GT500 poll

What do you think about the GT500 overall? (Price, looks, performance)

• Love it! Badass car! Worth every penny!

Votes: 70 20.6%
  • It's a nice ride!

Votes: 118 34.7%
  • It's just okay

Votes: 72 21.2%
  • I don't like it/dissapointed

Votes: 40 11.8%
  • Ford screwed up big time!/Don't get me started!

Votes: 40 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mullet Head said:
I hate when high school is out because tool sheds like you have way too much time on your hands, get a job, youngster. :bash:

Just so you know, I was most likely driving a car LONG before your Daddy even had a twinkle in his eye for your Mom?! :idea:

So, when your blower is installed, will your anorexic redheaded stepchild of a Mulletmobile be ready for a good old fashioned ass whooping (on a road course of your choice) from a pig!??!!?!? ;-) :lol: :p

Formula51

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Just so you know, I was most likely driving a car LONG before your Daddy even had a twinkle in his eye for your Mom?! :idea:

So, when your blower is installed, will your anorexic redheaded stepchild of a Mulletmobile be ready for a good old fashioned ass whooping (on a road course of your choice) from a pig!??!!?!? ;-) :lol: :p

Yea, an ass whooping from an old ass pig at that!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Would love to see video of the Cobra R whooping that ass though.

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
503.6 HP. The motor is underrated by a whop ping 3-4 HP. Not 35-40 like the 03-04 Cobras. Randy I thought You sold Your S281???

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Guys,
FYI,
The GT500 is SEA rated.. Meaning the car will not be underated from the factory, like the 03 Cobra was, despite the difference (390 vs 500) between the factory hp ratings.
In reality, the Gt500 will probably only put out about 60-70 more at thewheels, than the 03-04 Cobra.

Formula51

Established Member
Purvis said:
Guys,
FYI,
The GT500 is SEA rated.. Meaning the car will not be underated from the factory, like the 03 Cobra was, despite the difference (390 vs 500) between the factory hp ratings.
In reality, the Gt500 will probably only put out about 60-70 more at thewheels, than the 03-04 Cobra.

I would say more like 50 more hp at the wheels. That is assuming 380rwhp for the Term and 430rwhp for the GT500. We should know pretty soon. 500 crank hp is about 425rwhp with a 15% drivetrain loss.

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Unless the drivetrains are more or less efficient than previous, I'd think the rwhp for a new GT500 should be around 460-465. 35-40 hp seems to be the norm for what previous manual tranny Mustangs soaked up. :shrug: Guess we'll find out soon enough though...

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:
I would say more like 50 more hp at the wheels. That is assuming 380rwhp for the Term and 430rwhp for the GT500. We should know pretty soon. 500 crank hp is about 425rwhp with a 15% drivetrain loss.

I thought you said in one of your previous posts that Terminators only make 360 rwhp? :shrug:
Actually, the average is about 370 rwhp if i remember correctly from the poll taken on here. :read: 380 seems to be on the high side, though several cars have dynoed that high. There's even been a few that have dynoed in the 390s. :eek:
As for the GT500, we don't know till some owners actually take their cars to a dyno to get an average. :beer:

toro1966

Toro 66
Established Member
Mine dyno'ed bone stock at 378rwhp. However, if we assume an average stock hp rating of 370 rwhp for the terminator, and we know that the rating on the engine was 390 CRANK horsepower, then the average drivetrain loss would be approximately 9.5%. Now knowing that all eyes are on the Shelby, there is no way Ford will underestimate this beast. Therefore if you use the same 9.5% loss in the Shelby drivetrain, we should be seeing stock GT500's dyno'ing at roughly 450rwhp. Just my .02 :)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
toro1966 said:
Mine dyno'ed bone stock at 378rwhp. However, if we assume an average stock hp rating of 370 rwhp for the terminator, and we know that the rating on the engine was 390 CRANK horsepower, then the average drivetrain loss would be approximately 9.5%. Now knowing that all eyes are on the Shelby, there is no way Ford will underestimate this beast. Therefore if you use the same 9.5% loss in the Shelby drivetrain, we should be seeing stock GT500's dyno'ing at roughly 450rwhp. Just my .02 :)
There should be slightly less drivetrain loss in the Shelby due to the omission of the IRS.

Terminator

Established Member
Ford under-rated the 03 & 4's. It's actually putting out ~425-430 stock. Drivetrain loses is ~15%.
07 Shelbys are certified at 500 fwhp which means that the advertised rating must be within +or- 2%. At least that's the way I understand it.

Last edited:
I did sell my 2003-S281Cobra#97,it's two weeks today that they came from Orlando and PAID me. It went to Orlando, Florida. I was called this Friday by Robinson Brothers Ford that my Shelby GT500,was pulled to be schuled to be buit. I'm waitting for the next phone call to be inreference to my Vin.#,and the build date. I hated to sell my 2003 S281 Cobra#97,but due to having to rebuild a home my wife and I had to,due to Hurricane-Rita. We just moved in a week ago,this past Thursday. We are finially HOME again,and trying to put our lives back on track.
Randy;

redsvtcobra

Established Member
toro1966 said:

If your terminator made 390 at the crank and you only had a 9.5% loss at the drivetrain, then you should have dynoed about 352hp, but you dynoed at 378 bone stock. This tells you that the motor is way underated. It is even more underated than that as drivetrain loss will be more than 10%. We'll be generous and say the gt500 will only have a 12% drivetrain loss. Since it is rated 500hp SAE then that means the car will put down 440hp.

Formula51

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
I thought you said in one of your previous posts that Terminators only make 360 rwhp? :shrug:
Actually, the average is about 370 rwhp if i remember correctly from the poll taken on here. :read: 380 seems to be on the high side, though several cars have dynoed that high. There's even been a few that have dynoed in the 390s. :eek:
As for the GT500, we don't know till some owners actually take their cars to a dyno to get an average. :beer:

Yes, I absolutley said that....A long time ago before I knew virtually anything about the 03/04 Cobra. I was very quickly corrected on the horsepower of the Cobra and the capabilities of the car. Seems like 375-380 was the average if I remeber correctly.

As for the GT500, it is SAE rated, so we can be VERY sure that the 500 crank hp is with 2 or 3% of the actual for each car (I am drunk and forget the actual percentage). :beer:

Formula51

Established Member
Terminator said:
Ford under-rated the 03 & 4's. It's actually putting out ~425-430 stock. Drivetrain loses is ~15%.
07 Shelbys are certified at 500 fwhp which means that the advertised rating must be within +or- 2%. At least that's the way I understand it.

Theres the percentage. +or- 2%

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It's interesting to see how the numbers have developed in this poll!

For as many haters as there were previously in this forum, there are only 22% of the respondents think they don't like it or Ford screwed up? That's kind of surprising?

54% of the respondents think it is either badass or nice. That, in and of it's self, is a majority. :idea:

I think once the car hits the streets and more people are personally exposed to them, many opinions will change. Just as they did when the '03 Cobra came out!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread