(Heavily modded 3.4 Whipple won't start w/ heavy fuel smell and soaked plugs)

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
Why do people have to chime in and tell me how dumb I am. If you would have read earlier I drive 3 miles to work and live in a small town and rarely travel. So anyone that wants to post these types of comments keep it to yourself. I do have a little 03 cobra knowledge as I use to own a 10th Ann cobra with a kb 2.6. I didn't have to deal with these types of issues on my last car. It drove like a dream and was easily a daily. Given this car is a little more modded than that it might be less of a daily but still manageable. If this car doesn't work out I will just sell it.

evolve

Established Member
Why do people have to chime in and tell me how dumb I am. If you would have read earlier I drive 3 miles to work and live in a small town and rarely travel. So anyone that wants to post these types of comments keep it to yourself. I do have a little 03 cobra knowledge as I use to own a 10th Ann cobra with a kb 2.6. I didn't have to deal with these types of issues on my last car. It drove like a dream and was easily a daily. Given this car is a little more modded than that it might be less of a daily but still manageable. If this car doesn't work out I will just sell it.

You bought a car man. Sometimes things happen and you have to get it fixed. It may not even be the sellers fault. But, it might be... Regardless, get it running and I think you'll have a great car that should last a long time. Focus on getting it on the road for now. Most of us will try to help as much as we can. Try to ignore the "douchebaggery" from the select few.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I'm getting 80's installed so the 105's are for sale. This injectors are $750 new so I will take $475. That is how much these 80's are costing me. The motor only has about 1800 miles. These injectors are used for E85 tunes.

If u contact posi performance brian can sell u 80s for 380 shipped . hit me up about those 105s:beer:

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
That's a good price on the 80's. I already got an offer $500 shipped on the 105's

Last edited:

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
now I have a problem with the title because the guy didn't remove the lien holder and/or release the lien holder off the title. I won't be able to get it retitled under my name until the bank reissues another title with it off. The cars been in the shop since a day after I got it. Nothing but issues!

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
now I have a problem with the title because the guy didn't remove the lien holder and/or release the lien holder off the title. I won't be able to get it retitled under my name until the bank reissues another title with it off. The cars been in the shop since a day after I got it. Nothing but issues!

I hope he paid it off. Or else your car can be repo'ed from the bank that has a lien on it.

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
I went to that bank on the title today and they stated their is no lien on it. The guy just forgot to get the title reissued with the lien holder released off it. So I have to wait until next week when the new title comes to that bank and then I can get it retitled in my name and registered

evolve

Established Member
I went to that bank on the title today and they stated their is no lien on it. The guy just forgot to get the title reissued with the lien holder released off it. So I have to wait until next week when the new title comes to that bank and then I can get it retitled in my name and registered

Good news there

rickrubin2

Established Member
I personally would not buy a heavily modded car just for those reasons good luck with the issues I hope you get them resolved cuz that just blows man

Ltd10th03cobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

Car is now registered and titled in my name. The car is still in the shop awaiting to be dyno tuned Saturday. This other company that had a dyno kept flaking out. This shop I have it at now don't have a dyno so they have to use one nearby. My shop says they are buying one next year. I will get some real dyno jet numbers for 93 octane tune Saturday. I got a list of stuff fixed or changed:

The oil in the engine was 4 quarts low. Can you believe that. A ton of oil residue in the Whipple crusher inlet

Getting new tune because the other was terribly running rich at startup

New NGK plugs cause the other ones were fouled out bad

New motor mounts to fit the blower under hood

Changed 105lb injectors to 80's

Installed bassani race cats to filter the smell and loudness

Changed rear tires to 315/30/18 falken azenias rt-615k so can be D.D.

Installed a LFP oil separator

Adjusted clutch cable to be usable

Had to buy new trunk carpet cause it was missing

Going to buy new fog lamp bulbs cause the others don't work

Last edited:

rickrubin2

Established Member
UPDATE:

Car is now registered and titled in my name. The car is still in the shop awaiting to be dyno tuned Saturday. This other company that had a dyno kept flaking out. This shop I have it at now don't have a dyno so they have to use one nearby. My shop says they are buying one next year. I will get some real dyno jet numbers for 93 octane tune Saturday. I got a list of stuff fixed or changed:

The oil in the engine was 2 quarts low. Can you believe that. A ton of oil residue in the Whipple crusher inlet

Getting new tune because the other was terribly running rich at startup

New NGK plugs cause the other ones were fouled out bad

New motor mounts to fit the blower under hood

Changed 105lb injectors to 80's

Installed bassani race cats to filter the smell and loudness

Changed rear tires to 315/30/18 falken azenias rt-615k so can be D.D.

Installed a LFP oil separator

Adjusted clutch cable to be usable

Had to buy new trunk carpet cause it was missing

Going to buy new fog lamp bulbs cause the others don't work

So does it run now?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Deff let us know of any changes. So the shop is waiting to rent a dyno to tune your car? Sorry for the bad experience. I noticed this guys feedback only has one negative and thats from a diff member. If he did in fact stop communication with you leave bad feedback thats what its there for. Even if he doesnt come on here very much.

Users who are viewing this thread