when the mustang is compared to the vette:dw: . that was nothing but a lot of opinion.

How do you know? There arent any stock terminators anymore lol

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
dude, a ZL1 will ass rage a cobra stock for stock, then he compares a camaro to a corvette yet we complain when the mustang is compared to the vette:dw: . that was nothing but a lot of opinion.

Haven't seen a stock cobra in a while not sure if there are anymore. My car would rape a zl1 but we all got our opinions and neither of us drive a zl1 so its all good

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Haven't seen a stock cobra in a while not sure if there are anymore. My car would rape a zl1 but we all got our opinions and neither of us drive a zl1 so its all good

I'm sure your modded car would, hell if I did some bolt ons and tuning to my car I'd probably be close to a stock ZL1....still comparing stock to modded. Remember some years back what the favorite saying on this board was when a cobra lost? "pulley and tune is and go show him taillights" the same can be said for the ZL1...:shrug:

kaz109

Established Member
I'm sure your modded car would, hell if I did some bolt ons and tuning to my car I'd probably be close to a stock ZL1....still comparing stock to modded. Remember some years back what the favorite saying on this board was when a cobra lost? "pulley and tune is and go show him taillights" the same can be said for the ZL1...:shrug:

With that size of motor and a SC it shouldn't need a pulley and tune

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

Your talking about a major price difference between the 2. The zl1 was a let down I'm sorry.

Klay

Established Member
:rolleyes:

Despite this being exactly what I was talking about earlier...how there's always an excuse...I will make a genuine attempt to keep this civil.

Just so I understand what you're saying, your opinion is the ZL1 suffers more heat soak than an 03 Cobra running a "Heaton" blower?

Also, the video shows two runs. So how was there heat soak on the first, though there shouldn't have been even on the second?

So for $60k, I get a car I can drive when it's dry out, blue skies, approximately 60-70 degrees, downhill, with a tail wind, and possibly...just maybe...beat a $30k GT? And that is a good deal to you?

I'm just asking..I want to make sure I heard that right.

:pop:

I have no clue why you went off on that tangent. I simply stated why it is possible the 13 gt beat the zl1 when the zl1 should normally win. The quickest times for a zl1 are low 12's maybe high11's in the perfect conditions. Which is definitely faster than the quickest times for a 5.0. Later ill find the links to the race of th zl1 quick times for you. It was posted in the gt500 vs zl1 thread in the 13+ gt500 section.

I prefer both the 5.0 and gt500 to the zl1. So im definitely not trying to say it is the greatest vehicle out there. However, you have let your disdain for the zl1 cloud your logic.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
With that size of motor and a SC it shouldn't need a pulley and tune

A stock car shouldn't need mods to run with a modded car? WTF:??: So I guess now its ok for the SC/Turbo 5.0 guys to claim the 13GT500 is overpriced because their car will lay waste to one? Nah man, you know better than that.

In it's class the ZL1 is only behind the 13GT500...not a bad place to be IMO.

Your talking about a major price difference between the 2. The zl1 was a let down I'm sorry.

Price, price, price, a few years ago that was ricer logic on here. Now it's the main argument against the ZL1...FOH.

However, you have let your disdain for the zl1 cloud your logic.

This is basically what I've been sating the whole time. The ZL1 loses to the 13GT500 obviously, so now its a overpriced POS? Heck no. I guess since the GT500 performs on par or sometimes better that the 90K+ Z06 that makes the Z06 overpriced too lol. No, that's just a testament to how well the GT500 performs:rockon:. In america in the "pony" car scene the fact is the ZL1 is #2 behind the GT500. Not the 11+5.0, 10-12GT500, 10+Camaro SS/1LE, and not the 392 SRT8 Challenger.

Devil_Z

Established Member
A stock car shouldn't need mods to run with a modded car? WTF:??: So I guess now its ok for the SC/Turbo 5.0 guys to claim the 13GT500 is overpriced because their car will lay waste to one? Nah man, you know better than that.

Price, price, price, a few years ago that was ricer logic on here. Now it's the main argument against the ZL1...FOH.

This is basically what I've been sating the whole time. The ZL1 loses to the 13GT500 obviously, so now its a overpriced POS? Heck no. I guess since the GT500 performs on par or sometimes better that the 90K+ Z06 that makes the Z06 overpriced too lol. No, that's just a testament to how well the GT500 performs:rockon:. In america in the "pony" car scene the fact is the ZL1 is #2 behind the GT500. Not the 11+5.0, 10-12GT500, 10+Camaro SS/1LE, and not the 392 SRT8 Challenger.

You really can't compare a gt500's price to that of the z06. You said it performs on par or sometimes better. In what scenarios? Maybe a straight line and that's it.

Sorry, I'm just bored haha.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
You really can't compare a gt500's price to that of the z06. You said it performs on par or sometimes better. In what scenarios? Maybe a straight line and that's it.

Sorry, I'm just bored haha.

No, you're correct man. I believe what most in this thread are talking about is straight line performance so that's what I'm speaking about.

Devil_Z

Established Member
:beer:
No, you're correct man. I believe what most in this thread are talking about is straight line performance so that's what I'm speaking about.

the 13 gt500 is a monster though. Some crazy high off the showroom floor dyno numbers.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
:beer:

the 13 gt500 is a monster though. Some crazy high off the showroom floor dyno numbers.

No doubt, its the top dog in its class. But just because it is I don't feel that Iit makes the ZL1 a failure IMO.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

Ricer logic? Lol let me end this here in my opinion the zl1 is over priced and over hyped. I do think its a good looking car but that's it I pick the gt500 over it any day.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Ricer logic? Lol let me end this here in my opinion the zl1 is over priced and over hyped. I do think its a good looking car but that's it I pick the gt500 over it any day.

I'd pick the GT500 over it.
I'd pick the Shelby GT over it.
I'd pick the Mustang Bullitt over it.
I'd pick another Cobra over it.
I'd pick a 5.0 over it...and I'm talking foxbody.
I'd pick a 2013 V6 Mustang over it.

Eh....think I made my point. ;-):beer:

2KBlackGT

Established Member

I lost it at the bolded :lol1: ,You're a ****ing hoot :beer:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

How about a mustang 2?

Users who are viewing this thread