FORD Allows Shelby Re-Sell with No Disclosure of Prior BuyBack

cobra999

Established Member
Lost_My_Shelby said:
Hello everyone: I'm the person that was the high bidder for the Shelby from Wendle Ford on EBay. Although at first I was surprised and concerned when GT500Convert told me about the problems he had identified with the car, after viewing the Shelby my only regret is that I don't own it.

Last night I was able to stop by Wendle to get an up close look at the car. The minor problems had been corrected, with the exception of the hood alignment and that is easily corrected. I wanted to purchase this car as an investment and after looking at it would have in a heart beat, if it wasn't for the negative comments on the Internet. Wendle Ford understood my concerns with all of the negative comments about this car on the Internet and without hesitation said they would keep the car and sell it to one of the other people waiting in line for a Shelby.

So I guess the losers in this story are just my wife and I. If we can find another 2007 Red GT500 Shelby convertible it's not going to be in Spokane because they are gone... :shrug:

I feel bad for the customer because of your postings... he loved the car.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Lost_My_Shelby said:
Hello everyone: I'm the person that was the high bidder for the Shelby from Wendle Ford on EBay. Although at first I was surprised and concerned when GT500Convert told me about the problems he had identified with the car, after viewing the Shelby my only regret is that I don't own it.

Last night I was able to stop by Wendle to get an up close look at the car. The minor problems had been corrected, with the exception of the hood alignment and that is easily corrected. I wanted to purchase this car as an investment and after looking at it would have in a heart beat, if it wasn't for the negative comments on the Internet. Wendle Ford understood my concerns with all of the negative comments about this car on the Internet and without hesitation said they would keep the car and sell it to one of the other people waiting in line for a Shelby.

So I guess the losers in this story are just my wife and I. If we can find another 2007 Red GT500 Shelby convertible it's not going to be in Spokane because they are gone... :shrug:

Sorry to hear about all your problems, but an investment???? IMO you'd have a better chance of making some money (in 20 years) if you bought a Z06 and but it in a bubble. WTF are you thinking??? :shrug: :bash:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Take them to the cleaners on this. Letting them get away with it just lets them do it to someone else. I don't want that kind of experience when I buy in a year or two.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I find it incredibly entertaining that the Ford dealers try to come on here and explain themselves.

GT500 - I need answers from you regarding who you purchased the powerlease from and why you took delivery early? Was the car to be further inspected if you hadn't gone down yourself to the yard? I understand you have purchased cars through this dealership before and I can see that you wouldn't have started this fuss without due cause, but still.

Ford - Regardless of trying to make this situation "right", you're ****ed either way and I don't have ONE OUNCE of sympathy for you. You IMHO have misrepresented the Ebay auction to sell said "Shelby" in the wrong way. And to the poster who was supposed to be the winning bidder coming on here to bitch about how he "wished he had the car" - do you honestly think our members here try to decieve others on a whole? Come on. I saw the pictures GT500 took and you should thank him overall for alerting you to this "questionable" auction. If it turns out you should've had it that is one thing - but at least you were alerted to all of this drama BEFORE you purchased it.

We need more information though. If I'm wrong on my assumptions then so be it. But this is just ANOTHER sad Ford Dealership story and it doesn't suprise me. IMHO the DEALERSHIPS as a whole across the country are destroying the name. In Northern Virginia when I drive into Ted Britt Ford the first f**king question I'm asked is if I want to trade my pristine 96 in. NO. If I wanted to trade her in I would bring it up. This type of swindle bitch ass con artist bullshit is what turns me off from ford. I've experienced it in Mass and VA.

Granted I know there are AWESOME local smaller dealerships I have dealt with. They are awesome, mostly family owned, and super attentive to their customers. I miss that. So I'm not trying to degrade all dealerships, but as a whole they have a lot of work to do. I'm just tired of hearing of bullshit like this and people not giving a shit. Act like goddamn human beings! (on both sides depending on where this goes)

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
one thing is for certain, they did not try at all to post a true description of the car in the last ebay auction...it wasn't until a bunch of noise was made that the seller added additional comments. That in itself is pretty shady.

re: investment

yeah, another dealer trick used on the ignorant in ebay adds to suck anyone wanting one as dry as possible. I love this car, but IMO having the SVT and cobra badges and throw in some Shelby only hurts this cars chance at ever being a collectors item...add that to the fact that the Shelby GT will be an even truer "shelby" vehicle w/ less that 10k produced...and that there my friends is the only car w/ a remote chance in hell of being worth something 20 yrs down the road

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Guys:

I am this = close to closing and moving this thread. If you have no clue what the hell is going on in this transaction, there is no need for you to put your unnecessary two cents in! :nono:

If you work at the dealer, purchased the car, saw the car in person or made an offer on the car feel free to continue to plead your case. All others butt out!

Thank you!

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
All the vins posted for the car have been cleaned, or the dealer never even "sold" the car. I guess the terms "back out the deal" means took the car back, destroyed the paper work and act as if the car never had issues.

The vin comes back 0 history with 0 owners. That must be the way of getting around the title brand.

VIN: 1ZVHT89S775233431
Year: 2007
Make: Ford
Model:
Style/Body: Unspecified
Engine:
Country of Assembly: United States

AutoCheck Record Summary:
AutoCheck has located 0 records for this vehicle in the National Vehicle Database. At this time we are unable to provide any vehicle history for the VIN you have requested. Please check back at a later date when information may be available.

Thank you for using AutoCheck!

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
AC, I understand your frustration but in all honesty this WAS posted on an SVT forum therefore welcoming opinions and suggestions. I too hope this gets settled for both their sakes!

:)

realtruth

If they are so bad then why did you want to work at that dealer when their are a 100 other dealers in the area. You loved Wendle before the incident, what happened. And why are you not bad mouthing other dealers for their $10,000 to $20,000 markups.

Users who are viewing this thread