Hellion turbo 2015 gt.......949 rwhp!

2mchtoy

Established Member
Very impressive. Had no idea that the internals were better than previous years. May be trading in the "13" for a "15.

stangfreak

Established Member
Good luck keeping that IRS together with 1,000 to the wheels :) No seriously if this motor continues to hold that kind of power, I'm impressed and will likely be looking to swap down the road. By swap I mean "Motors" not cars***

You always have something to say about the new mustang. You were bashing some of the cobra guys for doing that to you 11 to 14 guys. Now your the cobra guy it seems. Don't be mad kc. Cars get better every year.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That new irs is awesome especially with upgraded bushings.

Hell, my damn 03 cobra irs with a ftbr kit (complete) and diff cover etc holds up great with 920wtq+.

I love irs basher's because they are so knowledgable

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You know I can't leave well enough alone, I'll also point out that I think it's very cute and oh so pertainant when irs bashers talk about how much better an sra is without disclosing that they have a fully built sra swapped in to replace a stock irs system.

News flash, a stock 99-04 gt sra wheel hops like a bucking bronco when you put 450whp/wtq through it as well. More news flash, setting an irs to hook isn't hard, it's just a different set of procedures vs sra.

If building a 7 second or faster drag car, sure go sra or if you just personally prefer it, great have at it. Enjoy what you wanna pay for and build.

I just get peeved when I see people spouting things like "that irs is garbage, how long is that irs gonna last, irs is junk" etc etc.

Truth is well built irs 03 cobra's have clicked 1.38 and better 60fts. Don't believe me? YouTube "1.38 60ft irs cobra"

Ya it's drag suspension appointments and all, but so are sra cars doing 1.3x 60ft times.

Awesome thing with an irs is once stiffened up and built correctly, you can easily pull 1.45-1.55 60fts with handling oriented springs and shocks on slicks or super sticky dr's like a m&h or Mickey (a stock awd gtr does 1.60-1.80 for comparison) but that same irs car can handle transitional and strings of cornering much more compliantly and efficiently.

Bottom line irs is fine, and if you wanna drag race build it up a bit. Cool thing is a stiffer irs aids handling as well.

No hate to easy going sra guys, but to the annoying ones jeez get a new thing to bash because your thesis's are invalid.

End rant.

Oh, hellion did amazing on this tt kit, way to go guys, keep up the awesome work. I do also want to know uncorrected numbers though because I have seen first hand that correction at altitude on a turbo car can account for 85whp at 4500ft where I live. That said even if it made 850whp through an auto uncorrected, that's beyond god damned awesome, just really would like to know raw numbers if possible. I understand it's marketing suicide but tech guys like us on svtp can keep it on the dl... Well probably not haha

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I bet the uncorrected number is closer to 800, which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at, but in line with what I would expect to be 'safe' on the new engines with better rods. Either way, should be tons of fun to drive!

Mach828

Established Member
To get the true SAE corrected numbers for turbos the correction factor should only apply to the NA power portion.

Assumptions:
20% correction factor
400rwhp is the corrected NA portion

950hp = 858hp
804hp = 737hp

Math
(corrected turbo number / correction factor of 1.20) - (corrected NA number / correction factor of 1.20) = uncorrected power attributable to the turbos
then you can add in the corrected NA number

Puts it on par with boss 302 numbers, which we would expect.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
When trying to judge what the engine will handle it is better to just use the uncorrected numbers instead of giving out an inflated number that doesn't truthfully tell what the internals are taking for stress. This is a monster even uncorrected, so not taking anything away, just like seeing reality. I wish we would all use uncorrected numbers for posts like this, but then people wouldn't have big flashy dyno sheets to brag about.

Voltwings

Established Member
Dynos are typically corrected to STP (Standard temperature and pressure), which is sea level at about 72* i believe to make them more comparable. Kind of like correcting for DA at the track.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
When trying to judge what the engine will handle it is better to just use the uncorrected numbers instead of giving out an inflated number that doesn't truthfully tell what the internals are taking for stress. This is a monster even uncorrected, so not taking anything away, just like seeing reality. I wish we would all use uncorrected numbers for posts like this, but then people wouldn't have big flashy dyno sheets to brag about.

Yea your stockblock motor went low 8's didn't it?
15 block isn't any stronger than the 11-14 blocks at all

Bud

Established Member
Yea your stockblock motor went low 8's didn't it?
15 block isn't any stronger than the 11-14 blocks at all

Stock block in my car went 8.30's, I thought there was rumor the 2015 block got some of the water jacket support that the sportsman block had, was that just rumor?

I'd think the stock 15 pistons/rods would give before the block though if tuned well, that is why I'm curious what the 2015 will actually hold without a correction factor. Real numbers to accurately represent stress on the parts. I'm guessing easily reliable 9 second stock motors, that is nuts.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I'm here LOL.

I honestly do not have the actual file with the graph. Just the datalogs. Hellion will provide the graph.

Users who are viewing this thread