GT500 randomly holding high idle?

svtmamba

Established Member
I have run into a problem with my 2010 GT500. I daily drive this car and have never had a problem with it but the other day I was driving at 2400 rpms and when I let off the gas, the rpms stayed at 2400. I pushed the clutch in, they did not drop. I had to turn the car off and it started up fine. This has happened multiple times in the past couple days and the car went into limp mode with check engine codes P2111 (Throttle Actuator A Control System - stuck open), P2104 (Throttle Actuator Control System - forced idle), and P2112 (Throttle Actuator A Control System - Stuck closed). I have cleaned the MAF, installed a new throttle body motor, and confirmed that my floor mat is not getting caught in the gas pedal. I have a 75mm Kenne Bell throttle body and talked to kenne bell and they were at a loss. Any suggestions on what this might be??

96gt02

Established Member
and what about your TPS? I know you changed the actuator but what about that

svtmamba

Established Member
try a re learn mine did that but not as high of an rpm did the re learn and its been fine since.
Will do, Paramount speed in California tuned to the car. I only replaced the throttlebody motor and not the TPS, I will try that. How do you do a re-learn? Thank you

96gt02

Established Member
Will do, Paramount speed in California tuned to the car. I only replaced the throttlebody motor and not the TPS, I will try that. How do you do a re-learn? Thank you

Do all this on a cold vehicle..... Disconnect the negative battery cable, put a towel over the negative terminal on the battery to make sure the cable never touches it, run a jumper wire from the positive battery cable (still connected to the battery) to the negative cable (not connected to the battery) it may or may not spark when you connect them, either way its fine. Let it sit like this for about 10 mins or so as this is what drains all the capacitors and memory. Remove the jumper, reconnect the negative cable to the battery. Go inside the car, make sure all electronics are off, turn the key to on position for about 10 seconds, then start vehicle and let it idle. It needs to warm up from full cold to full hot, once it reaches full hot let it idle for another 5 mins then take it for a 10-15 drive, driving normally and you should be good go at that point. Definitely do the relearn before replacing the TPS, your suppose to do a relearn anytime you mess with the TB so the issue may have just been the motor and it hasn't relearned the new one yet. For whatever reason certain cars need the relearn more then others.

svtmamba

Established Member
Do all this on a cold vehicle..... Disconnect the negative battery cable, put a towel over the negative terminal on the battery to make sure the cable never touches it, run a jumper wire from the positive battery cable (still connected to the battery) to the negative cable (not connected to the battery) it may or may not spark when you connect them, either way its fine. Let it sit like this for about 10 mins or so as this is what drains all the capacitors and memory. Remove the jumper, reconnect the negative cable to the battery. Go inside the car, make sure all electronics are off, turn the key to on position for about 10 seconds, then start vehicle and let it idle. It needs to warm up from full cold to full hot, once it reaches full hot let it idle for another 5 mins then take it for a 10-15 drive, driving normally and you should be good go at that point. Definitely do the relearn before replacing the TPS, your suppose to do a relearn anytime you mess with the TB so the issue may have just been the motor and it hasn't relearned the new one yet. For whatever reason certain cars need the relearn more then others.
Ok I will give that a shot thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread