FRPP Forged 5.4 shortblocks $2700.00

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I can understand about the CASH!! I bought the canton pan/windage tray, GT-500 oil pump and head studs today. Next month I hope to get Trick flow heads or maybe MMR race port heads?? I want a 600 horse daily driver!

My break in tune made just over 400whp on a mustang dyno. Mind you, this is an extremely conservative tune, bone stock eaton, plenum, and TB, #12psi and the engine/cams have yet to settle in. On top of that, the stock injectors were starting to run out too so it still had a little more in it. I've heard of people picking up 30-40whp after the cams set. Once I throw the high-flow cats on I should pick some power back up as well.

I'm hoping once the engine is broken in a little more and I can get that boost up to 16-18psi with fuel to boot, I can make some decent power on an eaton setup :) We'll see!

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Only four of these left at FRPP as of today guys :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the business, it's always a pleasure helping you guys out.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
My break in tune made just over 400whp on a mustang dyno. Mind you, this is an extremely conservative tune, bone stock eaton, plenum, and TB, #12psi and the engine/cams have yet to settle in. On top of that, the stock injectors were starting to run out too so it still had a little more in it. I've heard of people picking up 30-40whp after the cams set. Once I throw the high-flow cats on I should pick some power back up as well.

I'm hoping once the engine is broken in a little more and I can get that boost up to 16-18psi with fuel to boot, I can make some decent power on an eaton setup :) We'll see!

Hahaha dude you have plenty of injector left.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Maybe its something else, but the tune was def running lean :)

Runs like a beast though. I can't wait for the break-in to be over and some cats to be on (so its not so damned loud). I'm dieing to get into the throttle.

This thing revs and builds boost ridiculously quick. By the time I realize that I'm into the gas too much, I'm already busting 5k rpms.

RMoore92

Established Member
No idea :D I just want to see what I can get out of it and how long it'll last :) Maybe what it'll take to spin the shit out of an eaton and keep IAT's reasonably low (Like a killer chiller setup).

Over spinning the blower can actually result in less power. The blower should have a range where it makes the most power. Get it on a dyno and find out where that range is!

TBSGTP

Established Member
I picked my motor up from the shipping company today......
They were going to deliver it tomorrow but I got out of work early
and I decided I would just drive up and get it myself. (Im impatient lol)
It was just like Christmas today. And yes the gf took a pic of my hugging
it already. Thanks again to Steve.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I picked my motor up from the shipping company today......
They were going to deliver it tomorrow but I got out of work early
and I decided I would just drive up and get it myself. (Im impatient lol)
It was just like Christmas today. And yes the gf took a pic of my hugging
it already. Thanks again to Steve.

Engines need love too.:beer:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
These are gone :(

They do still have the M-6009-C54SC4 which does work with 2v or 4v heads but is set up for a GT500 water pump.

I just called FRPP and apparently the difference is that the GT500 has the coolant outlet on the front of the pump rather than through the block behind the water pump.

The guy at the tech line said that basically all you'd have to do is knock out the plug in the back of the water pump housing and insert the Lightning style outlet tube.

Hopefully that makes sense :beer:

BTW- The short block I was just reffering to has the same price $2700.00 :)

Last edited:

demonatv

Established Member
how much HP can those handle..

and how much money would it be for the Lightning hook up..

pipejob1

Established Member
Sb

Does anyone have a updates on their fordracing shortblocks. There were alot of them sold. I would like to here how hard they are being pushed. I am thinking about buying one. And new info would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread