Ford Service Tech Abuses Mustang - CAUGHT ON TAPE

Elwood617

Established Member
I wish I could say the same, I really do. But if something needs to be fixed and it's covered under warranty I don't see any way around it besides paying out of pocket myself. My car is going in for a minor tsb on Monday for the vent cap on the axle and this thread has me nervous and trying to think of a way to make sure my car doesn't get abused.

Of anything breaks, I'll fix it myself with better parts so it doesn't break again. I'm going to make an overflow tank for the pumpkin.
I will never let a dealer touch my car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How many of you remember when Race Rat had her Sonic Blue Terminator taken out for a high speed joyride by a Ford dealership employee... who then bragged about it on the internet. He got raped and lost his job...

U.M.
LOL! We think alike U.M. I saw this thread this morning and instantly throught of what Tracey went through. That was epic!

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
I wish I could say the same, I really do. But if something needs to be fixed and it's covered under warranty I don't see any way around it besides paying out of pocket myself. My car is going in for a minor tsb on Monday for the vent cap on the axle and this thread has me nervous and trying to think of a way to make sure my car doesn't get abused.

I'd just stick a gopro in the back window and turn it on with extended battery and a 64 gig card. Should be enough for an hour or two of continuous video depending on resolution you choose. Don't know if that would be enough for you, depending on if you can hang out while they do it or not.

clean92lx

Established Member
I'd just stick a gopro in the back window and turn it on with extended battery and a 64 gig card. Should be enough for an hour or two of continuous video depending on resolution you choose. Don't know if that would be enough for you, depending on if you can hang out while they do it or not.

I don't have a go pro and the dealer is saying I need to leave the car for a few days which is stupid for them to need a few days to replace a little cap in my axle in the first place

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I don't have a go pro and the dealer is saying I need to leave the car for a few days which is stupid for them to need a few days to replace a little cap in my axle in the first place

I always document the mileage before leaving my Cobra anywhere.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
ford%20fusion%20hybrid%20valet%20mode-thumb-717x477-74975.jpg

MNCobra

Established Member
very sad..hope the owner of the car gets justice...wish i could see the video but i am sure it would make me more paranoid about any dealer service...

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I was told that Florida is a dual consent state with the exception of your home or vehicle.

sav03cobra

Established Member
+1

Also i know it was mentioned that Florida is a dual consent state but doesnt that negate the point of catching someone doing something? How do convenient stores and retail stores get away with it?

Could you post a sticker on your inner window stating that you're being recorded? Then that would state that they are aware if it was clearly visible.....would'nt it?

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
I'm waiting to hear from the local community since im in Florida close to this dealer. I'd like to see the video, i cant believe nobody has it ripped from youtube :(

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Didn't something like this happen to a ZL1 owner? I believe the car was crashed and the dealer didn't wanna pay a penny. They offered him a used ZL1 with more miles close to what he paid for a new one. Financed of course.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We tried this once...

But our reason was a little different. It had a rod knock and was out of warranty by about 6k miles, we KNEW we could get it covered under warranty if it was a catastrophic failure. Couldn't get it to blow up, still got the manufacturer to pay for 90% of it though. Customer was very pleased. New long block installed for $600!

I'd rather not say the company or the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread