Getting My McLaren Wrapped Tomorrow

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Have I? No. Do countless shops wrap countless quarter million dollar cars weekly? Yes. If this was damaging the paint, I don't think they would be doing this.

...and I agree. Someone getting their mustang wrapped for $1,200....they are getting shit quality. When you drop 10K for the best shop in LA to disassemble your supercar, door panels off, wing off, etc, they do a quality job and it shouldn't have any effect on the paint.

Our shop has repaired quite a few 10k+ plus car wraps. It really is a crap shoot on how the paint is preserved underneath. I will say at best, its not 100%.

OP: its alright, but no way i would wrap a car like that for multiple reasons. Have at it though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Everybody has a strong feeling one way or the other.

I wrapped my Miata in a color changing vinyl. Cost me $500. If people think that's gay, so be it.

I think that it is not gay, like when you multiply two negative numbers and it becomes positive.

Miata(gay) x Color Change Wrap(gay) = Not gay wrapped miata.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I think that it is not gay, like when you multiply two negative numbers and it becomes positive.

Miata(gay) x Color Change Wrap(gay) = Not gay wrapped miata.

No, negative sir..... when you add 2 gays, it turns into super gay.

miata-gay.jpg

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
All of us Have to expect when we post up on a public forum that we might receive some different opinions. Some good, some bad. OP has been here long enough to know that. I suspect the passion around most of these comments is not based in jealousy. It is how one conducts and portrays themself (CEO personalized plate). There are numerous people on this forum that could pay cash for a Mclaren (not finance). You would never know it. I know for a fact one person in this thread who shall remain nameless (not Treynor) has the amount on hand in old mason jars. You would never know it because he never comes off that way in his posts.

My point is some humility goes a long way. The OP seems like a nice guy. If I recall he is a decorated veteran for which I have great respect. I just think he would get less flack if he acted like a “broke ass mustang owner” than an exotic connoisseur.
Boom! I think you pinpointed the issue...

ajaf1656

Established Member
Is not liking a rainbow bright color on a car really jealousy? No offense to anyone who has a Mystichrome, but back they were new, I got myself kicked off another Mustang forum for making fun of them too.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Galactic Burst looks sick!

I wonder if the people who had issues when removing the wraps were using vinyl wraps that weren't made for wrapping vehicles?
Or
Did their cars have poor paint jobs from the very beginning?

I want to wrap my shelby eventually but if people are having issues with the wraps specifically made to wrap cars, I will have to re-think that idea.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Galactic Burst looks sick!

I wonder if the people who had issues when removing the wraps were using vinyl wraps that weren't made for wrapping vehicles?
Or
Did their cars have poor paint jobs from the very beginning?

I want to wrap my shelby eventually but if people are having issues with the wraps specifically made to wrap cars, I will have to re-think that idea.

I just don't think automotive paint is designed with that use in mind. Look at how many paint defects are found on mustangs etc, with it bubbling and or flaking right off the delivery truck. You put that vinyl down then try to remove it a few years later, all nice and baked on, those defects pull right up with it.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
hahaha...different group of people on this forum...the mclaren guys are all drooling over it...lolololol.
It’s your car, and I admire your ability to go through great cars like shit-tickets, then move on. Cars I recall you having were: a GT500, an RS7, a Mercedes S63 (I think), and a few other that I’m sure I missed. That is in the last 5 years if memory serves. Go your own way.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s your car, and I admire your ability to go through great cars like shit-tickets, then move on. Cars I recall you having were: a GT500, an RS7, a Mercedes S63 (I think), and a few other that I’m sure I missed. That is in the last 5 years if memory serves. Go your own way.

Let me help and translate:

Wrap is gay; please dont.

Users who are viewing this thread