GT350, whats it gonna cost and whos changing orders?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
As the title says, anyone that has a '15 on order (like me) going to cancel for a GT350? If so when do you think we can order one and what do you think its going to cost?

Branhammer

Established Member
I'm sticking with the GT just because I'm not willing to pay over $35k for a car. I expect the 350 to be more than the previous Boss but possibly less than the outgoing 500. Maybe around $45k-$50k base. Of course you won't get one knew for less than $60k because of dealer markup and people with more money than brains fueling the demand.

This is all speculation though. There hasn't been anything official released yet, but this makes sense to me. It would be a huge mistake for them to price it higher than the outgoing GT500 IMO.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Only 70 more HP than a GT and no more torque?? WTH?

I was expecting a bit more in that department from the svt.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Only 70 more HP than a GT and no more torque?? WTH?

I was expecting a bit more in that department from the svt.

in regards to what? 70 hp is quite the difference, and much more than that is useless around a track, which is where this is clearly designed to run. Secondly, to gain 70 hp and not lose any torque compared to the GT (Think Boss 302) is an astounding feat as well considering the changes they likely had to make. I think this looks like a fantastic car... actually has some good brakes, what appears to be some good tire, some awesome power ... I have a hard time seeing whats not to like, interested to see how it runs.

darreng505

Established Member
in regards to what? 70 hp is quite the difference, and much more than that is useless around a track, which is where this is clearly designed to run. Secondly, to gain 70 hp and not lose any torque compared to the GT (Think Boss 302) is an astounding feat as well considering the changes they likely had to make. I think this looks like a fantastic car... actually has some good brakes, what appears to be some good tire, some awesome power ... I have a hard time seeing whats not to like, interested to see how it runs.

Its a fantastic car. No doubt. Was just a bit underwhelmed buy the initial crank numbers. Was expecting around 550/450 crank. Probably can get there with bolt ons.

Voltwings

Established Member
Another guy and i at work were talking. Its going to come down to the fact that this has a more "track" focus, and the fact that they likely want to leave room for a "gt500" of sorts to have more hp later on we're thinking. We will see though.

darreng505

Established Member
I guess we'll see if its a "track" focus like the boss or z/28. If it comes with a nav system and leather seats, its not track focus despite how nimble it might be. Much to be learned still!

EDIT: Ok, it has cloth recaros standard. good.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Yeah, the article on the front page gives a pretty good break down considering it still technically hasnt been "released" Yet.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I guess we'll see if its a "track" focus like the boss or z/28. If it comes with a nav system and leather seats, its not track focus despite how nimble it might be. Much to be learned still!

EDIT: Ok, it has cloth recaros standard. good.

yea and you can upgrade it to a premium type package with the nav and all that jazz. Im really considering it. i am just afraid of how much its going to cost. If its less than 55k I think im gonna be all over it like a fat kid on the last donut. the FPC sounds amazing.

Branhammer

Established Member
I think we all new this car was not going to have the power output of the current GT500. They weren't going for that here. I thought the general consensus was that this would be a Z28 competitor? I wasn't expecting the beast that the GT500 is, which is why I expect it to be cheaper. If not I think it'll be a big mistake by Ford.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
i have seen people mention a GT350R...whats the 411 on that?

I think most people are under the assumption there will be a more track focused 350. This is the Boss 302 replacement, so we are hoping for the "LS" version of this car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Given this quote from Ford, I am unsure this will be quite as track oriented as the Z/28. It will still be super track capable, just will still be comfortable to cruise around in.

When we started working on this car, we wanted to build the best possible Mustang for the places we most love to drive – challenging back roads with a variety of corners and elevation changes – and the track on weekends

Hopefully there will be an "R" model that destroys the Z/28. Hell it would be really cool if the GT350 did and the R model was that much better lol.

i have seen people mention a GT350R...whats the 411 on that?

There were 2 distinctly different mules at the 'ring testing. Both were quick, but one was noticeably faster than the other. Both had unique sounds as well. This has led everyone to believe there may be a GT350 and a GT350R model coming. IIRC though Ford had multiple GT500 mules at the 'Ring and we still only got one GT500 variant.

igotyofire

Established Member
I am completely stoked about the GT350! Perfection in my eyes! I cant wait to hear more of the exhaust note. A teaser Ford released gives hints of how good it really is going to sound. Sounds better in this video then the test track videos.

[video=youtube;8OYIrJdYtoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYIrJdYtoE[/video]

ekimv

Established Member
With the way Ford has been doing prices and new innovations, I would not be shocked to see this car come in at $50 to 55, with better numbers than the Z28 to blow GM out of the water!!! I would love to see it!!!

rrg9946

Established Member
Its a fantastic car. No doubt. Was just a bit underwhelmed buy the initial crank numbers. Was expecting around 550/450 crank. Probably can get there with bolt ons.

The part that everyone seems to be missing is the RPM potential of these FPC motors. You can stay at higher numbers through turns to maintain speed with hurting the engine. Deceleration will also be faster and more responsive. There are carbon fiber pieces along with cloth Recaros. This car will be hitting a decent weight mark.
This car will be game changer ladies and gentlemen! This suspension along with this new high rpm monster will leave its name on the car industry!

Users who are viewing this thread