Got my first 2010+ Camaro SS kill

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The SS's need a little diet.
Nice run.

The world has shifted upside down, finally and for once, an entry V8 mustang doesn't get murdered by the entry V8 camaro .
So weird. :)

Yup, now it's the better built car AND faster. :banana: Just stirring. :p

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
There was a Synergy Green M6 '11 Camaro SS at the track yesterday that ran a 12.48 @ 114.5 MPH. He had full exhaust, CAI and tune and was running on Toyo sticky tires. It the fastest NA '10+ Camaro that I have seen run in person.

Good kill OP! :beer:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Nice kill OP. I have nothing under my belt with my Cobra or Lightning. nothing will try me.

If he gets a better 60' than a 2.0, he will be closer to low 12's.

Funny nothing will try your cobra or lightning but here in Ohio every jerk wad with a ricer, wing or flames screws with me. Maybe you need to drive what appears to be a stock vert look like your lost and pretend you want to be left alone. :) I figure you can't lure someone into a gun fight if you have a 44 in hand but if you appear to be unwilling and an easy target people will take a shot at you. I have sent a few guys back to the dealership to find out why they were walked by little silver ford. Deception is priceless. Nice kill OP. I would say never with passengers as a safety precaution but then I get bashed for being an old fuddy duddy. Enjoy that 5.0 :beer:

dynasty_365

Established Member
There was a Synergy Green M6 '11 Camaro SS at the track yesterday that ran a 12.48 @ 114.5 MPH. He had full exhaust, CAI and tune and was running on Toyo sticky tires. It the fastest NA '10+ Camaro that I have seen run in person.

That's crazy with those mods running 12.4! A 5.0 with the same mods wheel run 11's it's crazy how big the difference is between the two cars

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
The yellow one is procharged too. The one I'm talking about is cyber grey

lol its pretty pointless for me to race any f/i cars considering the win should be obvious. I've run across a cyber grey one before and couldn't get him to race me.

I'm sure once the rear is fixed he'll be good to go!

Its already fixed ;)

O.P. what are your mods? your car must run pretty good to beat a low 12 sec vette

Just an intake and exhaust car. These cars stock run mid to low 12s so it doesn't take much to beat an 03 z06.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member

Any idea what the 60 foot was? I would have thought the car would run at least a low low 12 with those mods.

LittleMT

Established Member
I don't understand the typical gen 5 Camaro driver....when we are in our Camaro, and get next to one, they never look over or wave, not that they have to, but I tend to do that.... Yet when I'm in my GTO, they tend to all want to show me how fast they are, only to wind up getting smoked.. It seems like its mostly a older croud that owns them, I suspect that as prices come down, younger kids will buy and mod them, and more and more 5th Gens will run....

As for me personally I'll run anything that wants to play....

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I don't understand the typical gen 5 Camaro driver....when we are in our Camaro, and get next to one, they never look over or wave, not that they have to, but I tend to do that.... Yet when I'm in my GTO, they tend to all want to show me how fast they are, only to wind up getting smoked.. It seems like its mostly a older croud that owns them, I suspect that as prices come down, younger kids will buy and mod them, and more and more 5th Gens will run....

As for me personally I'll run anything that wants to play....

Wish more had this mindset

LittleMT

Established Member
I made a lowball offer to a local dealer on a 2012 5.0, a plain jane auto.

They unfortunately didn't bite. I really want a white auto...
she can spend time with my GTO and Camaro in the garage...

since I don't need another car, I have been making some lowball offers to various dealers, if they go for it, I'll have a new girl....

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
Hey LittleMT, I would just like to inform you that a stock LS2 GTO will man handle a stock SRT4 by 10 or more cars. Good day.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
I'm just poking fun at LittleMT for an old thread of hers on the cobalt forums. She kept insisting that a stock LS2 and a stock SRT4 were a good match up.

why87

Established Member
Just an intake and exhaust car. These cars stock run mid to low 12s so it doesn't take much to beat an 03 z06.

I'm well aware of what they are capable of, just trying to get an idea of where your car is at. :beer: These new 'Stangs are :rockon:

LittleMT

Established Member
I'm just poking fun at LittleMT for an old thread of hers on the cobalt forums. She kept insisting that a stock LS2 and a stock SRT4 were a good match up.

At my altitude, the stock LS2's, LS1's, LS3's all suffer.

for example, my stock LS2 auto GTO went a best of 14.3@98mph.
my stock 2004 SRT went 13.90@102mph..

the altitude doesn't hurt the turbo 4 banger as much.

Stock LS3 Camaro's up here are having a tough time running high 13's, ditto for 5.0 new Mustangs.... Up here, one really needs to be boosted.

papasnake

Established Member
Nice kill OP. Ive been begging for one to try, but as soon as they see the GT500 they look the other way. :nono: Just yesterday I could see a guy weaving through traffic to catch up to me. Once he got close he backed off. I even slowed down to 50 and he slowed down with me. Ive got more than a little payback to dish out from the days of my stock 91 GT.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Nice kill OP. Ive been begging for one to try, but as soon as they see the GT500 they look the other way. :nono: Just yesterday I could see a guy weaving through traffic to catch up to me. Once he got close he backed off. I even slowed down to 50 and he slowed down with me. Ive got more than a little payback to dish out from the days of my stock 91 GT.

Haha I bet you wish that you could have another shot at the cars you lost to in your 91 :-D

mach1z

Established Member
I got one in my Mach. The girl was driving with boyfriend in passenger seat. After the race i pulled next to them at the light and the boyfriend rolls down the window and says " Whatever I 'd smoke that Ford POS" to which I replied :
" Pretty Big words from a guy riding bitch ! " LIGHT TURNED GREEN :)

Users who are viewing this thread