FORD Allows Shelby Re-Sell with No Disclosure of Prior BuyBack

lvecobras

Established Member
after reading all the comments made here, wow is all i can say, like we've been warned i'll just keep my comments to myself and keep reading as to what happens next.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
GT500Convert said:
... This dealership is acting like 12yr old kids hiding behind a computer. Rumor is they do not plan on making the replacement delivery a very nice one for me. They will do everything they can to go against what I want/expect...
The dealer might share your sentiments.

Check your PMs.

frankin

Established Member
I guess it depends who owns and runs the dealership. The one I go to has bent over backwards to do right by me. All dealerships are run by different types of people. If they are doing you wrong Ford wants to know about it.

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
I would think that FORD would let you take delivery from another dealer in your area. It doesn't make any sense to me that you would take delivery from WENDLE FORD!! Your just asking for " MORE " problems.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Holy madness...

I was duped by a dealership several years ago in a similar way. After fighting with several managers including the GM, the issue wasn't getting resolved. A letter from a lawyer and the dealership owner realizing we were related quickly solved the problem.

It really does sound like they scammed the hell out of you. I would have never taken the car home in that condition. I would have documented the issues with photographs & such, then brought the car to the dealership and left it there.

I believe you have every right to seek a refund for money you've lost, however I wouldn't be concerned about where this car ends up. Just hope the new owner wasn't as impatient as you to get the car home without inspecting it with a fine tooth comb. This right here is exactly what allowed me to get bent over and take it hard from a dealership. I trusted them, looked the car over quickly and had a blast driving it home, I was more concerned with driveline issues (my inexperience of buying new cars along with excitement). Turned out the car had a little accident that required every panel be replaced minus 1 door, which they skinned. (even the ROOF had work, but they wouldn't admit what happened).

My situation worked out for the best, I had the car for one year and upgraded to my Cobra.

Best wishes..

matstang

Choking YO MOMMA
Established Member
03snakerush said:
I'm glad I just bought a 2007 Corvette for $4850.00 UNDER invoice. Both the sales manager and the salesman have called after 2 weeks to make sure EVERYTHING is ok with the the car......Ford? You listening? F*cking doubt it..

WEAK! And You will still get YO AZZ SMOKED by a COBRA! lol! j/j

Last edited:

03SBSVT

Banned
firemanmike said:
Sorry to hear about all your problems, but an investment???? IMO you'd have a better chance of making some money (in 20 years) if you bought a Z06 and but it in a bubble. WTF are you thinking??? :shrug: :bash:
ahahaha x2

I bought a mustang GT,in 1997,my mother was with me. I traded a F150-Eddie-Bower on it and it was paid in full my F150. On the way home my mother and I heard a noise in the transmission,and at the same time we said take it back,and get your truck back. I put about a 150,miles on it total,with the return trip back to the dealership. Well first thing they said was they wanted to fix the transmission. I said I do not want this vehicle,and want my truck back. Well we went round and round,salesman/Mgr., said they sold my 1996-F150-Eddie-Bower. I said when i left it was closing time and you sold it. Well I went looking for it and you guessed it,they hid it with the wrecked salvage vehicles . Man when I came back after walking a good 700-feet or more with one good leg and the other with a prostic-Hip replacement,in the winter you know I was up-set. Well then I asked the salesman go get my truck that you said you sold after I left and showed him where it was hid so i could not find it. You see when I got home I left a message for the salesman that night I was bring the Gt back in the morning. I was there for 6:00-AM,in the morning. Well they made me buy my truck back on a trade in with the mustang and owing on a truck that was paid in full .I then said ok I buy it back,but the first Lawer I come across I will seek advise on this issue,refering when I got back to Lafayette,La.,. I was advised that Louisiana has a no trade act Law,which protects the consummer on the Lemon-LAW. Well my attorney wrote the letter,to Ford,Ford Motor=Credit-Dept.,and the Dealership. First Ford called me for how the transaction happened. I told them,and the next thing I find is my Title in my Mail-Box,then I received the $1,500.00,I put down from Ford,and cancleld the note I owed on the 1997 Mustang GT,and on my F150 that they made me buy back,with a cancled note on both vehicles. Ford did not mess around with this car,and the dealer had to settle with Ford not me. As of today I do not know what happened to the mustang GT,but it did not take Ford long to settle this up with me. I mean in like 3 months and I had my title back and the $1,500.00,from Ford. But if I would not have seeked legal advise I would have been stuck by this dealer. They told me I had not a leg to stand on ,you talk about got me fired up ,and responded with your right. I may have only one good leg,but we'll see how strong it is,refereing to the other leg had a hip replacement,and they did know that. But you need to get a Good Attorney,that you can really trust,and if it means driving a 100,miles to find one do it. Right is Right if every one is doing it,and wrong is wrong if everyone is doing it. Just my experience with a product that was sour from the first few miles on it. I thank God for listening to my Mother and Bring that car back as i did,the next day/morning. Just my experience with a dealership,but Ford was on the ball,they did not waste time or attorney fees to make me happy. Ford took care of me first class all the way,more then I can say for this dealer. I own a 2007 Shelby GT500-coupe/White/Blue-Lemans Stripes,and I love it.I had a 1996,1998,Cobra,2000,Lightning,and a 2003-S281Cobra#97,and as of now a 07/Shelby Gt500,that I've been waitting for since 1968,and my Dream car has finially in my possesion. Just my experience I thought I'd share,sorry for being long winded.

Last edited:

03snakerush

Established Member
matstang said:
WEAK! And You will still get YO AZZ SMOKED by a COBRA! lol! j/j

Would that be smoked by the 2003 Cobra I own as well?:-D The Vette has 400 hp from the factory and is lighter...who do you think would win?
Cobra top speed-159mph, Corvette top speed-186mph
Hmmmmm........:idea:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
I bought a mustang GT,in 1997,my mother was with me. I traded a F150-Eddie-Bower on it and it was paid in full my F150. On the way home my mother and I heard a noise in the transmission,and at the same time we said take it back,and get your truck back. I put about a 150,miles on it total,with the return trip back to the dealership. Well first thing they said was they wanted to fix the transmission. I said I do not want this vehicle,and want my truck back. Well we went round and round,salesman/Mgr., said they sold my 1996-F150-Eddie-Bower. I said when i left it was closing time and you sold it. Well I went looking for it and you guessed it,they hid it with the wrecked salvage vehicles . Man when I came back after walking a good 700-feet or more with one good leg and the other with a prostic-Hip replacement,in the winter you know I was up-set. Well then I asked the salesman go get my truck that you said you sold after I left and showed him where it was hid so i could not find it. You see when I got home I left a message for the salesman that night I was bring the Gt back in the morning. I was there for 6:00-AM,in the morning. Well they made me buy my truck back on a trade in with the mustang and owing on a truck that was paid in full .I then said ok I buy it back,but the first Lawer I come across I will seek advise on this issue,refering when I got back to Lafayette,La.,. I was advised that Louisiana has a no trade act Law,which protects the consummer on the Lemon-LAW. Well my attorney wrote the letter,to Ford,Ford Motor=Credit-Dept.,and the Dealership. First Ford called me for how the transaction happened. I told them,and the next thing I find is my Title in my Mail-Box,then I received the $1,500.00,I put down from Ford,and cancleld the note I owed on the 1997 Mustang GT,and on my F150 that they made me buy back,with a cancled note on both vehicles. Ford did not mess around with this car,and the dealer had to settle with Ford not me. As of today I do not know what happened to the mustang GT,but it did not take Ford long to settle this up with me. I mean in like 3 months and I had my title back and the $1,500.00,from Ford. But if I would not have seeked legal advise I would have been stuck by this dealer. They told me I had not a leg to stand on ,you talk about got me fired up ,and responded with your right. I may have only one good leg,but we'll see how strong it is,refereing to the other leg had a hip replacement,and they did know that. But you need to get a Good Attorney,that you can really trust,and if it means driving a 100,miles to find one do it. Right is Right if every one is doing it,and wrong is wrong if everyone is doing it. Just my experience with a product that was sour from the first few miles on it. I thank God for listening to my Mother and Bring that car back as i did,the next day/morning. Just my experience with a dealership,but Ford was on the ball,they did not waste time or attorney fees to make me happy. Ford took care of me first class all the way,more then I can say for this dealer. I own a 2007 Shelby GT500-coupe/White/Blue-Lemans Stripes,and I love it.I had a 1996,1998,Cobra,2000,Lightning,and a 2003-S281Cobra#97,and as of now a 07/Shelby Gt500,that I've been waitting for since 1968,and my Dream car has finially in my possesion. Just my experience I thought I'd share,sorry for being long winded.

Hey, whens that Shelby getting picked up by Saleen???????????????

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WendleSales said:
I happen to work in Sales at Wendle's other Store. This was discussed in our sales meeting this morning.

...I myself inspected this convertible and its problems were far from a scratch in the quarter panel. Other wise Ford would not have been involved in its buy back. Wendle Ford actually issued payment as instructed to do so by Ford. Ford would not have had this happen if only damage was a simple scratch as stated by Sales manager Rick.

The talk here is Rick was actually out a 25% commision on the profit Wendle made on this vehicle.

this is a pretty good statement as well.:idea:

I am not going to say much more about whats going on as still seeking an attorney except ONE THING.... I now have ABSOLUTE proof the dealer told me FORD was involved in buying car back!

Paid MSRP,Saleen making the arrangements to pick it up when a transport truck is in my area,Louisiana, delevering 07/model saleens,and the truck will do a turn around back to Irvine,Califirnia. They call me when it's on it's way to pick it up.

Last edited:

03snakerush

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Paid MSRP,Saleen making the arrangements to pick it up when a transport truck is in my area,Louisiana, delevering 07/model saleens,and the truck will do a turn around back to Irvine,Califirnia. They call me when it's on it's way to pick it up.

Congrats and good luck:beer:

Jbahoffman

Established Member
GT500Conv-----we havent heard from you in awhile.

Whats the latest on your Shelby GT500--get it yet(the replacement)

And whats the latest on the buy back????

Users who are viewing this thread