GT500 poll

What do you think about the GT500 overall? (Price, looks, performance)

• Love it! Badass car! Worth every penny!

Votes: 70 20.6%
  • It's a nice ride!

Votes: 118 34.7%
  • It's just okay

Votes: 72 21.2%
  • I don't like it/dissapointed

Votes: 40 11.8%
  • Ford screwed up big time!/Don't get me started!

Votes: 40 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Very interesting results.

About 50% of the people really like it and the other 50% think it is just "okay" or are "dissapointed".

I'm really surprised that so many like the car, considering that this forum has been taken over by the haters & whiners. :cryying:

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Id like to know who the 24 people are who said ford screwed up big time when this cobra puts out 110ho more then the terminator and will go 600rwhp with pulley, intake and a tune more then likely? I love the car

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Id like to know who the 24 people are who said ford screwed up big time when this cobra puts out 110ho more then the terminator and will go 600rwhp with pulley, intake and a tune more then likely? I love the car

I'm one of them because I'm more interested in handling than horsepower numbers. It's way too expensive for what it is. They'll be sticker price in a couple months, with discounts in '08, just like what happened with the Terminator. I doubt there will be a Shelby in '09. But by then there will be a Mustang priced between the two. A Mustang should never cost more than a Corvette.

9746C

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BetterthanU said:
most negative views from the ford guys come from the gt500's stats of weight and distribution.

If you knew ANYTHING about weight and distribution, I would be astonished in complete and total amazement! :fart:

95 5OH

Established Member
I also think the 500 is to heavy. But I like the look of it and its hard to argue with wants under the hood. Although it would be nice if the block was aluminum but that would add even more cost. Also I think that it should have staggered wheel sizes if its going to have staggered tire sizes. I'd prefer to have a 03/04 Cobra. Overall, I vote that it's a nice ride. This is my first impression anyway...

2001stripper

Established Member
BetterthanU said:
4000 lb homerun. If I want a sedan that handles well, I'll take a used e55, thanks.

Exactly what I was thinking. Did you guys see the comparison in the July issue of C & D? It got trounced by a C6 that has 100 less horses. Nice idea Ford had engine wise, they just didn't shave enough lard off its fat ass, nor did they get the front/rear weight distribution right. I give it an "A" for effort and a "D" for execution.

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
I'm still like my 03 better. Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing one on the road. It would have been nice if Ford would have made a bigger difference between the apperance of the $25k Mustang GT and the $43k GT500. Maybe like having the GT500 built as a "Fastback" or a two seater, or at least keeping the concept car's rear taillights and the " Shelby " lettering spread across the entire trunk lid.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
I'm very disappointed in the Shelby. When I found out it was going to have a stick rear axle, I was bummed, but I got over it. When I found out it was going to weigh a shade under 2 tons, I bought a Terminator. The car is going to handle through corners like a PIG! I had my '04 at the big track at Willow Springs a few weeks ago. The extra 2 to 3 hundred pounds it carries over the '96 and '99 Cobras I had was noticeable. To add another 3 hundred pounds over the weight of a Terminator is nuts! I'm sure the Shelby will be popular with 1/4 mile people, but NOT the open track crowd. Hell, it weighs 2 hundred pounds more than my wife's Lincoln!!!

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2001stripper said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Did you guys see the comparison in the July issue of C & D? It got trounced by a C6 that has 100 less horses. Nice idea Ford had engine wise, they just didn't shave enough lard off its fat ass, nor did they get the front/rear weight distribution right. I give it an "A" for effort and a "D" for execution.

For the 65,000th time, the GT500 does NOT, I repeat, NOT, complete with a two seater sports car like a Corvette?!?!

Do you think you get it now?!?! :idea:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
For the 65,000th time, the GT500 does NOT, I repeat, NOT, complete with a two seater sports car like a Corvette?!?!

Do you think you get it now?!?! :idea:

For the 50000th time the GT500 costs just as much, I repeat, JUST as much as a Corvette!! A high-perfomance two seater sports car!!

And the 'vette is faster, handles better, brakes better, may have lower insurance, same level of quality, and gets 28MPG!

But if you think the GT500 is purdy have at it. And don't bring up the $4500 twin screw power potential either, you can put those on 'vettes too.

9746Cobra

Last edited:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
and one more thing, THE VETTE WEARS FIBERGLASS, NOT SHEET METAL!

Translation: The 'vette is made out of better, lighter materials, yet doesn't cost more!

9746C

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
9746Cobra said:
For the 50000th time the GT500 costs just as much, I repeat, JUST as much as a Corvette!! A high-perfomance two seater sports car!!

And the 'vette is faster, handles better, brakes better, may have lower insurance, same level of quality, and gets 28MPG!

But if you think the GT500 is purdy have at it. And don't bring up the $4500 twin screw power potential either, you can put those on 'vettes too.

9746Cobra

So according to you, ALL vehicles that cost in the range of $43,000.00 no matter if they are 2 seaters, four seaters, six seater SUV's, two doors, four doors, five doors, WTF EVAR, are all meant to compete against each other? Do you have any clue how insane that sounds? :dw:

Just because a Lotus Elise costs nearly the same as a GT500 do you think the GT500 is also a direct competing vehicle for the Elise buyers also?!!? :kaboom:

I think you need to get your medication refilled?!?!

If and when the Camaro ever comes back and IF they ever build that Challenger, THOSE are the cars that the GT500 are meant to compete with! Oh yeah, that jelly bean of a GTO I guess should also be included!! :poke:

TWO seat sports cars have never competed with Pony cars. They didn't in the 60's, they didn't in the 70's, they didn't in the 80's they didn't in the 90's. You know what, THEY DON'T DO IT TODAY EITHER!!!!! :rollseyes

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
So according to you, ALL vehicles that cost in the range of $43,000.00 no matter if they are 2 seaters, four seaters, six seater SUV's, two doors, four doors, five doors, WTF EVAR, are all meant to compete against each other? Do you have any clue how insane that sounds? :dw:

Just because a Lotus Elise costs nearly the same as a GT500 do you think the GT500 is also a direct competing vehicle for the Elise buyers also?!!? :kaboom:

I think you need to get your medication refilled?!?!

If and when the Camaro ever comes back and IF they ever build that Challenger, THOSE are the cars that the GT500 are meant to compete with! Oh yeah, that jelly bean of a GTO I guess should also be included!! :poke:

TWO seat sports cars have never competed with Pony cars. They didn't in the 60's, they didn't in the 70's, they didn't in the 80's they didn't in the 90's. You know what, THEY DON'T DO IT TODAY EITHER!!!!! :rollseyes

+1 :thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
9746Cobra said:

Oh, and another thing! I will kick 99% of the guys driving C-6's like a bunch of red headed stepchildren with a GT500.

;-) :lol: :p

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Terminator said:
Not with an equal driver you won't! IMHO.

See, that's where I gottcha! ;-)

Most of the C6 drivers are too busy fiddling with the gold chains getting tangled up in their chest hair from their poyester shirt being open. :read:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Terminator said:
You got me. I missed the "99%" :bash:.

Hee Hee, I had to cover my ass you know! :idea:

I find that 1%-2% of Corvette drivers can actually drive on track! The rest of them are touring and pointing faster traffic by. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread