Got chased down by a 5.0

Jack Burton

Established Member
Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

9950117.jpg

THAITED

Established Member
+1. There are some ignorant 5.0 owners out there who give us the worst reputation.

I'd be freaking out if i saw a modified 2v on the streets, not hating on it. Didnt the 5.0 owner hear the whine from your supercharger?

My Paxton is fairly quiet besides his exhaust was loud plus the running mouth. I doubted if he heard anything.

We're in the same area, had a similar run in with a dark blue 5.0, while in the Firehawk. Wonder if it is that small of a world... Oh well it was a cool story. :thumbsup:

Who knows very small world indeed. :beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Thank you I'm in bay area SF/SJ. if I ever make it down south I'll let you know. It will be nice for some friendly run. I don't run anyone here at all too much to loose if I'm caught. I don't have anything against 5.0.

As a matter of fact, I like to get one too but later...way later (Boss 302). Money is kinda tight right now. See at the end, we are all driving Mustangs. I don't make fun of any other drivers no matter what brand they drive.

I've just looked at your sig and didn't realize that the coyote response to power adder that well.:beer: Is your internals still stock? Ford did the homework on this one. Look at mine I've to get a fully built engine to achieve that.:rockon:

Hell ya man. I am definitely not calling you out or anything. I would really like to see your car in person, sounds bad ass.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

Wait..did you respond to dispute his statement or back it up? :lol:

THAITED

Established Member
Hell ya man. I am definitely not calling you out or anything. I would really like to see your car in person, sounds bad ass.

Sure I'll hit you up. Nothing special on my car especially the engine bay. It looks like shit. I did most of the works myself that's why. My neighbor even made fun of me about it. He said "you don't care about the way it looks do you, as long as it runs hah."

SlowYellow

Established Member
Ignorance?

Guys like you are the reason why terminator owners like beating up on the new 5.0's. Well not really on the 5.0's, just owners like you. You really could have gotten your point across a little more tactful. How do you know that this guy didn't get his NE brand new, and modify it little by little? Maybe it was his first car that has sentimental value. Maybe he doesn't want to drop 40K on a well equipped new 5.0.

Maybe you aren't a douche 5.0 owner, but you sure sound like it here.

OP, nice kill. Love to hear about underdog stories, especially when the other guy was being an ass.

THAITED

Established Member
^^^^Thanks I bought this car brand new. It was the only Mustang available at a time (No 2000 Cobra was made and the 99 has problem). If the 5.0 was made available at a time, I would have bought it too. Unfortunately, Ford didn't make them back then.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Have not had a new 5.0 ballsy enough to run me. Usually its the retarded new Camaro guys. Most 5.0 i have seen wont even look over at me. Oh well, eventually I will get to run a hopefully modded one as stock or boltons is like kicking puppies.

M3AN COYOT3

Established Member
good read! Glad there are more stang drivers like you,, seems like that kid should be driving a civic!
My dad is a huge Ford/Mustang guy,, he wants to dis own me for owning two Jap cars in the past.. LOL any ways, even driving my Evo I get every one and their mothers wanting to race,, its a joke, esp when they think they could win ;)

Glad you kept your cool, keep er safe man!!

jas11151990

Established Member
I would like to personally apologize on the behalf of most 5.0 owners, some of us are total retards. I personally would never laugh at another ride, you just never know what's under the hood.

I agree 10000% .. good kill, he deserved it

THAITED

Established Member
Nice kill bro, it's to bad those idiots were in a 5.0. So where in the bay area are you in?

Thanks, I usually hang in SJ and Fremont area, how about you? I didn't expect those comments from a fellow stanger but this one could be a ricer in disguise, jkd.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Ignorance?

I've seen so many of these types of responses from 5.0 owners that I just come to expect it. :rollseyes So what if a car isn't faster stock. Thats the point of modding.

OP good kill.

kbroush

Established Member
Thats a good story. I had the same thing happen about four years ago with a S197 3valve gt. He was talking shit so I finally raced him. Little did he know I have a built engine with a little kenne bell on top of it. He didnt pull back up to me after the slaughtering either.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Ignorance?

So you think your all tough with your blown 5.0 huh?!? This is laughable, a single **** shall not given to people like you that think your high on the food chain. It takes a real gear head to appreciate all years, and makes, and true understanding what it takes to go fast. you need a wake up call fast! Cool! You got an efficient engine on top of a blower :rollseyes: like thats so hard to do. This is why the 99% of us love being the underdogs because people like you think your hot shyt. I can't wait to finish my car and murder cars like yours on the road with the typical arrogant I know it all about mustangs, and im superior attitude.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread