first wreck 2015 mustang

mavisky

Established Member
Actually direct injection thus far has proven to be a godsend for boosted applications.

Because the pressure of the fuel being injected and the size of the injectors, there is HUGE headroom in the stock fuel system. Think about it, the fuel is being injected at an immense psi since its being introduced right before TDC and the spark event so it has to have alot of pressure behind it. Now you add 7, 14, etc PSI. This amounts to jack shit compared to the force pushing the fuel in.

The other vehicle love interests I have are genesis coupes, the 13+ are direct injection (both 2.0t and 3.8 v6). The v6 guys are throwing on turbo kits and only seeing menial increases in IDC in order to match proper afr's. The added volume of air just doesnt make much of a difference compared to whats already in there and whats being injected.

But a lot of that has to do with how much headroom the manufacturer designs into the cars. If I remember right the DI MazdaSpeed 3's suffer from an issue where you have to basically choose one or two mod paths and that's it. Basically intake and tune or boost controller and tune and you're out of fuel injector. Due all three and you don't have enough fuel flow because Mazda didn't leave much headroom in the injector design. Pressure plays a factor, but in the end it's all about quantity to make the right AFR's.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
dub75.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well we all knew it was a matter of time before the wreck cars would show up

Elwood617

Established Member
Nah I just like giving people shit.

My buddy is looking to get a 11-14 and im pushing him to get one, great time to buy them if you like them. I wish I did, I try to like the style, sometimes they look tolerable with the right mods, but im not gonna spend $20-24k on something thats "tolerable" only when modded. But thats just me.

Actually direct injection thus far has proven to be a godsend for boosted applications.

Because the pressure of the fuel being injected and the size of the injectors, there is HUGE headroom in the stock fuel system. Think about it, the fuel is being injected at an immense psi since its being introduced right before TDC and the spark event so it has to have alot of pressure behind it. Now you add 7, 14, etc PSI. This amounts to jack shit compared to the force pushing the fuel in.

The other vehicle love interests I have are genesis coupes, the 13+ are direct injection (both 2.0t and 3.8 v6). The v6 guys are throwing on turbo kits and only seeing menial increases in IDC in order to match proper afr's. The added volume of air just doesnt make much of a difference compared to whats already in there and whats being injected.

But a lot of that has to do with how much headroom the manufacturer designs into the cars. If I remember right the DI MazdaSpeed 3's suffer from an issue where you have to basically choose one or two mod paths and that's it. Basically intake and tune or boost controller and tune and you're out of fuel injector. Due all three and you don't have enough fuel flow because Mazda didn't leave much headroom in the injector design. Pressure plays a factor, but in the end it's all about quantity to make the right AFR's.

One of the big problems with DI in a high HP setting is getting a injector that can support high HP to work well at idle. The Turbo DI cars get around this by using secondary and some times tertiary injectors that are further up stream. I would love to see DI come to the Coyote motor, but I am planning on staying N/A. It will be a headache for the FI guys who are searching for big power.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Have any of the S550 haters actually seen one in person? The car looks pretty fantastic, IMO. Much better than the New Edge update and the '05-'09 cars.

yes seen several and drove them. cheap interior yes it is cheap besides the recaro seats, rear end looks good, side view looks good, front and hood is awful though!!! i will take a new edge over one all day and save a ton of dough

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Hope kids wreck lots of the Ecoboost equipped cars quickly. Really want to swap one of these motors into my ugly Fox body SVO.

Anybody who thinks the front end of the 550 is a marked improvement over the 197 needs to stop squinting so much.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I saw that car on IAAI the other day, its got like 389 miles on it and is a v6... Forget which state it was in, I'll keep my eye on it to see how much it sells for.

Users who are viewing this thread