GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

TaraFirma

Established Member
beefcake. you need to check a few more posts. All years have been had for under sticker, and in some cases just over invoice. When Dealers still have 08's and 09's sitting around when the 2010 mole year is in full force, we'll see how much they go for then. They'll have to sell them for invoice or less, when they could have sold them for sticker if they werent so greedy. They have done this to themselves. Karma's a bitch. It'll catch up to them sooner or later. In a shitty market like now. We'll see who has the last laugh.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
beefcake. you need to check a few more posts. All years have been had for under sticker, and in some cases just over invoice. When Dealers still have 08's and 09's sitting around when the 2010 mole year is in full force, we'll see how much they go for then. They'll have to sell them for invoice or less, when they could have sold them for sticker if they werent so greedy. They have done this to themselves. Karma's a bitch. It'll catch up to them sooner or later. In a shitty market like now. We'll see who has the last laugh.

i really don't considering i've sold personally about 13 or 14 reg gt 500's and 4 of the 1000 kr's personally, i've got a pretty good handle on the market, and i'm pretty good at getting the dealership to do what price i think the cars will bring

thats why i have no 07's, no 08's, no 09's and both 10's we've gotten are already gone

Agent-GHQ

Established Member
The mark-up on these GT500s is quite disturbing!

But then again, the buyers controls how much the dealership should mark things up. Come on people, don't buy it out of desperation!

SpdPilot

Established Member
I buy Ford myself all the time now it seems. I keep them a couple years and then want new. But I discovered something that some of you know already, but say it again.

Ford dealers fall into three catagories on selling these cars.....

1) Always sell with Huge Markup, will not negotiate.

2) Always sell with a reasonable Markup and might negotiate if you will buy and drive on the spot.

3) Sell for MSRP and are tough to negotiate with, but will with an experienced buyer.

These dealer can be found easy.....

1) This dealer is normally small or one without much local competition in a small town. They don't sell many SVT's and the few they get, they think are "special". Don't even bother with a small Dealer buying a GT500.

2) These are average run of the mill Dealers. It is tough to know who these ones are and they can waste alot of your time. Finding the right salesman is the only way and you still might waste alot of time.

3) These are you high volume dealers. They know how to sell alot of cars, they get lots of SVT's, they don't get attached to the cars, they just want to move them.

Obviously #3 is the one you want to find. These are many of the dealers on Ebay. These are the Dealers who operate several different brands of dealers. If you do a search on Fords website for a V6 Mustang, look for the ones with the highest number of inventory. They will also have the highest number of GT500 sales. Don't limit yourself to local dealers. If you buy nationwide, you can expect shipping in an enclosed trailer to cost you about $2500 delivered to your door. About $800 to have your trade in shipped back in open trailer. Take that into consideration. If you call a dealer, NEVER ask for the "sales manager". Always ask for first, the Internet Sales Manager or the Fleet Manager. Most dealers have these guys handle nationwide sales. Get anyone else, and you will waste a lot of time.

I haven't bought local for the last 10 Fords. In fact, once I found a Jeep on a dealers website, called the Internet Manager, they cut me a good deal. I downloaded the paperwork, filled it out, faxed it over. The next day I drove about 100 miles, walked into the dealer, talked with the salesman for 15 minutes and drove away with the car. I also had my Roush shipped from WI to here via Fedex in enclosed trailer and it took 6 weeks. Longest wait of my life, but never spent more then one hour on paperwork during the whole transaction. That was an Ebay purchase.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef,

Sorrry Man but I think there may be three people in the country that want that color combination. Also without the new HIDs it dates the car, they just don't look like a 2010 with the old style headlamps.

sold for $3200 over msrp,

also,

just took in a mint 2007 black with tungsten stripes w two tone interior

5100 miles, borla exhaust, wheels (kazeras i believe), eibach kit, comes with all original parts

retail is $39,985, could do it for around $38,995

beef
513-478-1965

ccc1.jpg

ccc2.jpg

ccc7.jpg

ccc6.jpg

War Eagle

Established Member
Congratulations! My car is in production now and will be here in a few more weeks.

