Got chased down by a 5.0

vic_s197

Established Member
The 5.0 ignorance continues...So the new 5.0 will beat 99% of NE GT's and even the blown ones are not that impressive?

Where is this crap coming from?

Please list all the blown NE GT you have killed. Solidly make 400+ on low boost and likely weigh 200 pounds less than the new 5.0.

Take a lesson from Mr. Mach-ete. 5.0's are great cars but this utter ignorance about other Mustangs is ridiculous.

Hell yea. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Those 5.0's are quick but they can be beat ask me how I know ;)

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
Nice Kill! It's always fun to put D-Bags like that in their place.

I hate to hijack but I had a similar situation happen to me when I had my 95 GT in my sig (do know this car dyno'd when it was smoking the clutch and I replaced it with a Spec stage 3 so it made well over the 529rwhp in my sig). We a guy in a fox body Mustang started talking trash about how slow my body style Mustang was and that he would race for money, $100 I think, so we headed out to our usual race spot. Needless to say I toyed with him before we got there and he turned around but mostly because I didn't want to get shot because the dude was a punk and had a car full of them judging from their appearance.

THAITED

Established Member
Nice Kill! It's always fun to put D-Bags like that in their place.

I hate to hijack but I had a similar situation happen to me when I had my 95 GT in my sig (do know this car dyno'd when it was smoking the clutch and I replaced it with a Spec stage 3 so it made well over the 529rwhp in my sig). We a guy in a fox body Mustang started talking trash about how slow my body style Mustang was and that he would race for money, $100 I think, so we headed out to our usual race spot. Needless to say I toyed with him before we got there and he turned around but mostly because I didn't want to get shot because the dude was a punk and had a car full of them judging from their appearance.

Nice to play it safe, people are crazy now these days. You see, I've always wonder how my car would do against a newer 5.0 Stang. I like the result and still smiling about it.

Last edited:

fearls1

Established Member
Lol, way to humble them real quick and good kill.
I've beaten a couple stock 5.0s. They were younger early 20's ish and were poor sports. I hate it when they turn off the road in shame. Douchebag and little Bitch at the same time.

I did have an older guy roll up on me in traffic in a blue newer 5.0 telling me me how much he liked my car. I drive a cammed/exhaust WS6.

Point is there are douches, bitches, and true gearheads in all types of cars. Not all 5.0 owners are dipshits, just 99 pct of em, lol jk.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Kill stories like this makes me wish there was a camera to see those two dickbags turn red with embarrassment

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Nice to play it safe, people are crazy now these days. You see, I've always wonder how my car would do against a newer 5.0 Stang. I like the result and still smiling about it.

Where is Bay Area, California? San Francisco? Let me know if you ever make it down to San Diego and want to play with one that isn't stock.

On another note, sorry that you ran into a d-bag and good kill.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The 5.0 ignorance continues...So the new 5.0 will beat 99% of NE GT's and even the blown ones are not that impressive?
Please list all the blown NE GT you have killed. Solidly make 400+ on low boost and likely weigh 200 pounds less than the new 5.0.
Take a lesson from Mr. Mach-ete. 5.0's are great cars but this utter ignorance about other Mustangs is ridiculous.
In a way it's true since most people nowadays don't expect much from them. Same goes for the NE Cobra's or pre 03 Cobra's in general. We are the underdogs 90% of the time with the newer cars. However some of us have a lil surprise under the hood that'll make them think twice when running against the underdog :rockon:;-)

Also disagree with the the douchebag who said his dad's Maxima would beat a NE GT, tried it myself, close race, but no win.

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
nice kill and great story. You know I always wondered after a person talks so much shit what goes on in their head after a loss like that? I mean what did his friend say after his buddy lost? I noticed how when those kinda people talk shit they never come back next to you. D'bags dont only drive 5.0's they are in all mustangs

THAITED

Established Member
Where is Bay Area, California? San Francisco? Let me know if you ever make it down to San Diego and want to play with one that isn't stock.

On another note, sorry that you ran into a d-bag and good kill.

Thank you I'm in bay area SF/SJ. if I ever make it down south I'll let you know. It will be nice for some friendly run. I don't run anyone here at all too much to loose if I'm caught. I don't have anything against 5.0.

As a matter of fact, I like to get one too but later...way later (Boss 302). Money is kinda tight right now. See at the end, we are all driving Mustangs. I don't make fun of any other drivers no matter what brand they drive.

I've just looked at your sig and didn't realize that the coyote response to power adder that well.:beer: Is your internals still stock? Ford did the homework on this one. Look at mine I've to get a fully built engine to achieve that.:rockon:

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

Last edited:

x275_eric

Established Member
lol yea thats either daddys car or daddy bought it for him ppuahaha! same thing happened to me when i was in my cobra.

mustangracer11

Established Member
Ignorance?

Cupcake, your pile of **** makes 260 hp stock. Blown on a tired motor and you might just make a hair over 400 whp. Congrats, my car makes that with a simple tune and an intake.

As far as 99% goes? You're god damn right. Stock, a new edge GT is a low 14 second car on a brillant day, realistically it's more of a mid 14 second car. Even with full bolt ons you're lucky to dip into the low 13s. That's not ignorance, thems the facts. A new edge GT is barely noteworthy even with a blower and with full bolt ons, you'll be neck and neck with one of those new V6s - yeah, this ain't 2002 any more, in the age of 14 second Toyota Camries, that just ain't cutting it any more.

All of the teenaged flat billing brodawgs around my town have NE GTs. They all have ridiculously loud exhausts and aren't fast at all. I've yet to lose to one anyway. So you've modded the bejesus out of your car and you can beat a stock 5.0? I could modify a Civic to do the same, that hardly makes it impressive. However, congrats are in order, I guess?

This shows your Ignorance.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I would like to personally apologize on the behalf of most 5.0 owners, some of us are total retards. I personally would never laugh at another ride, you just never know what's under the hood.

+1. There are some ignorant 5.0 owners out there who give us the worst reputation.

I'd be freaking out if i saw a modified 2v on the streets, not hating on it. Didnt the 5.0 owner hear the whine from your supercharger?

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
Thank you I'm in bay area SF/SJ. if I ever make it down south I'll let you know. It will be nice for some friendly run. I don't run anyone here at all too much to loose if I'm caught. I don't have anything against 5.0.

We're in the same area, had a similar run in with a dark blue 5.0, while in the Firehawk. Wonder if it is that small of a world... Oh well it was a cool story. :thumbsup:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
This shows your Ignorance.

but its true, is it the delivery thats getting people upset? I agree there ways to go about saying things, but this was a pretty spot on statement...there just a stigma now with 5.0 threads....its hilarious

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ignorance?

No reason to get all defensive... :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread