Got chased down by a 5.0

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

Congrats! You know how to read an Internet page talking about how new GT's make 400whp with a tune and intake. How much does one have to spend to acquire one of those new 5ohs? Oh 30k dollars that's about double to triple what most of us new edge guys have in a car. You'd seem to think the older guys who can afford the new mustangs would respect the younger kids with the older GT's who are putting blowers on. I guess as you guys get older and can buy these new super lightning fast cars you forget about the fact you probably putt around in a fox body when you were a teenager with a measly 220 to the crank and thought you were billy bad ass as well.

THAITED

Established Member
True car Guy or any true Guy only need to know one word "respect." If you want to know who's been helping me working on my car, my neighbor, a Chevy Guy. He doesn't care what I drive you see. We have the same hobby and that's what matter.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
A.) Nice kill and sorry for all of the lack of respect from the 5.0 guys . I started with a '94 and built it up. I know what it means to make a car your own, and
have more respect for you than some dousche that just buys a "fast car"

B.) If 5.0 s never loose, than what happens if a 5.0 races a 5.0??

C.) Isn't your car a 5.1 op?? Seems if size matters (and no matter what you hear, it does) yours is bigger. So there, to all the 5.0 owners, op's may be older, but it is bigger.

THAITED

Established Member
A.) Nice kill and sorry for all of the lack of respect from the 5.0 guys . I started with a '94 and built it up. I know what it means to make a car your own, and
have more respect for you than some dousche that just buys a "fast car"

B.) If 5.0 s never loose, than what happens if a 5.0 races a 5.0??

C.) Isn't your car a 5.1 op?? Seems if size matters (and no matter what you hear, it does) yours is bigger. So there, to all the 5.0 owners, op's may be older, but it is bigger.

Thank you, yes it's a 5.1 so it's slightly larger than the 5.0. To me it's a Mustang that I like and that's all that matters. It may not have the new look and the new technology but it packs enough punch to make some cocky drivers feel silly.:beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Thank you, yes it's a 5.1 so it's slightly larger than the 5.0. To me it's a Mustang that I like and that's all that matters. It may not have the new look and the new technology but it packs enough punch to make some cocky drivers feel silly.:beer: :rockon:

No doubt it packs a punch, I happen to love the new edge cars ( ive had four) I just had the good fortune to get a deal on my '13. People forget how good those cars can be. Sometimes they need a reminder. I used to love surprising ls1 drivers in my 01 gt, underdogs are much more fun, now I can't get a stock ss to even race me. The real underestimation here is how much fun you can have in a ne stang.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
True car Guy or any true Guy only need to know one word "respect." If you want to know who's been helping me working on my car, my neighbor, a Chevy Guy. He doesn't care what I drive you see. We have the same hobby and that's what matter.

Thats what it should really be about! I love being around cars in general, and would love to help anyone out working on them given the opportunity. There sure seems to be alot of d-bags on the roads lately with zero respect.

I remember just taking my car out of the garage and some punk yelled "do a burnout". I just shook my head, as I'm not into burnout and my engine was still cold. He then said, "c'mon man why don't you let your ball drop a bit".:mj: I nicely said, "how about I get out of the car and we'll see whos balls will drop!".

This lack of respect happens everyday all over, and theres living proof of it in this thread. Great kill OP.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
No doubt it packs a punch, I happen to love the new edge cars ( ive had four) I just had the good fortune to get a deal on my '13. People forget how good those cars can be. Sometimes they need a reminder. I used to love surprising ls1 drivers in my 01 gt, underdogs are much more fun, now I can't get a stock ss to even race me. The real underestimation here is how much fun you can have in a ne stang.

I'll be honest I normally don't feel threatened by a NE unless I hear it whining. Definitely underestimated cars. :beer:

Klay

Established Member
Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

Man why did you have to come in and ruin the thread? The guys in the 5.0 were jerks and im glad thaited put them in their place. Who cares how fast new edge gt's are stock or mildly modified? His gt is modified enough to beat a good portion of 5.0 's on the road. Just say good kill and move along.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The OP car makes 590 RWHP and he's worried about a 5.0 ? Hell he can take most GT500's with that setup. Great kill but I'm a little confuse of why this outcome was not a surprise ? Sure the 5.0 guys were running their mouths, but most people who do not know car setups like to talk crap.

Cannot judge a car by what it looks like on the outside. We have a guy in our garage that calls himself Madcow*.....Runs a EK civic with a fully built HK22(prelude) engine in the car. Car is braced, suspension updated, and hardened all the way around. I have seen him destroy a lot of v8's and hurt their feeling with that setup. Like I said, you have to know what your getting into sometimes.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
On my way out from Subway parking lot, I noticed a blue 11/12, 5.0 was behind me about 5-6 cars. Once in the street, the 5.0 gave chased. He came up to me pretty quick on the left side. I thought he was going to fly by me but he just sat next to me. As we hit the red lights, he start revving at me.

He got my attention alright, his exhaust was hell of loud (shook the inside of my car). As I looked, the passenger said "Your car is slow man." Bwhahahaaaa...... He turned to the driver and said "hey that year is slow right." The driver said "Yes, it's a joke man my dad's Maxima can beat it easy." bwahhaaaaaa.....

I was pretty pissed :fm: but I kept my cool. As the light turned green, the 5.0 took off like a bat out of hell but I didn't follow. (I just don't race anymore. I don't want any trouble). About an 1/8 mile ahead, he waited for me. Once I got next to him, the laughing began again. The passenger yelled "look he's scared man....." bwhaaaaaaaa. He then said "want some...." and laugh.

That's it I had it:fm::mj: so I yelled out "lets go dip sh*ts..... We were rolling about 35 mph and I was in 2nd gear. The 5.0 matted the throttle, so did I. The passenger has a funny look on his face seeing my car next to him. I started gaining on the top of 2nd. Once I hit third, the beating began......his car disappeared from the side of my car then magically re-appeared in my rearview mirrow... :D

By 4th, his car got smaller and smaller so I let off the throttle. In my mind I kept thinking.... Wow how could a slow ass yesteryear GT of mine destroying the almighty 5.0 :rollseyes. Yes it happened indeed......

This time, I waited for him to come up but he didn't. As I looked, the 5.0 has a right turn signal on and disappeared into a nearby parking lot. I guessed the race was over then. I don't race a lot but this one was worth every single minute of it. The only thing I didn't like is for them to talk sh*t at me. I wouldn't been surprise if this would came from a ricer.....:bash::poke:

This is standard 5.0 douchebaggery ive seen in this area.

People wonder why im so against the owners of the new 5.0, as they are so like the owners of the last 5.0 its unreal.

Ive yet to meet an owner of one what was halfway as humble as even the most douchey terminator/GT500 owners.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Have not had a new 5.0 ballsy enough to run me. Usually its the retarded new Camaro guys. Most 5.0 i have seen wont even look over at me. Oh well, eventually I will get to run a hopefully modded one as stock or boltons is like kicking puppies.

Bahahahaha... LOLZ

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I would like to personally apologize on the behalf of most 5.0 owners, some of us are total retards. I personally would never laugh at another ride, you just never know what's under the hood.

THIS!!!! ****in asshole's. They must have seen the video's of the coyote and got super confident. I feel very bad when fellow mustang owners talk down to other mustangs. It just really gets to me. Like bro we're on the same team.:nonono: :cuss: :fm: :mj:

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I don't understand why so many 5.0 guys are d-bags. I know 5.0s can be beat, I beat several in my GTO before I bought one, and I got beat by an fbody LS1 a few weeks ago. No point in talking smack. I'd figure any real car guy would hear your blower anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread