Got my first 2010+ Camaro SS kill

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
lol its pretty pointless for me to race any f/i cars considering the win should be obvious.

Well maybe you missed what I typed but I never said to race either of the Procharged ones I was telling you that's what those cars have and the car I said you can run is neither of those.

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
Good kill. Stock to stock, or mods being equal, the 5.0 is the superior hotrod.

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
I've had fun with a few Maro SS'. My most memorable was my first in the Shelby. He pulled up beside me on the interstate and started revving. We went to a 40 roll and he honked it off. I pedalled just enough to stay even with him up to about 80. I looked over and started beating on the steering wheel like I was pissed it was even. He definitely lost his smile when I then waved at him and proceeded to put 20 cars on him up to 140. I know it was a buttload. I felt like such a dick! Needless to say he wanted no more. I got off a couple exits ahead and he went by waving and honking. This coming from a previous 10' SS/RS M6 owner.

Damn I miss the Shelby!!!!!!

Last edited:

04nccobra

Established Member
Damn it seems like no camaro ss owners in my area wants to race, though the LT's do lol

Differant mentalities I think, when I had my prior mustangs racing was all the stang crowd did whether on the track or street. The late model Camaro crowd seems to be okay with just cruising, that race mentality isn't there. I have noticed this as well. I don't think it means they are afraid just they are not interested. Now there are a few of us who do like a challenge :rolling:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Differant mentalities I think, when I had my prior mustangs racing was all the stang crowd did whether on the track or street. The late model Camaro crowd seems to be okay with just cruising, that race mentality isn't there. I have noticed this as well. I don't think it means they are afraid just they are not interested. Now there are a few of us who do like a challenge :rolling:

Well the new camaro is a great cruising car... :shrug: GM really marketed towards a completely different group of people with the 5th gen and really hit their mark.

My co-worker has a 2011 SS and has zero interest in the track, racing or anything else related. He just thinks the car looks cool and wants to drive it around.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
My co-worker has a 2011 SS and has zero interest in the track, racing or anything else related. He just thinks the car looks cool and wants to drive it around.

Makes about as much sense as dating a hot girl but never wanting to bang her...

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill! so much for Fords needing blowers to outrun the big inch Chevys huh? unfortunately a lot of Chevy guys are still obvlivious to this even tho the 5.0 has been out almost 2 yrs, but a lot aren't...hence why it's hard for you 5.0 guys to find SS races haha

Users who are viewing this thread