Got beat BAD!!!

skunk50

Established Member
I lined up at a light last year with a black GN. Extremely clean and look perfect...old guy....retired looking...probably has lots of time and some money....so I knew I was gonna get my ass handed to me.

I was only in my mid 13's Mustang, but what the heck. Ok, so he beats the heck out of me by about 5 cars after 3rd gear. First thing he says to me at the next light was that I "got beat by a 6".....as if I didn't know what he was driving...and that there aren't 4-cyl DSMs sporting 500whp with the stock block. These guys live to say these "6 beat 8" lines. So just to mess with him, I said "damn that's a FAST Monte Carlo". :D He said, this is a Buick GN with GNX trimmings. I said, "yeah I know...how much boost?" :D And he gives me a dirty ass look.

QuickWE4

Established Member
Yeah, some guys take that "6 beats an 8" thing to the extreme.

Truth is, there's always somebody out there that's faster than you, so I like to give respect to all car guys, ricer or not. You never know what you're lining up against :)

Rich

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Originally posted by WDW MKR

Hey Raven..... It'll be hard to read that "RAVEN 87" when it's backwards in my rear view mirror ;-)

:thumbsup:

Well, right now that would most likely be the case since I'm essentially stock. Still, a heads up race could be interesting since there are so many variables.

But - let's see what happens next spring after I get those mods installed we've talked about. ;-) After that, I suppose I could let you have the roll - you know, just to make it fair and all. :-D

WDW MKR

Established Member
Now we're talking mods, eh? You sure you want to open that door? Seems I'm stock, as well. Not even an adjustable wastegate to my benefit. :-D To make it fair, we'll just go mod for mod...... which means you might wanna reconsider giving me that roll! :beer:

Last edited:

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Now we're talking mods, eh? You sure you want to open that door? Seems I'm stock, as well. Not even an adjustable wastegate to my benefit. :-D To make it fair, we'll just go mod for mod...... which means you might wanna reconsider giving me that roll! :beer:

Hmmm... so now that you've got that 2.80 pulley, I guess I'll just have to up the ante some, eh? Can't wait to see what that does to the beast!

Perhaps you'll give me the roll now? :idea:

WDW MKR

Established Member
You've certainly opened the Pandora's Box now, eh?! :-D Guess Amazon will be getting a call about the chip and pulley puller tomorrow! Goodbye, warranty..... Besides, what's a warranty worth when I wouldn't trust the service techs with my Accord, anyhow?!
Next week is going to a fun install!

I'll give ya that roll until the 44 and V4 show up! :beer: Of course, I could always just sabotage that tune of yours....... hmmmm, knowledge is such a dangerous thing! ya, sure...... 50lbs of static fuel pressure is what you need! ;-)

Last edited:

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member

I'll give ya that roll until the 44 and V4 show up! :beer: Of course, I could always just sabotage that tune of yours....... hmmmm, knowledge is such a dangerous thing! ya, sure...... 50lbs of static fuel pressure is what you need! ;-)

Actually, I'm looking at a 60 series turbo with all the trimmings, including a converter. :eek:

Should make it interesting! Will you be getting the other stuff for your '03 this week? I can't wait to see it run and I'm hoping to make it to Norwalk for part of it (not taking my car though) just to see some great action.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Ya, I knew about the 6xC turbo....... thought I'd play it down in case you were keeping secret! Considering an alky kit, or are you gonna do the dreaded race fuel dance??

Order will be placed Monday morning. Rick sees no problem with everything being here by midweek. :thumbsup: It's gonna be a slip'n'slide on street tires, but it'll sure be fun. Not gonna bother with tires until next season. MPH should be pretty killer, though!

There will be some heavy hitters there on Friday. Should be a great time!! :beer:

Last edited:

BuickGN

Established Member
Originally posted by skunk50
I lined up at a light last year with a black GN. Extremely clean and look perfect...old guy....retired looking...probably has lots of time and some money....so I knew I was gonna get my ass handed to me.

I was only in my mid 13's Mustang, but what the heck. Ok, so he beats the heck out of me by about 5 cars after 3rd gear. First thing he says to me at the next light was that I "got beat by a 6".....as if I didn't know what he was driving...and that there aren't 4-cyl DSMs sporting 500whp with the stock block. These guys live to say these "6 beat 8" lines. So just to mess with him, I said "damn that's a FAST Monte Carlo". :D He said, this is a Buick GN with GNX trimmings. I said, "yeah I know...how much boost?" :D And he gives me a dirty ass look.

I'm guilty of using the 6 beats 8 line but I only use it to piss people off. We have a local Corvette club with a lot of "old timers" that stick their noses up at us becuause we drive 6 bangers. You can damn well bet when I got done beating on them (the ones that would acually race) I used the line. I had too many months of harassment not to. The only other time was when one of my friends suckered an old guy in a Viper GTS to race my car. Afterward the guy went off teling everyone I had $20,000 into my motor plus nitrous so I had to let him know his V10 just got broken of by a POS 6 cylinder with less than $2,000 in mods and over 100,000 miles on the clock.

I'm a firm believer in run what ya brung. If I use the 6 cylinder line it's just to piss people off.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Damn, tough luck but sure with some mods that wont happen again...and the guy was probably modded out the A** on that GNX

96 Cobra:
SHM Block
Vortech S Trim w/aftercooler
Long Tubes/X pipe/Flows
Etc Etc 4K in other mods

90GT:
wont start with that list

BuickGN

Established Member
Originally posted by SSlayer96
Damn, tough luck but sure with some mods that wont happen again...and the guy was probably modded out the A** on that GNX

96 Cobra:
SHM Block
Vortech S Trim w/aftercooler
Long Tubes/X pipe/Flows
Etc Etc 4K in other mods

90GT:
wont start with that list

Mods may help but it would take something serious to beat a 700hp GN. For one they put the power down to the ground very well on stock susupension. Two, they're lighter, and three, if it was making 700hp I can guarantee the torque figure was near 1,000lbs.

Hell, one of our GNs only dyno'd 476hp to the wheels but somehow put a hurting on a 520rwhp Mustang. Then again the GN made nearly 200lbs more torque. Not a flame, just some people don't realie the GNs make way more torque than hp and they don't weigh two tons like most people believe.

SuperSix

I've never used the "Beat by six" line, but I get a few chuckles when they see my license plate. :D

IHADAV8

The worst spanking I got was from a nice notch back.. I had it floored, and he just kept pulling on me.. After he beat me, I followed him and met him. Really nice guy, turned out to be a nice sleeper.. Stroker w/ a huge NOS shot. I shook his hand, and we both expressed a good respect of each other.. I find more problematic Chebbie drivers than I do Ford guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread