(Heavily modded 3.4 Whipple won't start w/ heavy fuel smell and soaked plugs)

skysoldier

Established Member
holy crap dude, I just read this whole post and it was like a horrible drama movie with no ending. lol. FTMFW daily that bi***. Sounds like the previous over didn't show it love in many ways. Your a better man than me i would have been camo'd up in the woods by his house waiting for him! lol jk. I really hope you get this thing going, sounds like its slowly but surely getting there. Just remember nothing worth having comes easy. I had to brake my own car in like a wild horse. My AC broke, sprayed coolant at WOT(cracked radiator res), rear diff leaked, all in the first month. It'll get better.

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
The car is running and starting up fine. It just needs fine tuned on the dyno now. I will definitely leave some feedback for that guy.

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

picking up car today. The car was insane on the dyno. The previous owner didn't state the pulley combo correctly. The car did 22-23psi on the dyno. The tuner had to conserve timing a lot to accommodate 93 octane. The timing is 16 degrees. It did like 625 rwhp and 590 rwtq. It was torching the 315's on the dyno. The tuner says with a pulley swap to 18-19psi and a timing jump it would do 650-675 rwhp for 93 octane. Its safely tuned right now until I do the pulley swap.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats! Those 3.4's like to be spun hard. If your looking to keep boost around 19 lbs. Maybe look into trading the 3.4 for a 2.9. May better suit our needs. Either way congrats on getting her running right :rockon:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Glad to see you got it running well. It ran great when I was in it, very fast car and only had 16* Max as well in my tune.

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
The car was tuned at Iron Horse motorsports in corpus. The car was a missile on the ride back. I will keep it right now where its at until I order another pulley and set it up to get retuned to get higher numbers. Kevin Im not sure what flooded out the spark plugs to foul them out so bad. They were toasted and I downgraded to 80lb injectors. I also had a oil separator installed with both the breathers removed and new vacuum lines to the separator so no smoke. The car is not smoking now even though they had to leave it a little rich to accommodate the excessive boost.

By the way when I picked up the car. The tuner said the car was 4 quarts low on oil. Im not sure how the car was running. Kevin their was a lot of oil residue in the crusher inlet. Did you check the oil when you had it?

Last edited:

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
Im not sure if I should post negative feedback. I don't know if that guy knows someone in this area

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The car was tuned at Iron Horse motorsports in corpus. The car was a missile on the ride back. I will keep it right now where its at until I order another pulley and set it up to get retuned to get higher numbers. Kevin Im not sure what flooded out the spark plugs to foul them out so bad. They were toasted and I downgraded to 80lb injectors.
I am not sure. We started the car dozens of times and had no issues. :shrug:

By the way when I picked up the car. The tuner said the car was 4 quarts low on oil. Im not sure how the car was running. Kevin their was a lot of oil residue in the crusher inlet. Did you check the oil when you had it?
I never checked the oil or even unhooked the intake. I just unhooked the vacuum leak on the crusher inlet and tuned it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Im not sure if I should post negative feedback. I don't know if that guy knows someone in this area

That has nothing to do with the feedback. He obviously did a shady deal and by not posting the feedback and your side of the story your only allowing him to do it to another member if he ever tries to sell something on here. people not leaving the feedback is exactly why some people get ripped off.

Glad you got your car working. It deff sounds like a nice ride man.

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Glad to hear that all worked out well! Goes to show you that this engine is stout! I had a similar issue when I first did all my mods. Car ran VERY rich and would stall a lot. Once I got a good dyne tune I was GTG.

Have you considered E85? :p I have the same upgrades (except you switch to 80lb ink) and put down some good power with CORN!

I hope you changed your mind about the Mustangs and can enjoy that BEAST you now call a DD !!! Congrats man!! :beer:

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
It had a E85 tune before but switched it to 93 octane due to no pump stations in my area. The 105's were too much so I switched to 80's. The car now is making a odd sound in the back where the bell housing area is. It sounds like a pigeon flurble and its very consistent when the engine is warmed up. I have to take it back in and they are going to pull the trans. The sound is produced in gear and in neutral. A/C on or off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread