Horsepower numbers????

04svtsnke

Established Member

nicksender

Established Member
That seems like a legit link.

If true, I'm surprised that the HP is less than the Boss as Ford promised it would run like one and it has the upgraded internals. Maybe the missing Boss intake and higher redline?

Good to finally see some #'s; hopefully the weight is a better surprise?

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
I already ordered mine. No regrets, but I will be disappointed if these numbers are accurate. Although reality will be when it is put on the dyno to see if they were under rated. I also know what mechanical potential this engine will have.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/17/2015-ford-mustang-specs-435-hp/

Edited for stupid stuff.

Ford has just announced specs for the latest version of the iconic pony car in Dearborn, telling Autoblog that it will pump out as much as 435 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque from its 5.0-liter V8.

The 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder makes 310 hp and 320 lb-ft

The 3.7-liter V6 is rated at 300 hp and 280 lb-ft. Power is down slightly from 2014's output of 305 hp

Last edited:

mustangletback

Established Member
:mj:this is a dam shame.the 50th year should have had at least 450hp.Now i dont believe it will beat a BOSS 302 like they said because the BOSS 302 had closer to 475hp.

Voltwings

Established Member
I dont want DI, not yet. Its awesome until you run out of fuel, because then thats it, you're just out... no swapping in larger injectors. We had to run external injectors and an external controller, splice into the low pressure fuel line, tap the MAF wire, and tune two fuel sources when tuning. Its a major pain in the ass, and while i agree it is the future, and has SEVERAL perks, its just not something i am ready to deal with yet.

Also, as far as the Boss having 475... most dyno 380 to 390 stock, which assuming a 15% drivetrain loss puts it right at 450 hp. Also, Ford said this new car would outrun a Boss around a track, and just look at what the 1Le camaro did with 20 less horsepower than the Boss 302 ... This new car will have a MUCH broader torque curve with the improved heads and cams, as well as more horsepower. I fail to see why everyone is unhappy unless you simply fail to see the progress being made here.

rrg9946

Established Member
I dont want DI, not yet. Its awesome until you run out of fuel, because then thats it, you're just out... no swapping in larger injectors. We had to run external injectors and an external controller, splice into the low pressure fuel line, tap the MAF wire, and tune two fuel sources when tuning. Its a major pain in the ass, and while i agree it is the future, and has SEVERAL perks, its just not something i am ready to deal with yet.

Also, as far as the Boss having 475... most dyno 380 to 390 stock, which assuming a 15% drivetrain loss puts it right at 450 hp. Also, Ford said this new car would outrun a Boss around a track, and just look at what the 1Le camaro did with 20 less horsepower than the Boss 302 ... This new car will have a MUCH broader torque curve with the improved heads and cams, as well as more horsepower. I fail to see why everyone is unhappy unless you simply fail to see the progress being made here.

Well said. I agree totally. Although the initial number may look small, the potential is great.

BMR Tech

+2015!

Well said. I cannot even tell you how anxious I am to see what these cars do, with an auto - tune, intake and drag radials. They are going to fly!

They will also be excellent in the corners, no doubt about it.

kino

Established Member
Hopefully when these cars hit the dyno we will see an underrated figure much like the bmw m4 is showing, at least I'm that's the case. On paper I'm not seeing anything that impresses me especially for its 50th anniversary. I surely hope that it's performance surpasses it's written specs.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
14 GT, 420 HP / 390 TQ, 15 GT 430 HP / 400 TQ. Boss is 444 HP, right?? I think many of us we're expecting around 450 HP. Maybe the up-coming. Ford Racing Performance Pack will get it there??? Fail to see progress?? We'll see, especially how buttoned down the IRS is. Coming from a modded Terminator [Thank-you AC 427 for your IRS kit], it can be done....

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
So 3 months ago when I said I thought the 15 would have 430-435hp some of you guys thought I was being a snob Boss owner being butt hurt about the new car.
I wanted the car to be lighter and have 475hp too, but that's not reality.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Ugly front end, 87lbs heavier, only a 15 hp increase. Every new bit of news I hear about this new Mustang has been disappointing. Too bad for ford that the Coyote engine didn't come out on the 50th anniversery, since that seems to be the biggest improvement for the GT in the last 15 or so years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread