Holley Sniper intake manifolds

CPRsm

Posted boss vs sniper
Losses were getting progressively worse so testing was stopped here

image.png

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Those are my graphs, I couldn't turn the car up anymore because I could tell back pressure started to rise (Not logged just power increase per pound of boost). The Holley manifold is trash, flat out. For a N/A car it will probably work fine and is a much cheaper alternative to a cobra jet setup but for a high HP boosted car it is junk and won't work. Even at 10 to 15psi it may still work fine in a mild boosted application. All of these people who are claiming it works so great either did not do true back to back testing or switched other things WITH the manifold swap so they did not get a true gain or difference. It was a poorly thought out design and not enough testing and R&D was done. You would benefit 1000 times better from porting a boss manifold or a CJ then putting this thing on. Now i understand a lot of higher HP guys need to get away from plastic manifolds (Like myself) because you start getting issues with them lifting off the heads above 30-35psi but having a custom manifold made is really the only option right now or modifying a Holley manifold to work.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Those are my graphs, I couldn't turn the car up anymore because I could tell back pressure started to rise (Not logged just power increase per pound of boost). The Holley manifold is trash, flat out. For a N/A car it will probably work fine and is a much cheaper alternative to a cobra jet setup but for a high HP boosted car it is junk and won't work. Even at 10 to 15psi it may still work fine in a mild boosted application. All of these people who are claiming it works so great either did not do true back to back testing or switched other things WITH the manifold swap so they did not get a true gain or difference. It was a poorly thought out design and not enough testing and R&D was done. You would benefit 1000 times better from porting a boss manifold or a CJ then putting this thing on. Now i understand a lot of higher HP guys need to get away from plastic manifolds (Like myself) because you start getting issues with them lifting off the heads above 30-35psi but having a custom manifold made is really the only option right now or modifying a Holley manifold to work.

There is always the MMR sheetmetal manifold, its definitely more, but not ridiculous like some custom sheetmetal intakes, roughly the cost of a full CJ, CAI, FRPP TB setup.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=26_27&products_id=370

Users who are viewing this thread