Steve

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
Just found out I was picked in the AAFES new car sales "lottery" for a chance to buy a new GT500. They were allotted 21 this year. I'm heading out to get the details. I'll post when I get the price info!

War Eagle

Established Member
Just found out I was picked in the AAFES new car sales "lottery" for a chance to buy a new GT500. They were allotted 21 this year. I'm heading out to get the details. I'll post when I get the price info!

Way to go, that is great news. What color are you getting?

Also I just noticed this in your sig, you must be a rotary wing guy. Those things have to many "Jesus Nuts" on them for me. All I fly is fixed wing.:)
"To fly is heavenly, to hover is devine."

Steve

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
Way to go, that is great news. What color are you getting?

Also I just noticed this in your sig, you must be a rotary wing guy. Those things have to many "Jesus Nuts" on them for me. All I fly is fixed wing.:)
"To fly is heavenly, to hover is devine."

Steve
Yup, I fly Blackhawks. Currently in Iraq. Just visited AAFES car sales to talk price. $49,222 with elec. package, HID, and cover

Black'03GT

Established Member
If anyone is interested in a KR, a local dealer (near Allentown, PA) has a 2008 GT500KR, black with black stripes, Sirius, HID, Ambient Lighting and Premium Trim with an MSRP of $80,125 and they're asking $71,000. Like most dealers who still have one it seems like they are very interested in getting rid of it. PM me for details.

04YellowGT

Established Member
Just Wanted to let everyone know there is a 2010 Kona Blue/ Silver Stripe Coupe with like 10miles on it for sale in Kendallville, IN.

The way they are talking they will let it go at sticker. $51,XXX MSRP

Not sure on exact options but it did have NAV.

Ask for Robin and tell them RJ sent you.

(Also if anyone does buy it be sure to let me know a I am supposed get a kick back. :-D)

Call them at (260) 347-3153 (Ask for Robin)

rds2010r/w

2010 gt500

So I'm in Afghanistan, and was one of 21 to get drawn to buy a Shelby through the exchange program. I was selected to special order. I've done my selection, 2010, Torch Red, white stripes, high density headlights, shaker 1000, and a cover. Cost is 48,299.00 to my door. Am I stupid not to buy it?

TaraFirma

Established Member
So I'm in Afghanistan, and was one of 21 to get drawn to buy a Shelby through the exchange program. I was selected to special order. I've done my selection, 2010, Torch Red, white stripes, high density headlights, shaker 1000, and a cover. Cost is 48,299.00 to my door. Am I stupid not to buy it?
I'm in Iraq and was also one of the 21 selected. The way the dealerships are handling the 2010, I think buying through the ENCS prograam from AAFES is our best bet. The price is under MSRP. It's hit or miss to get even MSRP in the states. Many are still asking over. Weather or not they will get ovr MSRP has yet to be seen. I belive we should send a msg very similar to the one this community sent about the 09 KR. Which is; If the dealers are going to charge a huge markup, then they can keep them for themselves. There are still a considerable amopunt of 09 KR's out there that are now being sold for WAY less than the price gouging dealers thought they were going to get for them.

War Eagle

Established Member
i've got a red convertible with black stripe coming, i think i can do msrp on that one

beef
513-478-1965

I got my VIN # this morning on my Torch Red coupe with HIDs.

1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

MSRP is $48,700, Invoice is $44,715. I paid $45,715 ($1,000 over invoice).

None of the 2010s are selling on Ebay and some Dealers are starting to accept less than MSRP. If a buyer is patient they can get below MSRP with no problem. There are a lot of 2010 GT500s starting to show up on Dealer lots, with more arriving everyday. There will be more cars than buyers.

Currently the Dealers have no allocations but that will change shortly and you will also be able to order a car with no problem.

Hang in there guys,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread