GT350, whats it gonna cost and whos changing orders?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
in regards to what? 70 hp is quite the difference, and much more than that is useless around a track, which is where this is clearly designed to run. Secondly, to gain 70 hp and not lose any torque compared to the GT (Think Boss 302) is an astounding feat as well considering the changes they likely had to make. I think this looks like a fantastic car... actually has some good brakes, what appears to be some good tire, some awesome power ... I have a hard time seeing whats not to like, interested to see how it runs.

Incase you hadn't seen what Darren is working with on his car..... You should check it out! I agree with him, Torque is VERY important on a track, his concern is when comparing this car to the z/28 you have to look at the fact that the LS7 makes a shit ton more torque then this 5.2 PFC. Is the car neat? Of course it is but to me @ 3800 lbs, Ford missed the bar when it comes to being a "Direct" competitor to the z/28 on a track it's going to get walked from an acceleration perspective. Obviously if weight drops significantly this could change. No one should have expected monster straight line numbers. However, I'm curious as to what the talks of ecoboost in buildup video 3 were referring to. Time will tell, this was a fairly "weak" release, I expected much more hard info.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
yea and you can upgrade it to a premium type package with the nav and all that jazz. Im really considering it. i am just afraid of how much its going to cost. If its less than 55k I think im gonna be all over it like a fat kid on the last donut. the FPC sounds amazing.

I'm guessing 55k'ish depending on options, plus ADM, plus interest= $70-75k (for a mustang?!)is a real possibility. For a first year run car? That's crazy to me.

Deranged2013

Established Member
yea and you can upgrade it to a premium type package with the nav and all that jazz. Im really considering it. i am just afraid of how much its going to cost. If its less than 55k I think im gonna be all over it like a fat kid on the last donut. the FPC sounds amazing.

Same here. If I can get this car out the door with the tech pack for $55k or less, I'm all over it. If not, I'm still all over but will have to save up a bit more mistress money.

Voltwings

Established Member
Incase you hadn't seen what Darren is working with on his car..... You should check it out! I agree with him, Torque is VERY important on a track, his concern is when comparing this car to the z/28 you have to look at the fact that the LS7 makes a shit ton more torque then this 5.2 PFC. Is the car neat? Of course it is but to me @ 3800 lbs, Ford missed the bar when it comes to being a "Direct" competitor to the z/28 on a track it's going to get walked from an acceleration perspective. Obviously if weight drops significantly this could change. No one should have expected monster straight line numbers. However, I'm curious as to what the talks of ecoboost in buildup video 3 were referring to. Time will tell, this was a fairly "weak" release, I expected much more hard info.

I'm very familiar with Darrens build, but i'm also very familiar with dynos/ power curves, gearing, etc... You compare the GT350 being down 70 tq to the LS7, but allow me to present you another scenario.
The 2011 5.0L GT vs the 2012 BMW m3.
5.0: 412 hp / 390 tq
BMW: 414 hp / 295 tq
And the cars are 1/10 of a second different around a track, and 1/4 mile. It comes down to so much more than just the torque, though i agree with your statement that torque is important. If i can come out of a corner at 5000 rpms and be where my HP is i dont need as much torque as if i were forced to come out in a lower reving vehicle around 3000-3500. Gearing and rev range can make up a lot of difference.

The z/28 is an incredible competitor, but if the GT350 gets put in even the same catagory, that is win enough against a purpose built car for me.

Last edited:

ObieFox

Established Member
Cosmetically this is by far the best looking example of a S550 we have seen.... Love the hood, fenders, and front and rear facias. There is hope for the 550 yet... ;)

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I talked to my guy. Looks like if it's not a limited run car (same numbers produced similar to boss) I can get a pretty good deal on it. My 15 is gonna stay on order but if the price is right they're gonna order one for me.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Then you don't buy from a dealer that ads an ADM

Ok, take away the ADM, it's still a 60k Mustang. That's absurd. You can buy a gently used ZR1, GenV Viper, new CTS-V, Hellcat or a number other cars for that.

Let's not forget the gamble of buying a first year car not knowing the problems they are going to have. Right now, it's just the latest and greatest hype thing going. As usual, people tend to overlook the bottom line due to the excitement.

Ubergeist

Established Member
Ok, take away the ADM, it's still a 60k Mustang. That's absurd. You can buy a gently used ZR1, GenV Viper, new CTS-V, Hellcat or a number other cars for that.

Let's not forget the gamble of buying a first year car not knowing the problems they are going to have. Right now, it's just the latest and greatest hype thing going. As usual, people tend to overlook the bottom line due to the excitement.

Link to said ZR1's for 60k?

I would buy the GT350 over all said cars, with the exception of a used ZR1. But I can see the price hitting 60k. Heck, considering you can break 45k with a GT. For me, the biggest competitor for this vehicle is a 2013-2014 GT500.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Link to said ZR1's for 60k?

I would buy the GT350 over all said cars, with the exception of a used ZR1. But I can see the price hitting 60k. Heck, considering you can break 45k with a GT. For me, the biggest competitor for this vehicle is a 2013-2014 GT500.

Go to the corvette fourm, tons for sale.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I got news for you. "Over 500" commonly means between 500-509. If it were 510+ they would say over 510...

Didn't Ford say over 600hp for the GT500?

And Dodge said the same thing for the Hellcat?

I'm not going to call it either way but I'm hoping for 520.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Only 70 more HP than a GT and no more torque?? WTH?

I was expecting a bit more in that department from the svt.

You can get that wth a GT with bolt-ons N/A ... Why spend upwards of 60K when you can pretty much do what you want with the GT and surpass the 500HP IMO.

rrg9946

Established Member

So was it absurd to pay that much for the 13-14 GT500? Seems reasonable to me comparing the price you mentioned on all of the other cars. ZR1 used maybe...... Still used. Hell Cat, just a barge with tons of horse power, so not in the same sentence. Viper again used.CTS-V sure but from what I see this Shelby iteration is a more purpose built car than the caddy.

So back to the comparisons..... You mentioned $90,000+ cars to compare if they were used at around $60,000.... Not following the logic. Again to each their own, but this not "just" a mustang for $60k. This is a purpose built car with never before seen equipment and technology on a mustang. Yes others have used it before, but maybe Fird has been sitting back landing from others mistakes to successfully build a track beast.
Remember Ford partners with BMW and Porsche design and race teams to get every ounce of technology they could in the S550 and higher level models within a reasonable price.

Just my thoughts.

rrg9946

Established Member
You can get that wth a GT with bolt-ons N/A ... Why spend upwards of 60K when you can pretty much do what you want with the GT and surpass the 500HP IMO.

I get the horsepower argument. And I am an owner of a pretty built 2015. But this is more than just about horsepower it's about the complete package but you have no other vehicle ever created by Ford

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My question is this

500-550 hp is achievable with bolt ons (450 rwhp with bolts on and tune on a 2015)

Will the PFC car be detuned as well the same as the 5.0 Coyote? Will that 500 hp claimed be 600 with some stuff bolted on and a tune? That would be great!

Stable68

Established Member
Only 70 more HP than a GT and no more torque?? WTH?

I was expecting a bit more in that department from the svt.

It DOES make more tq. The GT makes 400 ft lbs... this makes 400 PLUS. Also, flat plane motors are known for being bad at making torque so id say ford did a good job with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread