Help/Opinions Needed

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Finally got the car in for fresh paint. Silver Mettalic New Edge Saleen. The car is getting torn down and completely redone. New wheels going on are 3 piece TFs with chrome centers and a matte black lip/assembly bolts.

What I cant decide on is the color for the calipers? Baer kits front and rear. Trying to do something different than the standard red or black. Any ideas? Thanks

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Chrome center and black lip? Being different doesn't always mean good... That's going to make your car seem like its rolling on 15" rims..

As for the brakes, aside from what is proven to look good, color matched to the car would be about the only thing that would look decent. Anything else will look too busy.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Chrome center and black lip? Being different doesn't always mean good... That's going to make your car seem like its rolling on 15" rims..

As for the brakes, aside from what is proven to look good, color matched to car would be about the only thing that would look decent. Anything else will look too busy.

Hope that helps.

Theres a member on here with a GT500 bagged with the same wheel/lip setup. Looks good to me. I got these from Steve almost 2 years ago and never put them on....if I dont like it, I can always have the lips redone since they are 3 piece.

I do like the color matched idea though. Thanks

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
coppercalipers_zpsd602737f.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Finally got the car in for fresh paint. Silver Mettalic New Edge Saleen. The car is getting torn down and completely redone. New wheels going on are 3 piece TFs with chrome centers and a matte black lip/assembly bolts.

What I cant decide on is the color for the calipers? Baer kits front and rear. Trying to do something different than the standard red or black. Any ideas? Thanks

if you have to ask ... paint them pink. for obvious reasons :beer:

where the hell you been man ?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You have a build thread up?

I say Silver with Red lettering or Silver and get Saleen on it in Red of course or the S281 logo.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I went with a monochrome theme on my car, and ended up keeping the factory silver calipers because they went so well with the "shades of gray" thing.

IMG_6522-2M-L.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

As for the brakes, aside from what is proven to look good, color matched to the car would be about the only thing that would look decent. Anything else will look too busy.

Hope that helps.

theyre 19s and they look BIG due to the design. no worries on them looking small lol.

i think a nice satin silver with black Saleen logo would look sweet. or vice versa. silver calipers will just pop more.

stick with the theme of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread