GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

War Eagle

Established Member
sweet! war eagle. Yeah, this "I think I can do MSRP" $h!t is a load of BS Those idiots are going to be sitting on them for a while.

Roger that Tara,

I really don't blame the salesmen who post here, they are only trying to earn a living and have little or no control on pricing.

Some of the Dealer owners and General Managers are out of touch with the market and make it very difficult for the salesmen to move the cars.

Ford has already stated that they will build as many as they can get orders for or based on sales performance of the car. However by asking full MSRP or above the Dealers are unwittingly shooting themselves in the foot by hurting the future production of the car.

Once the initial rush of diehard enthusiasts get their cars, demand will really drop off and if the Dealers don't start dealing on the cars then they will start backing up on the lots just like the 2008 and 2009 models.

Ford will not continue to build and ship cars that are not selling it is as simple as that.

Come on Dealers, lighten up and lets start moving these cars and helping the economy. Stop collecting cars and start selling them.

Steve

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
roger that tara,

i really don't blame the salesmen who post here, they are only trying to earn a living and have little or no control on pricing.

Some of the dealer owners and general managers are out of touch with the market and make it very difficult for the salesmen to move the cars.

Ford has already stated that they will build as many as they can get orders for or based on sales performance of the car. However by asking full msrp or above the dealers are unwittingly shooting themselves in the foot by hurting the future production of the car.

Once the initial rush of diehard enthusiasts get their cars, demand will really drop off and if the dealers don't start dealing on the cars then they will start backing up on the lots just like the 2008 and 2009 models.

ford will not continue to build and ship cars that are not selling it is as simple as that.

Come on dealers, lighten up and lets start moving these cars and helping the economy. Stop collecting cars and start selling them.

steve

amen!!!!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just Wanted to let everyone know there is a 2010 Kona Blue/ Silver Stripe Coupe with like 10miles on it for sale in Kendallville, IN.

The way they are talking they will let it go at sticker. $51,XXX MSRP

Not sure on exact options but it did have NAV.

Ask for Robin and tell them RJ sent you.

(Also if anyone does buy it be sure to let me know a I am supposed get a kick back. :-D)

Call them at (260) 347-3153 (Ask for Robin)

Hmm......I'm still trying to hold off.:(

04YellowGT

Established Member
Hmm......I'm still trying to hold off.:(

Give them a call they might take less than sticker. It’s a small dealership in a little town no one goes through. LOL They really can't afford to hold on to it for very long. I know the 07 they got they were really worried about having it for a long time but sold it like a week before it came in. Then they didn't get any 08 or 09s for the same reason I believe.

(I didn't tell you that though.) ;-)

It really is a beautiful car. I've looked at it twice and I'm not afraid to admit it’s much nicer than my 07.

I think they wanted me to buy it because when they were getting ready to put their order in they called me up and asked me what color I liked. I told them Kona Blue/Silver. LOL They were originally going to get Grabber Blue/White. :xpl:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
sweet! war eagle. Yeah, this "I think I can do MSRP" $h!t is a load of BS Those idiots are going to be sitting on them for a while.

I agree!!! Further, if Beefcake wants to sell cars, he ought to be posting them up in the for sale section. Every opening he gets, he throws in a post with a car he's got or getting, in this thread. This is not the for sale forum, but a discussion on whats been paid and what the "going" prices are. It's not a "For Sale" thread.

XtremeS10

Established Member
I paid $39,000 flat no arguing with the dealer. The owner of the dealer is a personal friend and we do all of their work as well. He was driving this instead of putting miles on his GT supercar (has one of only 4 built in yellow and black) and had 3300 miles on it. He called and asked if I was serious about buying a car, I said yeah, he said $39,000 will take mine. Was there 3 hours later picking it up!

Edit: forgot to add, it already had the FRPP CAI and tune in it as well.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sounds like its a 2010 which msrp is the norm

not true, our first 2 went 1500 over (for a forum member) and the 2nd went for 3200 over

i got the red convertible in, if someones interested i think i can swing msrp

i try to get members the best price possible, i get paid flats on em anyway

i just gotta work em down as they always want big $$,

10gt500a.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I agree!!! Further, if Beefcake wants to sell cars, he ought to be posting them up in the for sale section. Every opening he gets, he throws in a post with a car he's got or getting, in this thread. This is not the for sale forum, but a discussion on whats been paid and what the "going" prices are. It's not a "For Sale" thread.

so, its what they are going for, i have more of a tune on this market than 99% of the people

i've had 4 cobras and 2 lightings and been a big ford car queer long before i was selling them.

i try to hook up the forum members every chance i get and get them the best deal available at that time

is is going to be the bottom $ they might get, maybe not, but it's hassle free and no bs. yes, just like the 07's if you hold off a year or 2 or 3, you will probably get the deal you want, i just think all the bitching and griping is silly

i had to go in and negotiate for cobras and lightings before i ever sold them i know what it's like being on the other end

i don't know why people gripe about paying over msrp if thats what they are bringing, because they don't pay msrp on the other rides, like f150's , and fusions, etc...

cars are about the only thing thats not like milk, you pay what the asking price is

like i said when the 07's came out, if your a customer that pays msrp on every car you buy, i gurantee you your local dealer wouldn't have asked you for over msrp when the gt500's first hit the lot

there is always a "better deal" it's a matter of how far and how you have to go to get it.

i put the black with blue stripe up at 3200 over msrp. i could have gotten probably 2k more off that price, a guy in texas wanted that color, he had a deposit on a different color locally at less money, but bought what he really wanted a buy it now and didn't think twice and didn't care if he lost his $500 deposit.

out of 4000 dealerships there were 1000 kr's, i personally sold 4 of them myself, and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 shelbys as well

the 07's started out bringing 18k over, and i never sold an 08 below 2k over, 09's i got them to go $1000 over invoice, because i knew the 10's would be here soon and i didn't want to be stuck with anything

like anything it's gauging the market, as far as shelby's not selling on ebay, how do you know?? there haven't been that many to hit the lots yet

most of the deals i put together i put together outside of ebay so you don't know what they go for.

do i think the 10's will hold as long as the 07s to 08s, no, do i think you'll be able to get msrp, yes, like i said, i think i can push for msrp on the vert that i have, i've been pushing em for msrp from the beginning, but when they bring 1500 to 3200 over, it makes it tough

all i'm saying is, if you find a deal you can live with and it's what you really want, go out and buy it and enjoy it, it's a car, not an investment, lord knows i've taken my share of hits on rides, i've had more than probably 90% of the forum members here

on the 04 i just bought, i paid full nada retail on it, but with what it had on it, i thought it was a fair deal and i wanted a car now. i could have probably looked around for an 04 for a better deal, but i didn't want to wait, and i can live with the deal, in the end, thats all thats important

War Eagle

Established Member
Quote Beefcake
"out of 4000 dealerships there were 1000 kr's, i personally sold 4 of them myself, and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 shelbys as well

the 07's started out bringing 18k over, and i never sold an 08 below 2k over, 09's i got them to go $1000 over invoice, because i knew the 10's would be here soon and i didn't want to be stuck with anything"
The reason the 07s and early 08's sold for as much as they did was because the buyers were mislead about the number that were going to be produced. A lot of people thought they were buying a collectible car. The same with the KR. Do you really think anyone would have bought a KR if they knew what Ford was going to do with the 2010 Shelby? I think the answer to that question is obvious.

I am sure that if the buyers were not mislead you would never have been able to sell those cars for what you did. There are a lot of people who bought over MSRP wish they could go back and get their money back. A typical 2007 is now worth about $31,000 to $33,000 if you have the TSB done and can find a buyer.

If you were selling true Classic Older collectible cars then I would agree with your statement about "market value". What has happened with the GT500 is not "market value" the simple truth is the "market" was and continues to be manipulated.

The old saying "Buyer Beware" was never more appropriate than it is right now when buying a 2010 GT500.

Good luck with your business, I wish you success just not at my expense.

Steve

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Quote Beefcake
"out of 4000 dealerships there were 1000 kr's, i personally sold 4 of them myself, and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 shelbys as well

the 07's started out bringing 18k over, and i never sold an 08 below 2k over, 09's i got them to go $1000 over invoice, because i knew the 10's would be here soon and i didn't want to be stuck with anything"
The reason the 07s and early 08's sold for as much as they did was because the buyers were mislead about the number that were going to be produced. A lot of people thought they were buying a collectible car. The same with the KR. Do you really think anyone would have bought a KR if they knew what Ford was going to do with the 2010 Shelby? I think the answer to that question is obvious.

I am sure that if the buyers were not mislead you would never have been able to sell those cars for what you did. There are a lot of people who bought over MSRP wish they could go back and get their money back. A typical 2007 is now worth about $31,000 to $33,000 if you have the TSB done and can find a buyer.

If you were selling true Classic Older collectible cars then I would agree with your statement about "market value". What has happened with the GT500 is not "market value" the simple truth is the "market" was and continues to be manipulated.

The old saying "Buyer Beware" was never more appropriate than it is right now when buying a 2010 GT500.

Good luck with your business, I wish you success just not at my expense.

Steve

not sure about where the 31-33 comes from. The last 07 used i had in the late fall went for $37,995

i just pulled up the books on the 07 i have

average black book is $31,975, clean is $33,775, and xclean is $34,675

pulling up the manheim data, avg auction is $35,468 and clean is $36,964

considering nada trade in is $35,825, that shows the cars are holding their value. NADA is $39,850 retail

The cars are holding their value very well. Again, a car isn't an investment, but they hold well. Look at the 03/04 cobras. They don't even have a shelby name and 7 years later they are still pulling 68% of their original retail

the shelbys will hold true to that as well

Chris08078

Established Member
Hey Guys....Been looking for an 09 GT500 for some time now and found a Vapor w/Ebony striping used w/7500 miles on it with aftermarket nav unit. Not sure on the HID lighting. The dealers wants or atleast as listed for it 43,980. I think thats way to high. I offered around 38,500. Now ill still be paying more as im in the negative due to a lease im in now but is this a fair offer or should this be less? So i go lower or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Im working a deal right now for a brand new 09 like that but no nav for $41K OTD but they want $41.5 + taxes etc. I think for a used 09 with those miles its too high

Six_Offender

Established Member
Hey Guys....Been looking for an 09 GT500 for some time now and found a Vapor w/Ebony striping used w/7500 miles on it with aftermarket nav unit. Not sure on the HID lighting. The dealers wants or atleast as listed for it 43,980. I think thats way to high. I offered around 38,500. Now ill still be paying more as im in the negative due to a lease im in now but is this a fair offer or should this be less? So i go lower or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is it 43k otd? if not, don't do it waaaaayyyy ttttooooo much! i paid 43,495 plus tt&l for my brand new 09 vapor/ebony stripes with ~100 miles on it. look around, and get more pricing from other locations. cheers :beer:

Chris08078

Established Member
Hey Guys ...Thanks. Im talking with them now but i offered them 38500 but not sure if even that is toooo much. It actually as 7500 miles on it but theyll give me 120% KBB for my trade which i need since im in a lease which will just about pay it off and ill not have so much negative on top of the GT500. But that doesnt mean i want to pay alot for it either you know......Ive been doing a ton of research. And even KBB say a car with those mileage would be only 39900. Just trying to see what others would think. Not alot of GT500's Around the Jersey area. One dealer in PA has a Grabber Orange w/Ebony stripping( i have the number if anyone is interested) New....but they want 48k for it. I ask him why. He said to me because it only 1 of 2 left on the east coast. Said he would never let it go for invoice. Lowest he would let it go for was around 44k. Still too high for me with my other car.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Just wanted to offically THANK Beefcake.

I pm'd him about finding me a car in my area. The next day he got back with me with 4-5 dealerships that have the exact car I want.

He didnt say no I cant give you that info (like most dealers do) or try and say let him get it for me so he can make money on deal.
He just sent me dealers names and phone numbers no questions asked.

:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just Wanted to let everyone know there is a 2010 Kona Blue/ Silver Stripe Coupe with like 10miles on it for sale in Kendallville, IN.

The way they are talking they will let it go at sticker. $51,XXX MSRP

Not sure on exact options but it did have NAV.

Ask for Robin and tell them RJ sent you.

(Also if anyone does buy it be sure to let me know a I am supposed get a kick back. :-D)

Call them at (260) 347-3153 (Ask for Robin)

I've talked to the lady 3 times this morning and she still hasn't gotten me a price.:cuss: She is supposed to call me back in a minute.

I'm not saying I'm ready to buy but just poking around.

She called back. Told me most all the dealers around them were asking $5,000 over and asked what I wanted. Told her I was thinking about buying one and what they could do to persuade me. She told me to make an offer and that was about it. Oh well......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread