GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

sn8kbit

Established Member
I consumated a deal last Friday on a new 09 and am excited to take delivery. The car arrived today at the dealership on a dealer trade from San Diego. I work 12-13hr days and won't have a day until Friday to go and pick it up. I'm gnawing at the bit to see it!

The MSRP was $48020 and I purchased it for $42851.81 ++ The car is ebony with red stripes and the black w/red inserts interior. Options included the ambient lighting pkg, GT500 Red Stripe Appearance Pkg and Shaker 1000 Audio System. I've only seen pictures so hope I like it as much when I see it in person. I'm not sure how many in this color scheme were produced but hope to find the information within this forum or with Ford Performance.

I currently own 2 Lightnings, although I'm getting rid of one of them to have the GT500. I've been an SVT enthusiast for quite some time and know I won't be disappointed with this one either.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just wanted to offically THANK Beefcake.

I pm'd him about finding me a car in my area. The next day he got back with me with 4-5 dealerships that have the exact car I want.

He didnt say no I cant give you that info (like most dealers do) or try and say let him get it for me so he can make money on deal.
He just sent me dealers names and phone numbers no questions asked.

:beer:

:) no problem, i hope ya get the one you want, if those fall through, let me know on another color combo

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Seems odd that you can sell an 07 for almost 40 but I paid 39 flat for my 08..

dude you are simple your earlier post basically explained that the deal was a favor from a personal friend/business partner.

That's not the same argument as off the street "need a shelby' car shopper.

War Eagle

Established Member
this is the deal im looking at, got the dealer to come down to 38,500
Used Car Inventory Colonial Ford - Proudly serving the cities of Danbury, CT, Brookfield, Bethel, New Milford, New Fairfield, Newtown, and Ridgefield, CT!
Stock number:49172A or go to page 3 on the pre-owned inventory and it should be the first listing
let me know what you guys think

Hey Man, that is way too much for that car. First of all it is an 07 and has the TSB issue to contend with. Secondly the car has over 21,000 miles on it.
You can find similar 2007 models from private owners down around $33,000 to $35,000 in mint condition with low miles.

Just my opinion but I would offer the Dealer $33,000 for the car based on the fact that it has high mileage (for a GT500) and it has the old flywheel in it and the TSB has not been done.

Steve

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Looked at this one last night. Still tossing the idea around but it's becoming a hot subject. My kids were going nuts and the dealer thought he had me hook, line, and sinker. Also I know where this one is for sticker as posted above.

GT500KonaBlue010.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looked at this one last night. Still tossing the idea around but it's becoming a hot subject. My kids were going nuts and the dealer thought he had me hook, line, and sinker. Also I know where this one is for sticker as posted above.

GT500KonaBlue010.jpg

Do it.. Don't look back. :rockon:

07vert

Established Member
Hey Man, that is way too much for that car. First of all it is an 07 and has the TSB issue to contend with. Secondly the car has over 21,000 miles on it.
You can find similar 2007 models from private owners down around $33,000 to $35,000 in mint condition with low miles.

Just my opinion but I would offer the Dealer $33,000 for the car based on the fact that it has high mileage (for a GT500) and it has the old flywheel in it and the TSB has not been done.

Steve

i was told the TSB issue would be addressed before I even picked it up. Do some dealers cover the TSB issue even if the car is out of warranty?:shrug:

War Eagle

Established Member
i was told the TSB issue would be addressed before I even picked it up. Do some dealers cover the TSB issue even if the car is out of warranty?:shrug:

"Dealing" with the TSB requires replacement of the flywheel and clutch to the tune of around $6,000. Ford is not honoring replacement unless the car is exhibiting the symptons. Some Dealers are refusing to do the work and calling the clutch damage as "wear".

The TSB is a big mess and all I can say is "Buyer Beware" with regard to their statement it will be "Dealt With".

As these cars continue to age the TSB will become more and more of a factor and seriously affect the value of the cars that have not had it done. It is a ticking timebomb in many cases.

Steve

War Eagle

Established Member

GT500KonaBlue010.jpg

Those great kids deserve a decent car to ride around in. Do it for them if not for yourself.:dancenana::dancenana:

Steve

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I'm about 99% sure I'm going to do this. Will know sometime this weekend or Monday latest. I already got my for sale add made for my car lol. That way when I make up my mind it's ready to post.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Im 99% sure on my deal too. Just calling them back to get my final trade in quote.
Tomorrow if they can get me the interest rate they stated then its a done deal! :D

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do you guys get good prices on trade-ins? I'm not even going to consider it with a Ford dealer.

Maybe call that place "High End Auto's" or whatever just to check. I got a buddy that sold him his Lightning and got some good money for it.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Hmm, Im dealing with low offer for trade but pushed back and demanded more. I want the medium parice from kbb as they offered low. My car is perfect and low miles.

Heading out in about an hour to go seal the deal :)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hmm, Im dealing with low offer for trade but pushed back and demanded more. I want the medium parice from kbb as they offered low. My car is perfect and low miles.

Heading out in about an hour to go seal the deal :)

Yeah, my problem is my car is perfect and I dumped a lot of money it in lol.

Good luck with the deal and what color are you getting?:thumbsup:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks. Im getting 09 Vapor Silver with ebony stripes. Just about everything but Nav. but Im getting a killer price. :D

You're getting the konig blue 2010 right? Thats the best looking one out of the 2010 :)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Good luck and post pic's.

I love the Kona Blue but it seems there are a lot fo them being made. I don't want to have the most popular color for the year. So I'm going to look at all color combo's then decide. Still not a complete shoe-in on buying one but really close lol.

Users who are viewing this thread