FORD Allows Shelby Re-Sell with No Disclosure of Prior BuyBack

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
GT500Convert said:
I have bought over 300 vehicles in my day and restored hundreds.

It seems to me that you need a valium. It is just a car; it's just like the other 300 vehicles you have purchased, and the hundreds of cars you have restored.

You may need a lawyer. You may need an attorney when the Ford dealer sues you for defamation of character. You misled us with your statements in the earlier postings. You didn't really negotiate the purchase from the dealer, but you bought a contract to purchase from one of their employees.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
... You may need a lawyer...
My exact same thoughts, once a fourth party became involved.

It might not be a bad idea to consider getting acquainted with the terms and association of slander and libel. Perhaps the use of some dormant brain cells would likely persuade him to STFU and delete his posts from all the forums.

Lost_My_Shelby

Response to

Hello everyone: I'm the person that was the high bidder for the Shelby from Wendle Ford on EBay. Although at first I was surprised and concerned when GT500Convert told me about the problems he had identified with the car, after viewing the Shelby my only regret is that I don't own it.

Last night I was able to stop by Wendle to get an up close look at the car. The minor problems had been corrected, with the exception of the hood alignment and that is easily corrected. I wanted to purchase this car as an investment and after looking at it would have in a heart beat, if it wasn't for the negative comments on the Internet. Wendle Ford understood my concerns with all of the negative comments about this car on the Internet and without hesitation said they would keep the car and sell it to one of the other people waiting in line for a Shelby.

So I guess the losers in this story are just my wife and I. If we can find another 2007 Red GT500 Shelby convertible it's not going to be in Spokane because they are gone... :shrug:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
The PLOT Thickens.....Keith, how could you seriously purchase this car for an investment??? You would have to live for another 80 years!!!
yeah. No doubt. WHat the hell was he thinking?
:shrug:

cobra999

Established Member
I want to personally thank our long time Wendle Family customer for taking his time to come in and look at our Shelby. I do want to add that there was a deposit on the car from ebay that we were happy to refund him in a heart beat. I also want to thank this forum for it's feedback good or bad.

I will still try to find our customer the car of his dreams because making our customers happy is Job 1. I know there are other customers of ours in this web site that have bought Cobras from me on the Internet and I hope they are enyoing there cars.

Thanks Again!!!
Rick
Proud Wendle Employee:thumbsup:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
cobra999 said:
Wendle Ford is one of the only Dealers in the Northwest that chose not to add additional mark-up to these vehicles. All four Shelby GT 500s that were allocated to us were sold for MSRP.

why in the hell did a bad car(one that needed to be repaired) end up on ebay in the 1st place? that does not sound like a dealer that chose not to add additional mark up to the gt500?

Hello everyone: I'm the person that was the high bidder for the Shelby from Wendle Ford on EBay.

what is fords part in all this? if the car should not have left the plant, ford is the one that needs to foot the bill for the repair, not the dealer. why was the car not shipped back to ford at fords expense? so the dealer could make thousands more putting it up on ebay?

cobra999

Established Member
I will be happy to give you the Phone # @ Wendle Ford toll free 888-203-5669
I am the Internet Sales Manager Rick Greene here at Wendle for 8 yrs. Anyone want to bet? Ask the customer who came in and lost his Shelby.
I do work for Ford and proud of it!!!!
Thanks Again
Rick

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
cobra999 said:
... I also want to thank this forum for it's feedback good or bad...
I would be impressed if you weren't so pathetic.

What your dealer should have done is offer the car for MSRP to one of you loyal customers instead of being a greedy POS just like most Ford dealers.

The way I see it, you and the original GT500 vert owner deserve one another.

Last edited:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Rick....I think Wendle Ford should have sent this Shelby GT500 to another Ford dealer. That way when previous owner comes back, there is no bad taste in his mouth, and your dealership doesn't look like it's trying to sell " DEFECTIVE " product at a Profit!!! I'am only looking at it from the consumers view point.

WendleSales

ON D BIT said:
why in the hell did a bad car(one that needed to be repaired) end up on ebay in the 1st place? that does not sound like a dealer that chose not to add additional mark up to the gt500?

what is fords part in all this? if the car should not have left the plant, ford is the one that needs to foot the bill for the repair, not the dealer. why was the car not shipped back to ford at fords expense? so the dealer could make thousands more putting it up on ebay?

I happen to work in Sales at Wendle's other Store. This was discussed in our sales meeting this morning. As much as I hate to say it the high bidder was actually a shill bidder because Rick felt the car would go much higher.

Yes, We did sell our only other Shelby for MSRP to a very good customer. I am not so proud of the Internet Manager making up stories and ID's to bad mouth another very good customer. There is still a customer who ordered a different Shelby convertible which has been built but on hold because of similar problems to this convertible. I myself inspected this convertible and its problems were far from a scratch in the quarter panel. Other wise Ford would not have been involved in its buy back. Wendle Ford actually issued payment as instructed to do so by Ford. Ford would not have had this happen if only damage was a simple scratch as stated by Sales manager Rick.

This does not put Wendle Motors in a very good light having a manager come here to bad mouth a customer. I hope he sues them for all this store is worth and then some.

The talk here is Rick was actually out a 25% commision on the profit Wendle made on this vehicle. This is reason he has come here with such a big mouth and anger towards a good customer. From a MSRP for new to a 14k markup from invoice for a car with problems is not putting us in good light. Pretty much every employee in both stores is well aware of this situation. sad

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Bob...I'am not here to BASH Wendle Ford. There were better ways to remedy the situation. These kind of posts on the internet are not always kind. Hopefully all works out and both parties will be happy and post a follow up!!

cobra999

Established Member
Well who ever is posting these lies again about me are just that.. lies.
We tried to sell a used car on ebay. By the way I did this posting at no profit as I am salary. It is strange to me the GT500 covert has not been here to post a word about this since my first posting. hmmmmmmm.

Guys I'm done defending something that does not need defending. I only wanted to thank our customer who came in last night.

I did leave my phone # and real name in case anyone would like to contact me. When you bash my Ford store I will defend it. When you bash me it becomes more personal but I will not play the game.

Have a Great Night and thank you for being loyal Ford Customers!
Rick

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
cobra999 said:
... Guys I'm done defending something that does not need defending...
Good. You and your kind do not belong here or on any Mustang enthusiasts' forum anyway. The fact of the matter is you are despised for taking advantage of the very customers who support your products, as if the Mustang community is going to save Ford Motor Company and your individual shortcomings.

I hope you guys are enjoying your empty showrooms and transparent tent sales.

Last edited:

05GTOguy

Established Member
WOW......

Lost in all this mess is a car, which was banged up pretty good, and is still being sold to people with no clue about it's already storied past. How many people buying a GT500 want one damaged and repainted before it even leaves the dealers lot.....what kind of negative impact does this have on the cars current value? Why is it even being attemped to be sold at MSRP? It should be WAY marked down. If someone buys that car, then tries to trade it in a day later....the dealer would have a FIELD DAY pointing out all the blemishes in the paint (repainted) and knock huge $ off the value of the car.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
For all the fans of the dealership, the VIN of the car in question is noted several places on the net, and has been called out as one to watch. The people in question best hope that whatever person purchases the car for whatever the dealership can get is not an intelligent person who uses the internet and browses enthusiast forums. In short, careful what you type, the truth has many watchers....

Another good use of technology, catching the crooks redhanded.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WendleSales said:
I happen to work in Sales at Wendle's other Store. This was discussed in our sales meeting this morning. As much as I hate to say it the high bidder was actually a shill bidder because Rick felt the car would go much higher.

Yes, We did sell our only other Shelby for MSRP to a very good customer. I am not so proud of the Internet Manager making up stories and ID's to bad mouth another very good customer. There is still a customer who ordered a different Shelby convertible which has been built but on hold because of similar problems to this convertible. I myself inspected this convertible and its problems were far from a scratch in the quarter panel. Other wise Ford would not have been involved in its buy back. Wendle Ford actually issued payment as instructed to do so by Ford. Ford would not have had this happen if only damage was a simple scratch as stated by Sales manager Rick.

...The talk here is Rick was actually out a 25% commision on the profit Wendle made on this vehicle. ...From a MSRP for new to a 14k markup from invoice for a car with problems is not putting us in good light. Pretty much every employee in both stores is well aware of this situation. sad

wow!

the key is that the car failed inspection. once a car fails inspection that car should no longer be sold. the reason it was resold was becuase an open market bidding war would bring in more money, and a sales commission than just selling it back to ford at cost.:bash: in this light, wendle ford and the saleman/s just look greedy. :nonono:

where is the car now? did wendle ford sell it back to ford or to another unsuspecting customer?

Users who are viewing this thread