For those of you with school age children...be patient....

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Even if the schools were open I would not send mine back to public schools. They are indoctrinating these kids with BLM garbage. The teachers are going to the BLM protests and even through distance learning they have tried to push the agenda. I hope the schools feel the financial pain when more and more of us parents take control over our kids education and stop this mess. We are homeschooling our two kids and are not looking back. The teachers are lazy and want to get paid so they can go on vacations and sit on their ass while doing distant education.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Folks, it is quite simple. The school boards are concerned with litigation if a child takes ill, period. The education is low on the totem pole for those making the decision because hybrid designs and bubble strategy could work if so desired.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My GF said her kids’ school in NM is an absolute joke.

Tablet doesn’t have the needed apps. Can’t download anything because it’s protected.

Asked her to send the serial number so they could see which tablet they gave her. So what...the schools isn’t even tracking who got issued what tablet?

Started a week late...still don’t even have a full days schedule. Don’t know what they are doing from one day to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

chick I’m seeing.. her kid is in school in NM..

That’s true. Not only did the kids not know what to do.. they were told they were already behind. And needed to catch up by Wednesday

So I clicked over subjects and it’ll tell you “ estimated time to catch up”

18 hours. And they legitimately wanted the kids to do 18 hours of school work in 2 days.. WITHOUT teacher help.
It’s a joke

edit

also forgot to add.. it also shows how long the students take and if a student is “ too smart “ it sends alerts they are doing work too fast lol

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Tired of all the teacher wailing about being stressed, which includes my family members. My kids small, poorly funded catholic school is doing a good job. All in person with the option of remote. My kids had to do the first two weeks because of a covid contact before school started. All of us were kind of pissed about it, but not a huge deal. Happy with all the work they put in to do it and if they can do it there is no reason public schools cannot with all the available resources.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
In a few months im betting there will be a vaccine and all this won't mean anything. U know dam well the Trump team is gonna release a vaccine before election time.

In general for most I dont see how a kid being home schooled is gonna pay any more attention to his school work than a kid watching his teacher on a computer with scheduled learning times. Home schooling for many has been an absolute disaster and failure!

Home schooling has poor structure and organization and parents are NOT teachers. (And even if u are a teacher the environment is piss poor for learning and ANY teacher will tell u that.) Im sure there are a few exceptions to this but in general home schooling is a TERRIBLE idea!

Parents are not taught how to adapt to a Childs learning. Teachers go to school to learn how to be a teacher, its not one of things where ur just gonna wing it...... Parents expect their kids to learn at a much faster rate than a trained teacher would and a common concept with home schooling when they're not learning something is they will just "Learn it tomorrow". U cant teach what u dont know!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny how teachers will strike for increased pay and better bennie's, but won't strike to actually teach kids in their classrooms.

Their selfish ways are clearly evident now.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app
In part, many teachers are so full of fear (about Covid-19) that they're afraid to return to the classroom, so refuse to do so. Fear is now a driving force.

How are households with two working parents handling home (virtual classroom) schooling? Who is there with the kids during these virtual classes?

How will we truly measure the effectiveness and quality of these virtual classrooms, and how how much will be student absorb as compared to actual classroom learning? How will school districts ensure that student are even fully attending these virtual classrooms?

There are more than a few questions that don't have immediate answers. Being a parent today is NOT easy.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My oldest with special needs returned to school thankful for that my youngest school decided on E learning do to parents whining. I still think it should’ve been up to the parents. Send them or remote learn. My youngest school starts E learning Sept 8th. After 9 weeks they’ll evaluate I told the wife plan on it till the 4th quarter I’m sure. They better not ask for no damn levy in the next couple of years they’ve been out since March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Teachers that refuse to go back, unless they have a verified doctor's reason or request not to, should be fired on the spot.

That’s a good point and the ones that refuse to go back I’m sure are staying home in there basement like Bejing Biden and not going out places etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s a good point and the ones that refuse to go back I’m sure are staying home in there basement like Bejing Biden and not going out places etc.

Exactly. I have several teachers in my family, am friends with several more and my wife just got out of teaching after 10 years.

Teaching our children is one of the most important (i.e. essential) occupations that I could ever come up with. These kids are already going to be affected by this long term; why would we want to make it worse?

I had one younger girl starting her 3rd or 4th year of teaching casually mention she hopes they don't go back so she can have more freedom. I told her if she wanted more freedom, she should get another job.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Exactly. I have several teachers in my family, am friends with several more and my wife just got out of teaching after 10 years.

Teaching our children is one of the most important (i.e. essential) occupations that I could ever come up with. These kids are already going to be affected by this long term; why would we want to make it worse?

I had one younger girl starting her 3rd or 4th year of teaching casually mention she hopes they don't go back so she can have more freedom. I told her if she wanted more freedom, she should get another job.

Agreed about teaching our children and they need social interaction as well. Not only will this effect them long term, a lot of kids will be way behind in learning. Some children need one on one as well as if both parents or single parents have to work and no one is there to keep an eye or keep them on task they will struggle or get into other things. I hate to see what some schools teach now a days.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I've been a public school teacher for 28 years and today was the first day of my new career as a distance learning instructor. It started off as badly as I thought it would but got way better much faster than I had anticipated. However, it's rather strange being alone in a classroom and teaching a bunch of empty chairs.

Great job yesterday. My kids had their first day of virtual learning (we live in Green Valley/Henderson) and Clever & Canvas both imploded as I know you are aware. Things got straightened out in a hurry though and the teachers were nimble problem solvers. They quickly sent Google Meets codes for each class to us via email and the Remind app. My kids didn’t miss a second of instruction due to teachers’ ability to adapt and move forward.

I struggle with the social aspect of virtual learning. My kids are social creatures so I can’t wait to get them back into the classroom in person.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hahahahaha hahahahaha

Ah hahahahaha hahahahahaha

That couldn’t be farther from the truth

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You know, I’m an old school IBEW Union man... took a non union job a few years ago... I would prefer we unionized and I can tell you I have a hunch it’s not the school boards...

I’d bet good money it’s the Teacher’s Unions holding up reopening.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahahaha hahahahaha

Ah hahahahaha hahahahahaha

That couldn’t be farther from the truth

School districts cancel at the mere suggestion of snow. These places release early when sparse amounts of flakes drop. Why? Litigation. What do you think mom and dad will do when lil Tommy gets ill at Robert E. Lee Elementary? The lawsuits will fly and bad press will circulate. Kids could go to school with proper precautions in place but the boards and shot callers are considering the potential liability. Virtual learning for kids will go over as well as a fart in a hot church but it is a nice front for the districts to say "See we really do care about your kids."

Out here teachers will be in their classrooms virtual teaching. They can be there but kids can not? Something doesn't smell right.

SHOdown220

Established Member
My wife just started as a 1st grade online academy teacher. She said it has been hectic as hell and parents are stupid. She will send an email about a 9:00 a.m. zoom meeting for the class and parents are trying to log in at 9:00 P.M.

Now keep in mind her online academy was a new program for the district that was 100% voluntary. Parents had the option to have their kids go to school for a mixed in person/virtual teaching, or sign up for 100% online education. She had a parent email her the other day and ask her "How do working parent's find time for their kids to be in class during the day, and my kid is not good on computers and I"m not very good either." I'm like please respond and remind them that they personally chose to go with the 100% virtual route, and that it's not your responsibility to plan their life.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I am ready for schools to open. Trying to teach my kids to navigate their virtual classes, trouble shoot their IT issues, answering questions all day really is counter productive for me trying to work at home. It's like having to do 2 jobs at once. Not fun.

This 'You can't go to school, but feel free to Riot, Protest and gather' mentality is total crap.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
You know, I’m an old school IBEW Union man... took a non union job a few years ago... I would prefer we unionized and I can tell you I have a hunch it’s not the school boards...

I’d bet good money it’s the Teacher’s Unions holding up reopening.

my mother is an administrator at a local high school and my sister is a teacher. the union sent surveys to the teachers about going back. the teachers overwhelmingly voted to "stay safe at home". they also refused to go to the EMPTY classroom to teach from there. the district said they have better internet and more resources. teachers said nope, im good at home in my pjs. they also refused to work their normal 8-3 schedule that the district wanted to do. how many of you, working from home, can tell your boss you want your normal salary but only want to work 60-70% of your work schedule? lol. now they are only teaching 4 days a week. from 9-2. and no homework.
good thing is they are online with the kids via zoom all day now. unlike last semester where they would zoom for an hour or so, two days a week. at least my kids elementary school is. they also have a bunch of good apps up and running to use for class. the main LAUSD program, "schoolology" was overwhelmed yesterday and not working well. but everything else is.

its not better than in class learning though. one good thing though is im right here to smack him upside the head when he's not on task. instead of getting notes constantly from the teacher about him goofing off and being distracted etc... :confused: his teacher last year worked great with them. his new teacher (3rd grade) seems to be going a little crazy trying to keep order. im sitting here on my chromebook, 15 feet away, listening to her constantly scolding kids. she's been teaching for 28 years and is supposed to be one of the best (teaches gifted kids)

there are teachers who want to go back to in class teaching. like my mothers good friend who teaches honors english does. but it seems the majority are happy getting paid to chill at home and put in less work. some even argued about not being allowed to wear PJs while teaching. smh. one dumbass guy got in trouble for teaching while shirtless. (so i heard)

UTLA demanded to defund the school police. supposedly they didnt even ask their members. they just said it on their own. and they got what they wanted. LAUSD already sliced off a big chunk of the school police budget. the next day the chief resigned. supposedly they are only patrolling during the day time now. there has already been a ton of burglaries and vandalism at the schools. doh! wait till the next gang fight or school shooting. or kid who attacks a teacher and refuses to comply. send in the 5' tall overweight 60 year old counselor lady to bring him to the office lol.

LAUSD board are giant idiots but the union is to blame as well. i cant imagine how many parents in LA are ****ed right now because their kids are at home and both parents have to GO to work. imagine you wand your wife both work like dogs to be able to afford the stupid expensive rent and now your three kids have to be home all day and you have no friends or family in the area to help. people are pissed. of course the politicians tell them its trumps fault. we wouldnt be in this situation if he had done what he should have (which is??). lol.

and the teacher chatter on FB is that they think/hope the schools will be shut down all year or "until there is a cure". i said to my mom/sister, you know there may never be a vaccine right?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
my mother is an administrator at a local high school and my sister is a teacher. the union sent surveys to the teachers about going back. the teachers overwhelmingly voted to "stay safe at home". they also refused to go to the EMPTY classroom to teach from there. the district said they have better internet and more resources. teachers said nope, im good at home in my pjs. they also refused to work their normal 8-3 schedule that the district wanted to do. how many of you, working from home, can tell your boss you want your normal salary but only want to work 60-70% of your work schedule? lol. now they are only teaching 4 days a week. from 9-2. and no homework.
good thing is they are online with the kids via zoom all day now. unlike last semester where they would zoom for an hour or so, two days a week. at least my kids elementary school is. they also have a bunch of good apps up and running to use for class. the main LAUSD program, "schoolology" was overwhelmed yesterday and not working well. but everything else is.

its not better than in class learning though. one good thing though is im right here to smack him upside the head when he's not on task. instead of getting notes constantly from the teacher about him goofing off and being distracted etc... :confused: his teacher last year worked great with them. his new teacher (3rd grade) seems to be going a little crazy trying to keep order. im sitting here on my chromebook, 15 feet away, listening to her constantly scolding kids. she's been teaching for 28 years and is supposed to be one of the best (teaches gifted kids)

there are teachers who want to go back to in class teaching. like my mothers good friend who teaches honors english does. but it seems the majority are happy getting paid to chill at home and put in less work. some even argued about not being allowed to wear PJs while teaching. smh. one dumbass guy got in trouble for teaching while shirtless. (so i heard)

UTLA demanded to defund the school police. supposedly they didnt even ask their members. they just said it on their own. and they got what they wanted. LAUSD already sliced off a big chunk of the school police budget. the next day the chief resigned. supposedly they are only patrolling during the day time now. there has already been a ton of burglaries and vandalism at the schools. doh! wait till the next gang fight or school shooting. or kid who attacks a teacher and refuses to comply. send in the 5' tall overweight 60 year old counselor lady to bring him to the office lol.

LAUSD board are giant idiots but the union is to blame as well. i cant imagine how many parents in LA are ****ed right now because their kids are at home and both parents have to GO to work. imagine you wand your wife both work like dogs to be able to afford the stupid expensive rent and now your three kids have to be home all day and you have no friends or family in the area to help. people are pissed. of course the politicians tell them its trumps fault. we wouldnt be in this situation if he had done what he should have (which is??). lol.

and the teacher chatter on FB is that they think/hope the schools will be shut down all year or "until there is a cure". i said to my mom/sister, you know there may never be a vaccine right?

What an absolute dumpster fire

Users who are viewing this thread