GatorBack

Bruin08

Established Member
Anybody ever heard or have experience with the GatorBack belt. The proab that I am having is my s/c belt is slipping and its squeaking. I was told this will fix both of those proablems

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I went through two gates belts with squeaking after I went to a 2.76 pulley and BF 4 piece idlers. I got a gatorback and it has been squeak free for 2000 miles.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Have a 74" GatorBack belt on with my 2.93 pulley. Just using the factory idlers and tensioner as well. It is very snug and does not slip one bit...

bigmoose

Established Member
what is your pulley setup? I had a 4#/2.76 billetflow with all the idlers and my gatorback slipped like a bastard above 4500. it was damn tight too. The only good thing about it is it sounded nice. I went with a gates belt and never had any issues.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I loved my Gatorback (s), until my most recent one started slipping really bad. That was my fault, though for being too conservative on the length. I ended up replacing it with a gates, because that is all I could get quickly, and I don't like it because it is very noisy. It makes a whining sound even at low rpm, when not in boost. At first I thought it was kind of cool because it sounds like a 6-71 blower, but it gets old after awhile.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I personally don't care fore the gatorback. My first belt squeaked when cold and then broke in half at 3 weeks. I'm running a twin screw at 10-11 psi, so its not getting the isht worked out of the belt. They are noisy, and my choice would be gates style of belt.

Bruin08

Established Member
My setup is very simple. Everything under the hood is stock except for the K&N Air Filter that came with the car and also I just changed the Coil Packs out today. Other than that all the pullies are stock. I plan on in the future changing the s/c pulley to get a little bit more hp but as of right now I want to stop the belt from slipping because I am losing so much freaking hp and stop the squeaking. So every pulley is stock.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Stock belt is 75.1 " for the supercharger, I have had nothing but great experiences with Motorcraft and Gates. If I ever have issues, I'll give the Gatorback a shot...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a squeeking/chirping issue with Gates belts, switched to the Gatorback, and never had another belt issue. So Gatorbacks were my belt of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread