Got my racestars need tires

malibu78

Established Member
Was able to get in on the super deal for racestars through Beefcake. I am having trouble finding tires for the 4.5 x 17 inch rims at a reasonable price. Please provide some recommendations. Thanks

Bud

Established Member
Will you be driving them on the street much? If not i would not do the M&H or Hoosier radials, they are stupid heavy. I'd do the mickey thompson, m&h, or hoosier bias plys which are much lighter. Phoenix recently came out with a 27" tall front skinny for the 17" rims as well.

I drove my bias fronts around 20 miles each way to the track this past year, not saying it was smart but it made it, and a lot lighter than radials.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have the 26 inch M&H Bias Ply fronts. They are fully street legal, with a deep tread, and they drive well. I probably have 700-800 miles on them with all of the track trips. I ordered them from Summit on E-Bay. Was the best deal I could find.

Mike

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Got my m&h's from jegs when they had a rebate going for them.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

13BlackGT

Established Member
anyone using the 28" 4.5/28-17 M&H front runners? I don't see a load rating on their site. Stock ride height, the 13 sits pretty high in the back. With a 28" slick I thought these might be better than a 26

djniknala

Established Member
anyone using the 28" 4.5/28-17 M&H front runners? I don't see a load rating on their site. Stock ride height, the 13 sits pretty high in the back. With a 28" slick I thought these might be better than a 26

I run those with no issue. I have about 20 passes on them and drive them 30 miles each way to the track. They work just fine.

malibu78

Established Member
Man I was hoping to get away cheaper than 400 bucks. I never imagined the tires would be more expensive than the rims. Oh well as the old saying goes..."Going Fast is a Pain in the Ass!!" Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread