First Startup - MMR Twin Turbo Pro Mod Coyote fired up on stand

CPRsm

..... especially if Greg's motor is to run low 7s and mirror the MMR record holder? Just trying to understand here.
It's not a mirror engine. They said it was almost the same. The rods being different, as was already posted.

None of us are "out to get" MMR or anyone for that matter. There's no vendetta here, purely trying to understand what happened.
bulllshhiiiit lol
You were in the same build thread yesterday on yellow bullet hours before you bumped the thread here "asking" if there was any info. You already knew what happened and came here and bumped the thread. You can't play that card unless you have a different screen name per website. Oopsy lol

Also, some of the questions coming out are in response to the constant statements about the Fastest engines, best out there etc. It seems like there are never failures and if there is one, it's always someone else's fault. Sometimes people just need to man up and say, hey we made a mistake or the part really wasn't the best etc. That's all here.
If that's all we really want here is facts, why don't we wait to see the cause before lighting the torches? They put in a customer supplied and spec'd rod which failed early, at this point for some unknown reason. What is there to man up to at this point?

The rods have always made good power reliably, including in my customers build that made close to 1200rwhp. He has highway raced in Mexico quite a bit without problems. AND he has a stock block. Had it blown on the dyno, or afterwards, would the tuner be questioned like MMR is now because they made that much power on a stock block? Did they have a responsibility to turn him away because it exceeded the factories 420hp rating?
The finger pointing has already started and a cause has not even been determined yet.

Lastly, I thought I saw Justin from MMM post in here. I believe Ronnie's x275 Mod Motor uses an Oliver or Crower rod. That car has gone 198mph with a single power adder in x275 trim.
That's a fast car. I don't think anyone said the only fast rods were Manley. I don't keep too much w racing but I believe there are only two builders w mod engines over 240mph, and both companies use Manley rods.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Interesting, nothing like arguing about a product when you dont even know which one he has - come one bud, you should know better! Quit poking the stick at everything we say and we can all get along here! :beer:

I'm not arguing anything here, just pointing out that there are other options. You are right, I don't know which exact Rod is in his motor at this current moment. It's not a Manley though.

Agree, I've said my peace, hope Greg's motor gets fixed and makes some big power.

Hope to see a Customer's MMR motor out at Coyote Modified this year!

poof100

Established Member
It's not a mirror engine. They said it was almost the same. The rods being different, as was already posted.

bulllshhiiiit lol
You were in the same build thread yesterday on yellow bullet hours before you bumped the thread here "asking" if there was any info. You already knew what happened and came here and bumped the thread. You can't play that card unless you have a different screen name per website. Oopsy lol

If that's all we really want here is facts, why don't we wait to see the cause before lighting the torches? They put in a customer supplied and spec'd rod which failed early, at this point for some unknown reason. What is there to man up to at this point?

The rods have always made good power reliably, including in my customers build that made close to 1200rwhp. He has highway raced in Mexico quite a bit without problems. AND he has a stock block. Had it blown on the dyno, or afterwards, would the tuner be questioned like MMR is now because they made that much power on a stock block? Did they have a responsibility to turn him away because it exceeded the factories 420hp rating?
The finger pointing has already started and a cause has not even been determined yet.

That's a fast car. I don't anyone said the only fast rods were Manley. I don't keep too much w racing but I believe there are only two builders w mod engines over 240mph, and both companies use Manley rods.

Yes, I was on YB and posted. Who cares, I bumped it here since I didn't see any updates and wanted to see what the update was and for those here that don't venture over to YB. Who gives 2 shits where I post though?

As mentioned, I hope Greg's motor gets fixed and they fix whatever issues caused the Rod failure, if it's with parts, or whatever else.

The facts never always come out on here, but it is what it is, case in point when a Transmission blows up but claims it's fine? Ooopsy.

CPRsm

Yes, I was on YB and posted. Who cares, I bumped it here since I didn't see any updates and wanted to see what the update was and for those here that don't venture over to YB. Who gives 2 shits where I post though?
Because if all you really wanted was info you would have just waited. Greg's beens posting up part numbers, pics and everything on YB. You're not going to miss anything in that thread. It would have come back here no matter what, no doubt. Just don't act like you bumping it wasn't an ulterior motive or that no one is "after" MMR.

The facts never always come out on here, but it is what it is, case in point when a Transmission blows up but claims it's fine? Ooopsy.
I must have missed something here.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Agree, I've said my peace, hope Greg's motor gets fixed and makes some big power.

Hope to see a Customer's MMR motor out at Coyote Modified this year!

We appreciate that, our company has been around longer than any of the others because we are fair and we have an incredible amount of experience. We also respect peoples opinion, whether we share their view or not. The Bottom line is things happen, and as a comparison, just because a plane crashes and the wing is broken off doesnt mean the wing was defective, it broke off because the plane crashed into the ground at 500mph, the question is why did the plane crash in the first place! The idea and point here is we have a broken rod, but it doesnt mean the rod was defective. The answers will hopefully come out soon.

In regards to the question about why did we let him install these rods, the answer is simple, we are not here to question a well know tuner when they hand us a pile of parts and say build it. We rate those rods at 1500 HP for drag type use or 1/2 that for endurance/nascar type events. The rod broke at 22HP less than we rate it for reasons that are yet to be finally determined. Anytime a part is used at or near its rating the reliabilty drops to a unsatisfactory level. Now that the parts are in our hands our preliminary conclusion is that the rod was not defective and that it failed from Hydrolocking with fuel. it should also be pointed out that the dyno operator did not realize the rod was broken until after they tried to restart it for the next pull. Our final conclusion will be released within the next few days. :beer:

Last edited:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
Some pics

20140217_131740_zps18e0c575.jpg

20140215_124148_zps654adbb3.jpg

20140218_084938_zps766e56da.jpg

20140218_085421_zps7067f9d6.jpg

20140215_124624_zps55126b7e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread